Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

3 hours ago, JASCoder said:

Crates of fine whiskey, and mint condition vintage comic books !

I remember when I was at university in 1971 there was this guy who collected comic books, first editions of superman etc, and would pay insane amounts of money for them. We thought he was mad and he was, he used to get high on cough mixture and was banned by the local chemists. Perhaps he has not lasted, but I guess if he is still alive he must be super rich now.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

I remember when I was at university in 1971 there was this guy who collected comic books, first editions of superman etc, and would pay insane amounts of money for them. We thought he was mad and he was, he used to get high on cough mixture and was banned by the local chemists. Perhaps he has not lasted, but I guess if he is still alive he must be super rich now.

Good story ! 
LOL
I love how the Simpsons plays with the subject, always cracks me up.

An old workmate told me his dad gave him all his old collection, and he thot they were worth over a million now.
Crazy stuff. 

9 minutes ago, JASCoder said:

Good story ! 
LOL
I love how the Simpsons plays with the subject, always cracks me up.

An old workmate told me his dad gave him all his old collection, and he thot they were worth over a million now.
Crazy stuff. 

Tell him to sell up and invest it all in XRP That will bring him back o earth :)

Interesting discussion. I am skeptical about the alt run being later, many alts are running right now or have already run. Completely disagree about switching to ETH. ETH looks incredibly bearish compared to other major alts.

6 hours ago, Nat99 said:

I guess once lightning pool rolls out their GUI, one could try and get some yield for non-custodially provided liquidity in a 2/2 multisig setup, in the beginning fixed for 2016 blocks. I can't verify this but Marty Bent had an interview with Preston Pysh and he said he was looking at 8-15% annual yield on Pool.

As ever BTC is behind the curve and people don't even know it. You can already get yield like that holding or staking on some exchanges. Also this is another area where Flare shines. Compounding yield without giving up custody of your coins. On top of that you can stake to provide liquidity with a little risk if you want. Flare Finance will allow you to gain every greater yield but the risk will be higher. 

6 hours ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

This part of it is still somewhat difficult to fathom, at least for me. That value is going to incrementally/exponentially shift to the ledger and be measured in sats rather than dollars. I get that it, or something like it is going to happen. But it's along the lines of a genuinely new invented language emerging to replace english as a global language and all the others along the way. Like, what?

Don't worry, it's not going to happen. The only people who talk in terms of sats are crypto fanatics. Even that is less common than it used to be, because the number of fiat / alt pairs is so much greater than it was a few years ago. Thank God we no longer have to use BTC to buy lesser known alts. 

Value will come onto ledgers but it will be tokenised in a way that the average person on the street will probably not even know they are interacting with a blockchain. (Again, I'm not talking about BTC here. It's hard to miss the fact you are interacting with it when you have to spend $23 and sit around for hours waiting for your transaction to complete.)