Jump to content

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, JohnnyLarue said:

 Having thousands of units bought in at sub-$1 is just a lot more attractive to me than having a mere fraction of something that's the currently most valued crypto ever.

This is the mistake many make.

Ultimately it is not how much of something you have that matters. What matters is percentages.

If you have 1000 things at $1 each and it goes up by 10% you have $1100.

If you have 1 thing at $1000 and it goes up by 10% you have $1100.

Percentages are king. 

That being said, I believe you are right to think the 'potential' for higher gains in percentage terms favours XRP rather than BTC at the minute.

This is something that will play in our favour as new money fomos in. They will fall into the trap of thinking that having 1000 XRP is better than a fraction of a BTC and this will only serve to drive the price up for the rest of us to hopefully benefit🤷‍♂️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

5 hours ago, JohnnyLarue said:

For someone of modest means like myself($3k all-in), It's just very hard for me to see the upside of buying BTC now. With those modest means, spreading myself too thin over multiple cryptos doesn't seem reasonable too. I recently sold all my crypto units, then got back in on this recent correction and thankfully ended up with more xrp units than when I sold. I decided to go all in on XRP again(with what we all believe here is its strong use case), but this time I've spurned BTC. A 2x growth for example seems to me to be a lot more probable in XRP than in BTC. As of today's prices, 2x would equate to approx. $1.4 per unit XRP-CAD, vs $130,000 BTC-CAD.... Maybe I'm just too beholden by old metrics of growth potential, and is my distaste of having fractional units blinding me from the opportunity of having a portion in BTC?  Having thousands of units bought in at sub-$1 is just a lot more attractive to me than having a mere fraction of something that's the currently most valued crypto ever.

BTC seems like it's had it's moonshot and it's currently orbiting and will fluctuate, but xrp seems to still be in the launch testing phase....That said, I see this all as a gamble, and it may just all crash and burn, but it's an amount I can lose...Happy to hear your thoughts on this. 

 

You have the right idea. It’s not about price per unit. It’s about percentage gains. If you put a thousand dollars of doge at less than a cent (not that long ago) and cashed out at 7 cents you’d have multiplied that thousand exponentially. If you had put the same 1k on btc at 5k and sold at 50k, sure you made some good money and the figure seems large when u glance over the asset, but it’s not even close to the gains made on the asset that’s literally still worth pennies per unit. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChuckN said:

If nobody decided to ever sell any more XRP. What do you think the price does? Stay at 50c?

If every sell order at every exchange is put in at $500, and 1 person decided to buy, how much money moved the price to $500?

 

 

Yeah but that only works on low volume items, and it’s doubtful for top 10 crypto assets to be trading at very low volumes (in my uneducated, non-market expert opinion). 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Coinlist came out with Avax, Near, Flow, and Rose in the past 12 months. All quality ICO's with very good returns. 

I intend to invest some in the next batch. Some of these were community release which means limited allocation and one was a dutch auction.

https://blog.coinlist.co/introducing-the-coinlist-seed-winter-2021-batch/ 

*Please do research before investing. 

 

 

Edited by strikerjax
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jamie998 said:

This is the mistake many make.

Ultimately it is not how much of something you have that matters. What matters is percentages.

If you have 1000 things at $1 each and it goes up by 10% you have $1100.

If you have 1 thing at $1000 and it goes up by 10% you have $1100.

Percentages are king. 

That being said, I believe you are right to think the 'potential' for higher gains in percentage terms favours XRP rather than BTC at the minute.

This is something that will play in our favour as new money fomos in. They will fall into the trap of thinking that having 1000 XRP is better than a fraction of a BTC and this will only serve to drive the price up for the rest of us to hopefully benefit🤷‍♂️ 

More peaple getting educated around crypto is a fact tho. Peaple getting smarter about btc and relatives everyday ^^

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pauillac said:

More peaple getting educated around crypto is a fact tho. Peaple getting smarter about btc and relatives everyday ^^

I am sure the market is getting more sophisticated, and some of the youtube crypto analysis channels are giving quite good commentary these days.  But getting ten thousand tokens against .005 % of one token, has a big effect on buying habits.  I really do not like buying a tiny percentage of one BTC for £5k.  Also the unsophisticated market are the newbies most of whom most have not arrived yet, and they will buy low value tokens just like they ever did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

I am sure the market is getting more sophisticated, and some of the youtube crypto analysis channels are giving quite good commentary these days.  But getting ten thousand tokens against .005 % of one token, has a big effect on buying habits.  I really do not like buying a tiny percentage of one BTC for £5k.  Also the unsophisticated market are the newbies most of whom most have not arrived yet, and they will buy low value tokens just like they ever did.

You are right of course, but for me this is a good thing as btc growth will in future be driven by institutional not retail buying and the scale of their purchasing power dwarfs anything retail could ever muster. We have moved along the adoption curve, the game is changing and the bitcoin window of opportunity for retail is closing.

There will always be other tokens though...yes xrp I'm looking at you :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Begofend said:

Maybe watch it, it's pretty interesting, saying this runnis fueled by retail, where q4 run was institution. 

Whilst I do think that $50k is insane and I also agree that institutional would have been buying for around $3k, I still don't trust what JPM says. Busy at the moment but will defo watch the video. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Day another All Time High in Bitcoin.  Looks like Bitcoin Might Break $54k today.  Polkadot and NEO moving nicely as well.

Ripple has their first conference regarding their lawsuit with the SEC next week. I doubt we'll get anything too surprising until Gensler is confirmed as the head of the SEC which hasn't happened yet.  

 

2 19 2021.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Begofend said:

Maybe watch it, it's pretty interesting, saying this runnis fueled by retail, where q4 run was institution. 

Did they miss microstrategy? Buying another 1 bln. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.