Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

18 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

Does this really work though.  There's a 6% premium on XRP between bitfinex and bitstamp right now.  If you transfer BTC from Bitstamp, sell into USD at Bitfinex for 5% gain you'd have to buy back up into a 6% premium on XRP at Bitfinex so you'd net -1% by the time it gets back to Bitstamp. 

Maybe if they transfer XRP to Bitfinex and sell into USD for a 6% and then buy into the 5% premium on BTC they can make 1% - fees getting back out.  Is my logic borked here?

My friend, whose name you would recognize if I told you (which I won't) is making money or she wouldn't be doing it. In the world of arbitrage (which is not my area at all) I think 1% is worth exploiting, and I'm just afraid if enough people do it, they could crash the exchange. I know Bitfinex is backed by people with very deep pockets. I don't get why they don't just raise some money, get to parity on their Tether shortfall, and act in a transparent manner, like they should have been doing all along. I'm guessing it's because they are way too arrogant.

1 hour ago, automatic said:

Let's start with a short answer:  yes and yes and for the same reason that banks offer checking accounts.

Yeah but when you put money into a checking account the bank can then loan out 10x that balance to it's customers at an interest rate higher than what they are paying you if you are receiving any at all.  Is there really anywhere someone can find a fixed interest vehicle that performs at a level sufficient to make the stable coin worthwhile without using leverage?  I guess.

Another question guys, if anyone wants to weigh in.

So I was worried about the BTC price on BItfinex was indicating instability, but what if it means something else? I heard that XRP popped up briefly  to .77 yesterday on BitBay. Is it possible that the unevenness in price across the market we're seeing is related to a broadening lack of liquidity on exchanges......who are not holding enough coin to meet increasing demand? That they are being surprised and having to bid higher to build up their own supplies?

Not chart related exactly, but maybe the people who like this thread are the ones most likely to know the answer to my question. I do appreciate the excellent points brought up here yesterday, and I think we had a much more interesting discussion than the typical stuff I'm seeing on the other threads.

I was surprised by yesterday's BTC action. I thought last night it might even touch 6K on CMC's chart. The real resistance, though, is way up around 6500. Imho the rising volume yesterday staved off a retrace. Not sure if we hold here.

32 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Is it possible that the unevenness in price across the market we're seeing is related to a broadening lack of liquidity on exchanges

^^ likely this, however my guess would be that the spike was due to thin alt order books with the crowds jumping into BTC.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Kavabata said:

1mD5KtIn

Ripple price is approaching our first support (horizontal swing low support, 61.8% Fibonacci retracement ) where we might see a corresponding bounce in price to our first resistance (horizontal swing high resistance).Stochastic is also approaching support where we might see a corresponding rise in price. 
Trading CFDs on margin carries high risk. 
Losses can exceed the initial investment so please ensure you fully understand the risks. 

@karlos

this member has been copying posts from the internet and claims them as his own(provides no source whatsoever). He has been warned by many members, but continues his malicious practices. 

Please advise. Thank you. 

Edited by Plikk

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Plikk said:

this member has been copying posts from the internet and claims them as his own(provides no source whatsoever). He has been warned by many members, but continues his malicious practices. 

Usually people are more subtle in what they lift online; or, at least, they would poorly paraphrase the source to at least make matching it up to the original post online a bit more difficult. Seems these are a complete copy/pasta:

Example 1 (TradeWithTyler):
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XRPUSD/dkxXqSZz-Massive-Dump-Incoming-XRP-Headed-to-0-05-cent/
https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30042-epic-pennant-on-btc-chart/?do=findComment&comment=698254

Example 2 (AlexStanilevych):
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XRPUSD/xHyi7v1Y-XRPUSD-New-Bullish-Cycle/
https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30042-epic-pennant-on-btc-chart/?do=findComment&comment=699935

Example 3 (easyMarkets):
https://www.tradingview.com/chart/XRPUSD/1mD5KtIn-XRPUSD-approaching-support-potential-bounce/
https://www.xrpchat.com/topic/30042-epic-pennant-on-btc-chart/?do=findComment&comment=700994

Edited by Xrylite

It would be fine if he would report the source with it. But it almost looks like a randomized copy bot picking the top posts.

I like the content however, but read most of the on TV allready.

Finally got around to reading the Affirmation by Stuart Hoegner General Counsel for Bitfinex, Ifinex & Tether.  You can read it here .  https://www.scribd.com/document/408190972/Stuart-Hoegner-Affidavit-4-30  

Basically he says they have 74% liquid, but they also have other reserves that are basically just not liquid.  So the statement that Tether is only backed by 74% is not entirely true.   I think Tether is fine and again I think this is just the NYAG putting her nose into things she has no business in. 

Posted (edited)

@Eric123 hey , do you think XRP will go down or up in the next coming days/weeks?

I think BTC will up to 6-7k in the next few days , what about XRP? it seems to be stuck at 0.28-0.31$ , not sure if it ll go up 

But if BTC goes from 6.5K to 5K or lower , I'm sure XRP will go down with it.

Edited by Baka

26 minutes ago, Baka said:

@Eric123 hey , do you think XRP will go down or up in the next coming days/weeks?

I think BTC will up to 6-7k in the next few days , what about XRP? it seems to be stuck at 0.28-0.31$ , not sure if it ll go up 

But if BTC goes from 6.5K to 5K or lower , I'm sure XRP will go down with it.

When btc goes down, xrp follows. 

Xrp will go up only when is actually used. Fomo will not push it up. Be patient. Hodl...

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, JojoBelt said:

When btc goes down, xrp follows. 

Xrp will go up only when is actually used. Fomo will not push it up. Be patient. Hodl...

I'm patient and I hold , but I think price will go down in the next weeks , not up.

I hope I'm wrong ,if it goes down I'll buy some anyway :)

Edited by Baka

During the last crypto bull run XRP lagged so badly that many (if not most) of us were having pangs of jealousy and second-guessing our choice of XRP... I hope this time we know better and can have the patience to watch it catch up again. Obviously I think it will...

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, GiddyUp said:

During the last crypto bull run XRP lagged so badly that many (if not most) of us were having pangs of jealousy and second-guessing our choice of XRP... I hope this time we know better and can have the patience to watch it catch up again. Obviously I think it will...

but do you think a bull run like end 2017 is possible ? which was a x15 price in 20 days

Edited by Baka

@Baka day to day is hard to tell  but honestly I don't see XRP falling below  .28.  I'd be averaging in buying a little everyday, like I said before anything below .40 is a good price, for long term.  

If I was gonna trade XRP  I'd have buys at .28 and sells at .31,  as it seems to be bouncing in that range.