Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

3 minutes ago, Ramforinkas said:

This. I've been rotating money actually out of BTC, ETH, and now ADA into some of my worst performing alts - started doing this a couple of days ago. Sold ADA for the first time today. My ADA DCA was also around 4 cents, and ETH was around 150-200.

BTC at 45k doesn't look good anymore to me, even if it runs up past 100k. Hell, BCH looks like a better purchase now then BTC. (my opinions)

A friend of mine is doing exactly the same. I'm a little wary of jumping around too much. If you think Alt season will mean that everything is randomly going to pump then it's a good plan but I'm not sure about it. But yes, anything that is not at the ATH is a better buy right now.

3 minutes ago, xrp_sea said:

Why did you pick $100K as your return?

The OP said 'when BTC reaches 100k people will wish they bought at these levels'. I was challenging that. Could BTC go to a million dollars? Sure, why not. But if BTC was a million how much do you think the big alts would be? Or do you believe that all of that money will only go into BTC? We already know that's not the case. Again, look at the charts. The RR on btc may have been great 8 years ago. It ain't so great now, is my point. 

4 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

But if BTC was a million how much do you think the big alts would be? Or do you believe that all of that money will only go into BTC? 

It's hard to say and I don't think the charts can tell you the answer. I speculate that in the long-term there will be BTC and just a handful of other alts that move up. And the rest will sputter out.

@SeouliteI think the goal of the whales Is to accumulate the most BTC they can with their alts , because they know long term BTC will be rare.

Most of alts coins will disappear , or will be worthless. now they x100 and they trade it back to BTC when they made enough BTC with it.

So I agree that you can make much more if you buy early with alt coins , but for many big holders their goal is to accumulate more BTC , and sell at much higher prices or even keeping them.

Edited by Baka

2 minutes ago, Baka said:

@SeouliteI think the goal of the whales Is to accumulate the most BTC they can with their alts , because they know long term BTC will be rare.

Most of alts coins will disappear , or will be worthless. now they x100 and they trade it back to BTC when they made enough BTC with it.

So I agree that you can make much more if you buy early with alt coins , but for many big holders their goal is to accumulate more BTC , and sell at much higher prices or even keeping them.

It's interesting you think most alts will become worthless but BTC will just be valuable for some reason. Scarcity must be linked to some other value in order to be significant. Diamonds are valuable because they are rare AND they have aesthetic/practical value. Ditto for gold. Snow leopards are valuable because they are rare AND they have aesthetic/moral value to people. Snow leopards are beautiful so people want to save them. The brown speckled nemotoad worm that only exists in one corner of an Amazonian swamp is rare but has little aesthetic value for people, so who gives a damn. There's a reason the WWF used a panda and not the Javanese trapdoor tarantula on their logo. 

BTC has value now because it is rare AND has first mover advantage, media attention, and big numbers. First mover advantage fades with every passing day. Once the mainstream media realises that crypto =/= bitcoin so will others become household names. The big numbers may continue to be attractive but that's hardly a strong case. 

No one uses AOL internet on a CD ROM anymore. The future of telecommunications is not the nokia flip phone. "But it can make calls!" you say. Yeah so can my iPhone 12. It can also do a bunch of other stuff. I think I'll stick with my iPhone thanks.

47 minutes ago, Seoulite said:

It's interesting you think most alts will become worthless but BTC will just be valuable for some reason. Scarcity must be linked to some other value in order to be significant. Diamonds are valuable because they are rare AND they have aesthetic/practical value. Ditto for gold. Snow leopards are valuable because they are rare AND they have aesthetic/moral value to people. Snow leopards are beautiful so people want to save them. The brown speckled nemotoad worm that only exists in one corner of an Amazonian swamp is rare but has little aesthetic value for people, so who gives a damn. There's a reason the WWF used a panda and not the Javanese trapdoor tarantula on their logo. 

BTC has value now because it is rare AND has first mover advantage, media attention, and big numbers. First mover advantage fades with every passing day. Once the mainstream media realises that crypto =/= bitcoin so will others become household names. The big numbers may continue to be attractive but that's hardly a strong case. 

No one uses AOL internet on a CD ROM anymore. The future of telecommunications is not the nokia flip phone. "But it can make calls!" you say. Yeah so can my iPhone 12. It can also do a bunch of other stuff. I think I'll stick with my iPhone thanks.

I understand what you are saying.

I'm not a BTC maxi , but I'm telling you what I think people with big money are doing , not you or me.

I think this BTC thing will last for years and years , and price will keep growing 

5 hours ago, Baka said:

I understand what you are saying.

I'm not a BTC maxi , but I'm telling you what I think people with big money are doing , not you or me.

I think this BTC thing will last for years and years , and price will keep growing 

Let's be frank. XRP is a sh*tcoin that didn't live up to it's promises. The whole crossborder usecase just got burned into the ground by Jack Maller's STRIKE, where anybody can send any currency to anybody else around the world by using lightning and Bittrex Global on both ends of the transaction. It's what Ripple always wanted to do but was too incompetent to implement, yet a kid in a hoodie built STRIKE from his parent's basement. 

You're absolutely right, BTC will keep growing, I can see many more four-year cycles with new ATHs ahead. XRP however, probably has its last bull run this year. I'll get out at $10 and probably stop caring about it. BTC is where all the innovation happens. If you've listened to any BTC podcasts over the last 6 months, your head would spin about the speed of innovation, which is actually accessible by the average user, whereas XRP is this corporate mental masturbation non-sense, with its corporate divas Brad and David. It's a cool project, it'll pump this time, I'll get out, but I have lost the majority of my emotional attachment to XRP that I initially had when I got in in summer 2017.

