Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Dario_o said:

PLease help me understand why this BTC run-up should last 1 year compared to the previouses (few weeks then crash). Asking for a friend..

Every bull run was more than 1 month, the only problem stays though, we did not have enough bull markets, data is just optimistic. 

As of time we broke ATH on 16th or 19th December, this is tipping point of bull market, so we are only circa 3 weeks

Some people think that it startrd from 3k in march, which is wrong, that time it still was bear market.

Just look graphs, once BTC broke ATH it never got back to it.

25 minutes ago, xrp-nuke said:

Every bull run was more than 1 month, the only problem stays though, we did not have enough bull markets, data is just optimistic. 

As of time we broke ATH on 16th or 19th December, this is tipping point of bull market, so we are only circa 3 weeks

Some people think that it startrd from 3k in march, which is wrong, that time it still was bear market.

Just look graphs, once BTC broke ATH it never got back to it.

I still don't understand this.

Are you saying you're expecting the price to continue to go up for a FULL YEAR?? 

This has never happened before so why will it happen now?

Edited by Moonraker

Another thing I don't understand - everyone keeps going on about how alt coins will start going up in price once Bitcoin comes down.

Again, this has never happened before so why will it happen now?

Historically, when Bitcoin goes up in price, all alt coins follow suit and vice versa.

Edited by Moonraker
1 hour ago, Moonraker said:

I still don't understand this.

Are you saying you're expecting the price to continue to go up for a FULL YEAR?? 

This has never happened before so why will it happen now?

You have access to same graphs as me, why are you trying to deny or play a catch?

1 hour ago, Moonraker said:

Again, this has never happened before so why will it happen now?

I think this happened in the 2017/2018 run. The altcoin market kept trucking even after BTC started its correction. I acknowledge this is an extremely small window, but looking at the altcoin market as a whole, it did happen.

1133753305_ScreenShot2021-01-09at4_14_49PM.thumb.png.50201037c2dda0fe59306a03ced10c4b.png

10 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Eric, I believe you said you are a lawyer.  This case has a deadline for discovery (?) on 15 Jan.  should we be fearful of this date?  Thanks in advance - this stuff is outside my league.  Seems it has been rumbling along since mid 2019

Yes I'm a lawyer, but I am writing this from just a bystander point of view as I haven't reviewed the arguments in depth.  To me it seems the suit is irrelevant to the bitcoin price and also I think the claims againt tether and bitfinex are overblown.

Max Keiser addressed this very issue in an interview.  From what I remember he said that Tether is mainly a way for Chinese and Russians to move money around and it has very little effect on the bitcoin price amounting to I believe 8% of the trading now.

Also the fact that Tether has grown something like 800% since the NYAG's lawsuit (and if I'm right this is basically a copy of that) shows that most people aren't worried.  

I think someone on this thread was posting a doomsday type date for bitcoin.  Maybe this was it, I'm not sure and I have that person on ignore. 

I'm not worried. 

11 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Yes I'm a lawyer, but I am writing this from just a bystander point of view as I haven't reviewed the arguments in depth.  To me it seems the suit is irrelevant to the bitcoin price and also I think the claims againt tether and bitfinex are overblown.

Max Keiser addressed this very issue in an interview.  From what I remember he said that Tether is mainly a way for Chinese and Russians to move money around and it has very little effect on the bitcoin price amounting to I believe 8% of the trading now.

Also the fact that Tether has grown something like 800% since the NYAG's lawsuit (and if I'm right this is basically a copy of that) shows that most people aren't worried.  

I think someone on this thread was posting a doomsday type date for bitcoin.  Maybe this was it, I'm not sure and I have that person on ignore. 

I'm not worried. 

Max what will happen, is that USDT will flow into USDC

58 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

I'm not worried. 

Where do you get 8 percent of trading? Im Seeing at least 90 percent of daily trading coming from USDT. It may be 8 percent of the market cap but not the daily trading voulme. 

32 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes it is an attack on tether, so everyone withdraws their tether and puts into any coin they feel is safe, and tether goes bankrupt?

Who's to say all the money in tether is real and it's all there to be withdrawn? The trillion dollar question.