Jump to content

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Chookstar said:

@Plikk and @Eric123 and anyone else who'd like to share their view...

 

When you talk about alt season beginning do you mean a general run of all alts? Or do you mean more random alt coins making huge gains, like we've seen with ADA and FTM? If you think it will be a general run for alts, do you think coins like these will run again? 

Thanks as always...

In alt season, ALL alts benefit and get parabolic moves one after the other. Money rotates and we have some weeks of crazy gains across the entire board. We have only just broken out of the bearish trend with alt market cap entering new highs, the best has yet to come. My guess would be end of March/beginning of April in which we see alt season kick off, but time is impossible to predict. 

Edited by Plikk
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Plikk said:

Exactly. It would also coincide perfectly with the alts retesting the previous 2017 ATH again giving the spring needed to start alt season. It all aligns perfectly, but any big news event can cause a sudden move.

Crypto fundamentals have never looked better and with institutions joining, we might even be in for a supercycle. The mother of cycles wherein full adoption takes places among retail and institutions

https://danheld.substack.com/p/a-bitcoin-supercycle

Fantastic article. I've been trying to explain this to my close friends regarding the printing of money. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, NMNR said:

Fantastic article. I've been trying to explain this to my close friends regarding the printing of money. 

"Here are the financial institutions and trading legends that have recognized Bitcoin is Gold 2.0 over the last 4 months: 

- Fidelity  
- JP Morgan 
- Bloomberg 
- Deutsche Bank 
- Citibank 
- Jefferies
- Blackrock
- Susquehanna
- Paul Tudor Jones 
- Stanley Druckenmiller 
- Guggenheim
- AllianceBernstein
- Bill Miller
- Mass Mutual 
- Ray Dalio

[...]

Bitcoin was made for this moment." 

What was written into the BTC genesis block again? Oh yeah, 'the international financial system is awesome and hopefully this p2p currency will help to enrich the rich even further!'

"Right now, Bitcoin’s “Gold 2.0” narrative is the only narrative that is driving the crypto space forward. It is the singular focal point that will continue to accrue attention and purchasing demand."

Interesting thing about BTC maxis is how ignorant they are of the alt space. I think some of them literally think that BTC is still cutting edge tech and that paying $26(!) for an achingly slow transaction is normal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

"Here are the financial institutions and trading legends that have recognized Bitcoin is Gold 2.0 over the last 4 months: 

- Fidelity  
- JP Morgan 
- Bloomberg 
- Deutsche Bank 
- Citibank 
- Jefferies
- Blackrock
- Susquehanna
- Paul Tudor Jones 
- Stanley Druckenmiller 
- Guggenheim
- AllianceBernstein
- Bill Miller
- Mass Mutual 
- Ray Dalio

[...]

Bitcoin was made for this moment." 

What was written into the BTC genesis block again? Oh yeah, 'the international financial system is awesome and hopefully this p2p currency will help to enrich the rich even further!'

"Right now, Bitcoin’s “Gold 2.0” narrative is the only narrative that is driving the crypto space forward. It is the singular focal point that will continue to accrue attention and purchasing demand."

Interesting thing about BTC maxis is how ignorant they are of the alt space. I think some of them literally think that BTC is still cutting edge tech and that paying $26(!) for an achingly slow transaction is normal.

It’s not about the technology, it is about the economic proposition of BTC. Does BTC have the best or competitive technology compared to other crypto? No. Does it matter at this point? No.
 

Eventually BTC can be superseded by another project, but that moment lies far in the future. We are seeing a shift in old money from traditional assets to BTC, en masse. 
 

I don’t hold BTC, never have, but to ignore it’s impact on the macro economic situation we are in right now would be a mistake imo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Plikk said:

It’s not about the technology, it is about the economic proposition of BTC. Does BTC have the best or competitive technology compared to other crypto? No. Does it matter at this point? No.
 

Eventually BTC can be superseded by another project, but that moment lies far in the future. We are seeing a shift in old money from traditional assets to BTC, en masse. 
 

I don’t hold BTC, never have, but to ignore it’s impact on the macro economic situation we are in right now would be a mistake imo. 