Keep an eye on STRIKE. This is the real deal.

6 hours ago, Baka said:

+100

5 minutes ago, Nat99 said:

STRIKE, where anybody can send any currency to anybody else around the world by using lightning

Burned to the ground?

*Strike is currently only offered in the United States and only supports the US dollar. NY and HI excluded.

I understand it says "currently."

However, how many fiat pairings does XRP currently have? Where in the world can it be used again, today? You seem to be ignoring Ripple's groundwork. 

Sounds to me like you've lost one emotional attachment and latched onto another. Good luck. 

8 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

ignoring Ripple's groundwork. 

I still can't send fiat using XRP. This here is what Ripple wanted to be and was incapable of pulling of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt2C3CsLi7k

8 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

how many fiat pairings does XRP currently have?

somewhat irrelevant, given BTC has more and Bittrex has the incentive to just add more and more.

9 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

I understand it says "currently."

Exactly. It's just a matter of time. The infrastructure (lightning, the respective private channels and the respective LN nodes) is there, the app is in place. Ripple has none of that.

10 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

Sounds to me like you've lost one emotional attachment and latched onto another.

Sums it up :) 

11 minutes ago, Wolfparty said:

Good luck

Thanks, buddy ;) 

7 hours ago, Seoulite said:

The OP said 'when BTC reaches 100k people will wish they bought at these levels'. I was challenging that. Could BTC go to a million dollars? Sure, why not. But if BTC was a million how much do you think the big alts would be? Or do you believe that all of that money will only go into BTC? We already know that's not the case. Again, look at the charts. The RR on btc may have been great 8 years ago. It ain't so great now, is my point. 

I think BTC can definitely go well beyond 100k but here is the thing.  There are levels of adoption from companies like Mastercard who will use BTC.  That's the domino effect. PayPal, Tesla, jumped in.  Hence, why you would see Amazon, and Facebook at some point; would put BTC on the balance sheet.  The two big companies of the world are PayPal, and Tesla who has given BTC the stamp of approval so other companies will follow and put 10's of billons of dollars in.  That is BULLISH for BTC in my opinion.

When it comes to altcoins, it depends on the altcoin...  The top 10 coins in 2017 are not the same in 2021...  I personally find altcoins that can give me a big returns (like ADA and hopefully XRP), than throw my profits into BTC.  My portfolio has done pretty good so far with this strategy.

51 minutes ago, Nat99 said:

I still can't send fiat using XRP. This here is what Ripple wanted to be and was incapable of pulling of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt2C3CsLi7k

somewhat irrelevant, given BTC has more and Bittrex has the incentive to just add more and more.

Exactly. It's just a matter of time. The infrastructure (lightning, the respective private channels and the respective LN nodes) is there, the app is in place. Ripple has none of that.

Sums it up :) 

Thanks, buddy ;) 

Well thank you for making an account on the XRP forum. You will find out that many people here invest in BTC to get some money out of it but laugh at the tech in 2021. Tech that despite all the innovation you mention will not get better. This is it, technically.

As panopticon said, people are using BTC again after a couple of years and the network is getting clogged. And you seem very happy with Lightning network, which takes away everything BTC stands for. I guess the 'BTC is the safest network in the world' gets thrown out the door once it's not convenient anymore. But hey, more BTC slogans have silently dissappeared over the years right ;)

XRPL has none of that (actually it does, by the way...), but it does not need a prefunded second layer, fully centralized network of nodes that takes away every safety the original BTC network offers itself. Just to prevent it's network from freezing. Let alone that the person running the nodes can take it down any moment, effectively taking away your prefunded bitcoins. 

Imo BTC will be a very scarse relic which could indeed stay valuable in the future if that is your bet.

9 hours ago, Seoulite said:

Shitcoins exist for over decade and mainstream media is aware of that, what are you talking about?

Look at stats now, BTC dominance is ~65% vs thousands shitcoins. 900B matrket cap in single one vs 500B in thousands.

In your post you try to question points that is already hapenning.

The comparison on iPhone vs others is laughable and does not correspond reality and reasoning of choice in crypto.

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

Well thank you for making an account on the XRP forum. You will find out that many people here invest in BTC to get some money out of it but laugh at the tech in 2021. Tech that despite all the innovation you mention will not get better. This is it, technically.

As panopticon said, people are using BTC again after a couple of years and the network is getting clogged. And you seem very happy with Lightning network, which takes away everything BTC stands for. I guess the 'BTC is the safest network in the world' gets thrown out the door once it's not convenient anymore. But hey, more BTC slogans have silently dissappeared over the years right ;)

XRPL has none of that (actually it does, by the way...), but it does not need a prefunded second layer, fully centralized network of nodes that takes away every safety the original BTC network offers itself. Just to prevent it's network from freezing. Let alone that the person running the nodes can take it down any moment, effectively taking away your prefunded bitcoins. 

Imo BTC will be a very scarse relic which could indeed stay valuable in the future if that is your bet.

BTC slogan did not dissapear it just become defacto nr 1 crypto that does not need introduction. But indeed, slogans that XRP will flip BTC dissapeared and compared to 2017, people at least started question all that marketing BS that was brought by Ripple in regards of XRP(L)

"XRPL has none of that" and than "actually it does, by the way" is exactly this uncertainty that indeed scares investor.