Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

12 minutes ago, Baka said:

yes , let's see if we go under 0.28$ in the coming hours/days.

We didnt get to 0.35$ , 0.32$ was the top . not a good sign at all to me.

I'm not at all convinced that this is a long term problem, more likely that the pull back that I was expecting when we hit $0.28 is happening now that we double-topped at $0.32.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, Master_of_Brain said:

I'm not at all convinced that this is a long term problem, more likely that the pull back that I was expecting when we hit $0.28 is happening now that we double-topped at $0.32.

What happens to XRP price now is simply a butterfly flapping its wings in a void, it has no relationship to what is happening with Ripple/XRP in the real world.  Anyone who has watched the Julia Chatterley interview with Brian Brookes will know price today is not relevant to how well Ripple are developing their space in the future world of finance.  Ripplenet and XRPare now so well poised to become The blockchain project that connects the real world of banking with the future world of blockchain and internet of value, it is unreal.  Brookes even uses Garlinghouse's analogy of carrying suitcases of money in aeroplanes to avoid using SWIFT. 

IF the price crashes, I will a simply scrape a little more money together and keep buying.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Bitcoin's price seems to have leveled out - it is still within the triangle and above three of the support lines and is only below the top of the triangle at $12,100.  Bollinger Bands have flattened out and should continue to tighten. To me it looks like the price is settling out before the next move higher.  ETH is above $400 and LTC is above $60.

Bitcoin's price has been over $10k for 24 days - also hash rate ticked up a bit.

8 20 2020.png

Bitcoin's price is doing more of the same.  Staying withing the triangle but above most of the support lines.  LTC is holding above $60 and Eth is above $400.  XRP is lagging at below .29.  To me it still looks like the price is consolidating before a higher move.  On a side note have you guys been checking out the move in OMG and NEO?

8 21 2020.png

We haven't had a good sell off in a while, we were certainly due.  I have been in cash since $12000 but just made my first round of purchases at $11300, picked up some ETH and COMP as well.  More buys set for $11100 and $10500, praying they hit over the weekend.

No change to the long term plan, this is simply your favorite coin on sale.  

Bitcoin's price broke below the support line but has recovered and is currently above the line and it looks like it might be headed for a green close above $11,600.  Bollinger bands are tightening.  The price is really doing more of the same.  The price has held above $11k even under pressure, I doubt it falls below that.  I think we stay at or near support for a while, until the 700 Day EMA crosses the Down Trend Line (or a day after) at which point Bitcoin makes another move up, so I expect the move to occur around Monday or Tuesday.

8 22 2020.png

Looking at this chart, I think at least one more leg down to hit the MA200 on the 4H ($11100) makes perfect sense.  From there, a bounce and then dip down to test $10500 makes good sense, but I could also see it just taking off from there.  BTC has an inevitable date with resistance at $13500, it's just a matter of when and what happens first.  Until the price closes above the MA20 on the daily and/or 4H, we are in correction mode - at least that is how I'm viewing it.

EDS5n82f

On 8/20/2020 at 5:01 AM, Julian_Williams said:

What happens to XRP price now is simply a butterfly flapping its wings in a void, it has no relationship to what is happening with Ripple/XRP in the real world.  Anyone who has watched the Julia Chatterley interview with Brian Brookes will know price today is not relevant to how well Ripple are developing their space in the future world of finance.  Ripplenet and XRPare now so well poised to become The blockchain project that connects the real world of banking with the future world of blockchain and internet of value, it is unreal.  Brookes even uses Garlinghouse's analogy of carrying suitcases of money in aeroplanes to avoid using SWIFT. 

IF the price crashes, I will a simply scrape a little more money together and keep buying.

Exactly.  People talk about "opportunity cost" of holding XRP for 2.5 years in a bear market.  For me, it's a price I'm willing to pay given what MIGHT happen with XRP.  So many people here are very good at saying what's happened (usually to scold XRP holders), not what WILL happen.  That's because nobody really knows. 

For example, I made a good profit with gold and silver.  Did that mean I was "right"? Not really.  Anything could have happened.  I knew that despite how good fundamentals looked, there are variables - such as manipulation - outside of what I know. 

My point here is that never believe a retail trader who says "they knew token A would crash" or "token B would moon".   All they do is look back and tell you what's happened.  Wow.  When they do that - ask them to give specific predictions about the future.  They are always quiet.  And that's why I have some long term holds like XRP, because I can't time things and I don't have a crystal ball.  Very few people could time the last bull run....and there was a lot of people watching XRP's price go from 20c to $3 and they couldn't even register to an exchange - they were a day late.  To play the game of the hindsight trader, think about the opportunity cost of not being involved in the last bull run, yet knowing you could have....if you just had your positions ready. 

I suggest this topic is only for BTC price prediction. I've been following this thread for quite sometimes, and to be honest, it's quite annoying to see the XRP prediction inside this thread. Eric may not predict right all the time but he gives some ideas about price prediction which is sometimes good to be noted. And to support his work without the XRP biased, it will be better to move all XRP price prediction to the other thread...  

Edited by Guest

More of the same for Bitcoin's price.  Riding the Support line, Bollinger Bands tightening.   We have a short term down trend line that the price is about to break out of as well and the 700 Day EMA is making it's march toward the Long Term Down Trend Line.  So still waiting on the next breakout which i place at around the 25th or 26th. 

Even though ETH is below $400 which seems like a decent area to place a buy I'm encouraged to see OMG pretty much holding it's gains.  NEO has also been hanging in there.

8 23 2020.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.