I don’t disagree, I’m just pointing out the issues in the article. 
I actually disagree we are seeing a move “en masse.” I am wary of having my view skewed by people within crypto. People outside crypto might be more aware now, but as I’ve said before crypto still represents a ridiculously risky asset class and I can’t imagine many financial managers advocating having more than a tiny percentage of one’s net worth in crypto:

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Chookstar said:

When you talk about alt season beginning do you mean a general run of all alts? Or do you mean more random alt coins making huge gains, like we've seen with ADA and FTM? If you think it will be a general run for alts, do you think coins like these will run again? 

I think we are about 8-10 months away from alt season.  I think all the coins that already ran will run again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The internet uses over 6% of the world's energy.  I wonder if investors in Amazon, Google, Netflix and Facebook take into account that governments could outlaw the internet and shut them down.  This is a real risk to their businesses that no one seems to take into account. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Plikk said:

It’s not about the technology, it is about the economic proposition of BTC.

Isn’t “economic proposition” just a fancy way of saying “it has value because people believe it has value”? Even tulips have value aside from what people believe about them.  It could be argued that btc actually has negative value because it is an energy hungry line of 1s and 0s. Like an old computer you just leave running all the time but never use.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Seoulite said:

I don’t disagree, I’m just pointing out the issues in the article. 
I actually disagree we are seeing a move “en masse.” I am wary of having my view skewed by people within crypto. People outside crypto might be more aware now, but as I’ve said before crypto still represents a ridiculously risky asset class and I can’t imagine many financial managers advocating having more than a tiny percentage of one’s net worth in crypto:

Each new generation is becoming more and more willing to take risks though. Especially as talks of stimulus and UBI heat up. Millennials to a fairly large extent and the Zoomers after them will be all about risk. It won't be overnight, but it could happen faster than we think.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

Each new generation is becoming more and more willing to take risks though. Especially as talks of stimulus and UBI heat up. Millennials to a fairly large extent and the Zoomers after them will be all about risk. It won't be overnight, but it could happen faster than we think.  

Millennials and zoomers are taking risk because traditional assets are out of reach. Few of these people have the money to move the needle on BTC. As the article says the people investing in Satoshi’s dream are the down and out hedge funds and multinational banks. Y’know, the people crypto was created for.

Edited by Seoulite
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

Each new generation is becoming more and more willing to take risks though. Especially as talks of stimulus and UBI heat up. Millennials to a fairly large extent and the Zoomers after them will be all about risk. It won't be overnight, but it could happen faster than we think.  

Of course the millennials will take up crypto, but I think the big money will come from the bank accounts older generations.  The hard working professional classes and people approaching retirement will be forcing their financial advisors to find ways to include a stake in the BTC/financial digital revolution/tokenisation of assets...I am not sure what the catch phrase will be.  Others will learn to trade on investment sites like etoro (who are showing the way). 

For these people it will be about securing their futures, getting a stake in new tech, FOMO and perhaps most of all FOFF - Fear of the Future of Fiat.    Everyone is subliminally aware that the amount of money being printed for Covid will have deep consequences for their ability to save for the future.  Crypto answers that fear and this solution will go viral, stimulating new investors to flock into crypto in their millions.  The movement will not just be Europe and America, it will be global. 

I do not see this as a dream, I see it as an inevitable consequence of printing so much money.

Edited by Julian_Williams
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

and perhaps most of all FOFF - Fear of the Future of Fiat.

I think that this is something that, as crypto holders investments grow in fiat value, will give great concern. The thought process will be, “I have a large pot of cypto, what do I do with it now?” If Fiat is to become untrustworthy what will I sell my crypto for? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, WarChest said:

I think that this is something that, as crypto holders investments grow in fiat value, will give great concern. The thought process will be, “I have a large pot of cypto, what do I do with it now?” If Fiat is to become untrustworthy what will I sell my crypto for? 

I’ve thought about this many times. My “solution” is that I’ll always keep a stash around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eric123 said:

I think we are about 8-10 months away from alt season.  I think all the coins that already ran will run again.

This must be the first joke I read from you for the entire 4 years, as serious as a lawyer and crypto trader as you are.

:big_boss:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.