Jump to content

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

Value will come onto ledgers but it will be tokenised in a way that the average person on the street will probably not even know they are interacting with a blockchain. (Again, I'm not talking about BTC here. It's hard to miss the fact you are interacting with it when you have to spend $23 and sit around for hours waiting for your transaction to complete.)

Some people still fail to derive value or understand where the value comes from, but still, same people, continue throw delusional claims that "store of value" can be every blockchain asset, especially asset that has zero incentives built-in, really? Payments is not the only value that BTC brings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

7 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

@Eric123 I have heard Tether have stopped printing money.

This worries me, does it worry you?

EvKEo3FXMAkNQOv?format=jpg&name=medium

Careful now with the tether thing. I brought it up a few days ago and I got called out for ranting and apparently the tether thing is a non issue and had no significant impact on BTC (and therefore other coins) pricing. 
 

I of course, disagree with that and find the tether case to be worrisome at least in the short to medium term. A lot of volume came from tether purchases that were basically using money out of thin air. Now that trading volume will no longer be there (the non backed part).

What will be the impact on price now that they have to be backed 100% and eyes are on them? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Careful now with the tether thing. I brought it up a few days ago and I got called out for ranting and apparently the tether thing is a non issue and had no significant impact on BTC (and therefore other coins) pricing. 
 

I of course, disagree with that and find the tether case to be worrisome at least in the short to medium term. A lot of volume came from tether purchases that were basically using money out of thin air. Now that trading volume will no longer be there (the non backed part).

What will be the impact on price now that they have to be backed 100% and eyes are on them? 

The problem with the tether issue is that people have been warning about it for years, and the btc price has just kept going up. Even if it is a problem people have been crying wolf for too long now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Flare Finance

Maybe.

But Flare will have some catching up to do in terms of network effects. BTC has 12 years of organic spontaneous growth behind it.

Let's face it, that whole utility-story drama I've been reading since 2017 is likely just a nothing burger. XRP is yet another sh*t...err altcoin, that hopefully has another pump to $10 in it, so that some of us can make some buck. Anything built on top of it is a moonshot of a moonshot.

Happy to be proven wrong, I sit on a big enough stash to make a difference. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

The problem with the tether issue is that people have been warning about it for years, and the btc price has just kept going up. Even if it is a problem people have been crying wolf for too long now. 

I don’t believe it is priced in just yet. Sure people were crying wolf for a long time, but it kept going on. Now they’ve been found guilty and fined for it. No more trading volume from money that isn’t there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Nat99 said:

BTC has 12 years of organic spontaneous growth behind it.

Sorry...   had to laugh at that.   :) 

Whales and exchanges and pumps and dumps...   that’s like the exact opposite of spontaneous organic growth.  But yeah your point about momentum and catching up is valid.  Just couldn’t resist smiling at the idea that this market has been “spontaneous” or “organic”.    :) 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTC dominance dropping from medium term support on high volume. This is GOOD. Exactly as I was hoping to see, so far most is still going as I charted a few days ago.

If BTC can keep slow bullish momentum, alts will get their chance. Alt season is upon us, i stand by my prediction of end of march/ beginning of april that we start to see parabolic moves across the board. But as said earlier, time is hard to predict, but it can’t take much longer looking at the charts. 
1C806CC3-BB56-4AD0-A711-98A0FBE905AA.thumb.png.88902a4931e2aee5d74fb3c2310ed775.png

Oh an I have 0 worries about Tether. It is such old and classic FUD that people just keep believing in it. Even after the court case in which Teger was found NOT guilty of market manipulation, the FUD persists.They were only found guilty of not having enough assets to back them and they loaned much money out to Bitfinex without reporting, this was the scandal, not any manipulation. Also, they get away with a simple fine because they are now fully backed again.

pfff believe what you will, if you want to be scared and sell just before the parabolic movements, be my guest. I don’t care to convince you, it is easily debunked FUD and if you do any proper research, you can figure it out yourself. This is not Kindergarten. 

Edited by Plikk
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Sorry...   had to laugh at that.   :) 

Whales and exchanges and pumps and dumps...   that’s like the exact opposite of spontaneous organic growth.  But yeah your point about momentum and catching up is valid.  Just couldn’t resist smiling at the idea that this market has been “spontaneous” or “organic”.    :) 
 

nobody forced the 10k people who currently run a node to do so, agree?

https://bitnodes.io/

Looks pretty spontaneous to me.

Just to clarify, I use "spontaneous" in a Mises/Hayek like "spontaneous order" type of context.

