Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

6 hours ago, JohnnyLarue said:

I'm starting to get fearful as others are seeming to become too greedy honestly. 

Almost every crypto is rising from what I can gather, with many reaching their ATHs. Relative Strength Index for many cryptos is climbing fast into overbought territory.  Too much, too fast it seems.

I followed my gut to take my +93% profits(in 3 years) and sold all my coins to cash right now. I know that's not 'moon' territory and I do have a little FOMO on the rises in the last few days, but I'm feeling better about keeping my powder dry for the steep correction that's coming. 

I think about doing that on occasion, but once you (responsibly) set aside the money you need to pay for taxes it doesn't seem to make any sense. 

5 minutes ago, HenrySeldom said:

I think about doing that on occasion, but once you (responsibly) set aside the money you need to pay for taxes it doesn't seem to make any sense. 

My target is to sell 20% of my portfolio, when that 20% figure covers my initial investment. There will be tax due on that, I know.

That leaves 80% for a free ride.

37 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

As I've been writing for years, I think XRP is going to be multiples higher than it's 2018 high of $3.6, so at least $10.  What would I buy up to?   I'd say .75 feels about right.  There are other crytpos I also like (NEO) that are still no where near their previous ATH's and even LTC is only 50% or so of it's previous ATH.

To the guys taking profits.  I can see why you're doing it, but you did not come to crypto for 100% gains.  You came here for 10,000% gains.  I wrote years ago that "It's a lot more nerve wracking when the price is going up" or something along those lines.  IMO the party is just getting started, (and hasn't even started for XRP yet).  You guys are leaving early, like way early, like the alcohol hasn't even come out and the strippers aren't due to arrive for another three hours. 

Elon Musk is not a fool.  Musk is probably the most innovative person to emerge in a generation (baring Satoshi)  Even among visionaries Musk is a leader and regarded as something of a demi-god by Millennials.   TSLA just started holding bitcoin, this doesn't mark the end of a run- but the beginning.  Other companies will follow and when thy buy in it will be at much higher prices. 

Companies are starting to buy Bitcoin, Funds will be buying Bitcoin, Governments will eventually buy Bitcoin, Central Banks will probably buy Bitcoin (IMO Christine Lagarde saying they won't makes it even more likely) and people will be able to buy Bitcoin through ETF's soon.  Look at the chart of Gold since the introduction of the ETF in 2003.

Regarding XRP/Ripple - Garlinghouse is and has been rubbing elbows with world financial leaders for years.  Garlinghouse has not been attending the World Economic Forum for years for nothing. Neither XRP nor Ripple are going away.  

Bitcoin's price is still bouncing around the $46k $48k range.  Looks like it will continue to get consolidation here at least for a few days.   XRP is also consolidating around the high .50's looks like it might also consolidate there for a bit. 

I appreciate your consistency in sharing your thoughts with us on a daily basis. You mentioned before that you believe XRP will reach at least 10 USD. Do you believe this will happen based on speculation only or really utility driven? Or maybe a combination of both?

4 hours ago, pascales said:

Sold part of my bags as well - pretty green so can’t complain in any case, but fear the bull might continue for a while, hence kept part of my investment still on.

How much time would you give the overall market before a massive correction happens? 

No idea of course of how long.... i'm just keeping an eye on it for now. 

1 hour ago, Eric123 said:

As I've been writing for years, I think XRP is going to be multiples higher than it's 2018 high of $3.6, so at least $10.  What would I buy up to?   I'd say .75 feels about right.  There are other crytpos I also like (NEO) that are still no where near their previous ATH's and even LTC is only 50% or so of it's previous ATH.

To the guys taking profits.  I can see why you're doing it, but you did not come to crypto for 100% gains.  You came here for 10,000% gains.  I wrote years ago that "It's a lot more nerve wracking when the price is going up" or something along those lines.  IMO the party is just getting started, (and hasn't even started for XRP yet).  You guys are leaving early, like way early, like the alcohol hasn't even come out and the strippers aren't due to arrive for another three hours. 

Elon Musk is not a fool.  Musk is probably the most innovative person to emerge in a generation (baring Satoshi)  Even among visionaries Musk is a leader and regarded as something of a demi-god by Millennials.   TSLA just started holding bitcoin, this doesn't mark the end of a run- but the beginning.  Other companies will follow and when thy buy in it will be at much higher prices. 

Companies are starting to buy Bitcoin, Funds will be buying Bitcoin, Governments will eventually buy Bitcoin, Central Banks will probably buy Bitcoin (IMO Christine Lagarde saying they won't makes it even more likely) and people will be able to buy Bitcoin through ETF's soon.  Look at the chart of Gold since the introduction of the ETF in 2003.

Regarding XRP/Ripple - Garlinghouse is and has been rubbing elbows with world financial leaders for years.  Garlinghouse has not been attending the World Economic Forum for years for nothing. Neither XRP nor Ripple are going away.  

Bitcoin's price is still bouncing around the $46k $48k range.  Looks like it will continue to get consolidation here at least for a few days.   XRP is also consolidating around the high .50's looks like it might also consolidate there for a bit. 

