Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

6 hours ago, Plikk said:

I shared my short term ADA thoughts on the charting the course thread.

ADA, VET, TRX, ICX, XTZ, XVG, ARK. Maybe i’ll buy some XRP later on, I expect it to be a laggard so i’d rather not hold it now. 

No IOTA? Methinks it would round out the inevitable return to dominance of the 2017 heavy-hitters. 

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, HenrySeldom said:

No IOTA? Methinks it would round out the inevitable return to dominance of the 2017 heavy-hitters. 

Held it, made good profit and moved onto other projects with staking. Has plenty potential left. 

7 hours ago, Chookstar said:

That is great news @Plikk.

One thing I have learned recently is that, so far, I am really bad at taking profits. I watched my FTM go to over $1 and now back to 62 cents (aud). 

Now my ADA has gone from 14 cents to $1.90 and I'm just staring at the screen wondering what to do. I don't have any life changing amounts in either so I guess I thought I would just hold until the upcoming ALT season and see what happens. But I do wonder if I should take out my initial buy in amount no matter how small so that I learn to exit better.

I'm definitely open to exiting suggestions!

I read somewhere that a good strategy would be to take 20% when price goes up by 10x.

Then take out 10% each time price doubles from there.

10 hours ago, Plikk said:

I shared my short term ADA thoughts on the charting the course thread.

ADA, VET, TRX, ICX, XTZ, XVG, ARK. Maybe i’ll buy some XRP later on, I expect it to be a laggard so i’d rather not hold it now. 

I sold ADA at the top a few days ago. VET is a great long-term play and in an allied industry I am loving AMB (Ambrosus) which is related to sensor devices for the IOT and supply chain tracking.

Others that are doing very well for me are DGB (Digibyte), RDD (Reddcoin), ETN (Electroneum), ORN (Orion Protocol), SNT (Status Network), HOT (Holo), TROY, HYDRO and CDT (Blox). I have others that are in profit but awaiting the moonshot...KIN, LTO, QLC, DATA and eXRD (Radix)...and of course XR-bloody-P.

11 hours ago, Chookstar said:

One thing I have learned recently is that, so far, I am really bad at taking profits. I watched my FTM go to over $1 and now back to 62 cents (aud). 

Now my ADA has gone from 14 cents to $1.90 and I'm just staring at the screen wondering what to do. I don't have any life changing amounts in either so I guess I thought I would just hold until the upcoming ALT season and see what happens. But I do wonder if I should take out my initial buy in amount no matter how small so that I learn to exit better.

That was my mistake in 2017/18; I didn’t cash out. I had literally only just heard of “ripple xrp” at the time and felt a storm brewing. I got in at 25c and a very short time later, it was at over $3. I should have sold the whole stack, but I was a newbie who knew nothing of the crypto space and greed got the best of me. I thought surely this will grow for more than a few months. I had also just finished a contract that paid me very well so I wasn’t in need or itching to take profits. Now, with hindsight (of course), I should have sold at or near the top, then bought back a massive stash when it was in the teens and held until the recent run up to around 70c. 

Went in a little bit of a rant here, but the point is, 10x is A LOT. Sure, it might not constitute as a “moonshot” but damn, it’s a helluva return. I wish future me would have told past me that!!

I think the problem is you invested too little (and I don’t mean this in a bad way, just for context as a whole). We all invest what we can, I understand that. The thing is, the ones who invested little NEED massive moonshots for it to “mean anything”, (psychologically anyway) whereas someone who invested a significant amount of money, say $10k+, would already be sitting on a really nice pile of cash at 10x, so it’s MUCH easier to pull the trigger. 

Point is, this is very high risk territory, and those who risked it for the biscuit get the multiplicative benefit of being able to cash out earlier because “it’s enough”. It also went the other way for other people who did the same but were shaken out and capitulated when they should’ve held.

One of the problems I face now is that I have erc-20 defi tokens that are in profit and I want to sell but the gas fees are ridiculous so until the fees reduce or a v2 tech is released I'm stuck.

Edited by jMusic
2 hours ago, Neurotoxin said:

think the problem is you invested too little (and I don’t mean this in a bad way, just for context as a whole). We all invest what we can, I understand that. The thing is, the ones who invested little NEED massive moonshots for it to “mean anything”, (psychologically anyway) whereas someone who invested a significant amount of money, say $10k+, would already be sitting on a really nice pile of cash at 10x, so it’s MUCH easier to pull the trigger.

Yes, you are right about investing too little in ADA. Where I haven't invested too little is XRP...and now it's just such a waiting game, but based on my past experiences I think I'll put in sell orders for around x10 to x20 so that I don't have time to second guess myself and get greedy if the time ever comes that we get to these prices...

14 hours ago, Chookstar said:

I sold about 15% of my ADA stack at .75 and reinvested it into pancake swap. Those have cut in half while Cardano doubled from there. Oh well it’s the house’s money now.

11 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

I sold about 15% of my ADA stack at .75 and reinvested it into pancake swap. Those have cut in half while Cardano doubled from there. Oh well it’s the house’s money now.

At least it was only 15% so limited exposure, and ur green on ADA! All this talk about pancakes got me thinking about food, back to the fiskar’s? 

2 hours ago, jMusic said:

One of the problems I face now is that I have erc-20 defi tokens that are in profit and I want to sell but the gas fees are ridiculous so until the fees reduce or a v2 tech is released I'm stuck.

You into Quant? Promising tech tied tightly to Ripple/XRP/ILP. 

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I think that's great that you are now just playing with the house's money, and the way things work, pancake swap could turn around anytime...