Also, nothing un-organic about whales. Un-organic is what central banks are. It's not like one has the choice to opt in or opt out of the fiat system. OK, since 2009, one has. But before that it was what it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Nat99 said:

nobody forced the 10k people who currently run a node to do so, agree?

https://bitnodes.io/

Looks pretty spontaneous to me.

Just to clarify, I use "spontaneous" in a Mises/Hayek like "spontaneous order" type of context.

Also, nothing un-organic about whales. Un-organic is what central banks are. It's not like one has the choice to opt in or opt out of the fiat system. OK, since 2009, one has. But before that it was what it was.

I really don’t want to debate about organic Bitcoin.   :) 

 

 It’s as manipulated a market as is possible to imagine.  If you think otherwise fair enough.

But those two words will get a laugh out of me if applied to Bitcoin (or crypto in general) for the next little while at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plikk said:

If BTC can keep slow bullish momentum, alts will get their chance. Alt season is upon us, i stand by my prediction of end of march/ beginning of april that we start to see parabolic moves across the board. But as said earlier, time is hard to predict, but it can’t take much longer looking at the charts. 

That is great news @Plikk.

One thing I have learned recently is that, so far, I am really bad at taking profits. I watched my FTM go to over $1 and now back to 62 cents (aud). 

Now my ADA has gone from 14 cents to $1.90 and I'm just staring at the screen wondering what to do. I don't have any life changing amounts in either so I guess I thought I would just hold until the upcoming ALT season and see what happens. But I do wonder if I should take out my initial buy in amount no matter how small so that I learn to exit better.

I'm definitely open to exiting suggestions!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plikk said:

Alt season is upon us, i stand by my prediction of end of march/ beginning of april that we start to see parabolic moves across the board. But as said earlier, time is hard to predict, but it can’t take much longer looking at the charts.

Would you mind to share what coins you will hold on your anticipated alt run?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Chookstar said:

That is great news @Plikk.

One thing I have learned recently is that, so far, I am really bad at taking profits. I watched my FTM go to over $1 and now back to 62 cents (aud). 

Now my ADA has gone from 14 cents to $1.90 and I'm just staring at the screen wondering what to do. I don't have any life changing amounts in either so I guess I thought I would just hold until the upcoming ALT season and see what happens. But I do wonder if I should take out my initial buy in amount no matter how small so that I learn to exit better.

I'm definitely open to exiting suggestions!

 

I shared my short term ADA thoughts on the charting the course thread.

9 minutes ago, VanHasen said:

Would you mind to share what coins you will hold on your anticipated alt run?

ADA, VET, TRX, ICX, XTZ, XVG, ARK. Maybe i’ll buy some XRP later on, I expect it to be a laggard so i’d rather not hold it now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

BTC dominance broke down but got support at the downward trend line. The black line is my expectation for the coming days/weeks. This could mean alts stall a bit here until the upwards trend line becomes resistance.976080823_Schermafbeelding2021-02-27om15_18_43.thumb.png.600a9d87ef2019e38dd5ec1e653cb69f.png

 

Alts almost ready to break out. Look at that volume, usually this would be a sign of a double bottom, but it is best to wait until confirmation.

10D64EAD-3B9A-487A-93CB-0EA3AB409639.thumb.jpeg.54a0f72efdf1d552cdf86f141bbdcdcd.jpeg

Furthermore, the RSI is showing strength on there 2nd touch of the local bottom. Good sign. We now want alts to break above the 21 EMA.

 

 

Schermafbeelding 2021-02-27 om 15.24.50.png

We want this trend line to become support and bounce.

1381891478_Schermafbeelding2021-02-27om15_40_04.thumb.png.1ff7e16c024062432f844b3682430256.png

Edited by Plikk
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, BillyOckham said:

Sorry...   had to laugh at that.   :) 

Whales and exchanges and pumps and dumps...   that’s like the exact opposite of spontaneous organic growth.  But yeah your point about momentum and catching up is valid.  Just couldn’t resist smiling at the idea that this market has been “spontaneous” or “organic”.    :) 
 

The new norm

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bitcoin has moved out of it's near term down trend and the Bollinger Bands are starting to contract.  Looks like we get some sideways movement from here for a little bit.  Bitcoins hash rate hit a new ATH Thursday.  

The MACD on the daily chart is still negative but looks like it might level out here.  The RSI is not way out of overbought territory. 

15 hours ago, HenrySeldom said:

May we ask what does worry you, @Eric123?

About bitcoin's price??  Not much.  As far as I see it Bitcoin has reached the point where it's further adoption/acceptance is basically unstoppable. 

2 27 2021.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.