Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

6 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Well that was definitely a bounce! That caught me off guard. I can’t handle the suspense!!

@LetHerRip Did you put water in the engine or something? Get this thing moving man! Wtf!

Sir, I have located the problem, this is the misfiring of the 3 cylinder! Working on it as we speak:

5815ad33c1b9e.png.9273a4353c5f48034bcc09894f580bac.png

We will resume upwards on onwards shortly, please stand by.

On 11/30/2020 at 12:35 PM, ESCH said:

If the daily volume of something (like bitcoin) is 10% of the total market cap, it is impossible to act like a store of value because price movements up or down are to high.

The same can be said about stocks, yet a lot of people rely on their 401k and live through the ups and downs.

Where exactly can one store value?

Fiat is scheduled to depreciate 2% a year by central banks, although no matter how hard they have been trying they have not met that target lately.

Just name an asset that does not fluctuate.

The name of the game in crypto is for an investor to wait till everyone gets depressed about price and buy with a target of 1 to 5% of total personal equity.

That modicum amount is enough as an hedge and protection against currency devaluation.

Just exactly who is going to pay for the billions lost through lock down?  New money is being issued. Soon or later inflation will have to creep up simply because there is an increase amount of currency vs. actual goods and assets available.

Again, what is your choice store of value?

13 hours ago, WarChest said:

Has there  really been a surge in XRP price because of the Spark airdrop? Surely this rise would have happened anyway, just like it has for most other ALTs + BTC

FWIW - I've been monitoring the timings of the volume buys of BTC and XRP, and their direct trade ratio; this latter is akin to the gold to silver ratio which can sometime reveal some clues to the market's sentiment.

Two discoveries I found interesting: 
One, the trading spikes often occur in sync, tho not in the same ratios - which show up in the asset pair's trade ratio.
Two, there has been numerous XRP buy events NOT matched by the same in BTC.

It seems very likely that Big Capitol has been pursuing crypto asset accumulation, in a manner to minimize price impact as much as possible. But also, for the case of the lone XRP purchases, this could be XRP focused accumulation - either motivated for the nearing Flare snapshot event, and/or for other unrelated reasons.

So, it does seem that SOME of the recent price rises of XRP are related to Flare, but not solely. If I had to guess, maybe a third or so of the extra over BTC's trading.

I think we'll know more on this after the snapshot, as most certainly some of the acquired XRP will be sold off after 12DEC - that proportion will be interesting to observe.

Edited by JASCoder
added crucial missing "not"

I’m thinking we got a double top for now. There doesn’t seem to be enough excitement yet to push Bitcoin much past ATH.

Or perhaps there’s an intentional effort to stop the price from running away just yet for those of us that believe in whales.

I don’t see XRP having a surge if Bitcoin keeps drifting down.