Respect what you're saying about it being too early, that's on my mind too....I accept the risk I'm taking with sitting on the sidelines for now though, and waiting for a good dip to build the stacks back up.

$10 for XRP will be extremely hard to achieve though...100 billion total XRP at $10/unit would eventually have to mean a market cap of $1 trillion dollars. I know half of that is in circulation now, but as time goes on more will be released from escrow. $1 trillion is over $120 billion more than BTC's, and approx. 37x XRPs, market cap today. 37x is a very, very long way to go

I'm open to hearing how i'm wrong about that, would love for XRP to go that high obviously!

1 minute ago, JohnnyLarue said:

Respect what you're saying about it being too early, that's on my mind too....I accept the risk I'm taking with sitting on the sidelines for now though, and waiting for a good dip to build the stacks back up.

$10 for XRP will be extremely hard to achieve though...100 billion total XRP at $10/unit would eventually have to mean a market cap of $1 trillion dollars. I know half of that is in circulation now, but as time goes on more will be released from escrow. $1 trillion is over $120 billion more than BTC's, and approx. 37x XRPs, market cap today. 37x is a very, very long way to go

I'm open to hearing how i'm wrong about that, would love for XRP to go that high obviously!

I still cling to the reality I've always known just enough to agree that 37x SHOULD take a very very long time. That being said, the old realities of money and finance seem to be deteriorating/crumbling/evolving more and more every day. Every hour. 

I learned the hard way from the last bull/bear cycle, so I am trying to hold firm to the plan of taking out reasonable profits with eyes on the next dip. I suppose the commas may move and the numbers may change, but the ebb and flow of the markets will never go anywhere. Right?

18 minutes ago, JohnnyLarue said:

https://medium.com/blockchain-review/why-market-cap-is-a-meaningless-dangerous-valuation-metric-in-crypto-markets-8deb78c50995

The only thing thing I want know, how much real capital has come into play in crypto

Say BTC get a 20% increase overnight, and that's a 200 billion MC increase. Is there really 200 billion poured into it?

Guess not. 5 billion maybe a good guess. World wide that's peanuts, with all the fiats watered down badly

1 hour ago, Raekwon said:

I appreciate your consistency in sharing your thoughts with us on a daily basis. You mentioned before that you believe XRP will reach at least 10 USD. Do you believe this will happen based on speculation only or really utility driven? Or maybe a combination of both?

The short answer to this is XRP reached $3.6 in 2018 on the backs of Retail traders alone.  Once this SEC case is behind XRP and Ripple and Institutions are able to hold, custody and invest in XRP I think it's a no brainer that XRP will at least 3x it's 2018 high.

37 minutes ago, JohnnyLarue said:

I'm sure there will be plenty of pullback that you can use to jump back into the market.  I think the price will go up but certainly not straight up.  It's a hard trap to fall into when you start buying back at higher prices though and it's hard not to let that happen.  I wish you luck.

34 minutes ago, RipMcGillicuddy said:

I still cling to the reality I've always known just enough to agree that 37x SHOULD take a very very long time.

Disagree.  Look at the 2017-2018 chart, XRP went from .005 to 3.6 a 720x move in less than a year near the end of the move XRP went from .22 to 3.6 in about 3 weeks.  I don't think it will take long at all to move 37X, maybe a month.    

14 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

The short answer to this is XRP reached $3.6 in 2018 on the backs of Retail traders alone.  Once this SEC case is behind XRP and Ripple and Institutions are able to hold, custody and invest in XRP I think it's a no brainer that XRP will at least 3x it's 2018 high.

I'm sure there will be plenty of pullback that you can use to jump back into the market.  I think the price will go up but certainly not straight up.  It's a hard trap to fall into when you start buying back at higher prices though and it's hard not to let that happen.  I wish you luck.

Disagree.  Look at the 2017-2018 chart, XRP went from .005 to 3.6 a 720x move in less than a year near the end of the move XRP went from .22 to 3.6 in about 3 weeks.  I don't think it will take long at all to move 37X, maybe a month.    

I think SEC is a biggest bear trap here, and drag of attention, I think something in between 6-10 USD is in play this year, it basically x10 - x16 as of writing and SEC show can go on for decades, fundamentals are there and strong, business as usual.

@JohnnyLarue It’s good you’re practicing some common sense during this kind of market. My 2 cents though is that I’m in two minds whether we will see a catastrophic crash like we did 3 years ago. This is primarily because of the institutional money that has since been pumped into the market. There’s a vested interest. Hell you wouldn’t see Tesla putting $1.5b on their books of BTC of their research indicated a massive crash in the near future. Let alone all the hedge fund people now. Hell if they’re able to manipulate the stock market which is heavily regulated, I can only imagine they’d ensure their investment in crypto is safe in an entirely unregulated market. 

As @Eric123 has said there will be pull backs, but I think things are only heating up. Obviously not financial advice and just based on a gut feel. 

6 hours ago, Plikk said:

We need this support to break, and off ALTS will go, XRP included. Prepare for full vertical madness. 

13818E50-EDEA-47A4-A4A5-C3B82593327B.png

A friend of mine argues that TA is not useful on the btc dominance chart because it’s not a buying and selling market as such and so the psychological factors aren’t in play. I disagree but what do you think?