Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

Capitulation.. These forums are dead now days, and seem to be even more quiet then usual recently. Even the trolls are starting to disappear since there is no one left to bicker with. I have a feeling a lot of people sold more recently with the intention of buying back lower, which hasn't happened so far, or just wanted to leave this space in general. I also miss @dr_ed, he contributed a lot.

Can't blame anyone though - its been a rough 2.5 years for those of us who started buying a few years back and/or didn't sell at ATH.

Thanks for the continued analysis as always Eric.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ramforinkas said:

Capitulation.. These forums are dead now days, and seem to be even more quiet then usual recently. Even the trolls are starting to disappear since there is no one left to bicker with. I have a feeling a lot of people sold more recently with the intention of buying back lower, which hasn't happened so far, or just wanted to leave this space in general. I also miss @dr_ed, he contributed a lot.

Can't blame anyone though - its been a rough 2.5 years for those of us who started buying a few years back and/or didn't sell at ATH.

I agree. Many people got wrecked from panic buying, selling, and trading, and have since quieted down and/or left. It's easy to get excited and pull the trigger in this market at the wrong time.

I hope that everyone that has been missing and/or deleted their accounts did not get hurt too bad financially.

I appreciate Eric's perspective as well. It provides a nice summary into the recent and long term trends of the market which is great. It is also nice to see a view of possible outcomes in the near and short term.

With regards to the trolls and bickering, I think it is a nice break!! There is no need for the insulting back and forth, it adds nothing to the discussion and just adds stress to a market that is already stressful.

Whenever the next bull market starts up, all of the people (good and bad) will be back!

Edited by AlejoMoreno
4 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

With regards to the trolls and bickering, I think it is a nice break!! There is no need for the insulting back and forth, it adds nothing to the discussion and just adds stress to a market that is already stressful.

I agree 100%.  I love reading opinions from both sides of the spectrum, but more recently it seemed to be just unintelligent bicker and insults being thrown around.

22 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

I agree. Many people got wrecked from panic buying, selling, and trading, and have since quieted down and/or left. It's easy to get excited and pull the trigger in this market at the wrong time.

I hope that everyone that has been missing and/or deleted their accounts did not get hurt too bad financially.

I appreciate Eric's perspective as well. It provides a nice summary into the recent and long term trends of the market which is great. It is also nice to see a view of possible outcomes in the near and short term.

Whenever the next bull market starts up, all of the people (good and bad) will be back!

I don't necessarily think the same people will be back. But there will be a whole new crowd of people looking to get rich quick. When headlines start coming out that crypto is a hot asset class again, FOMO will kick in. It will happen again, just like the sun will rise again tomorrow.

Posted (edited)

@Eric123 Value your regular contribution’s So thanks, please continue. i don’t contribute much to these threads, but read them avidly.

I also miss those posts of @dr_ed, and asked where he had disappeared too a few months back. Lastly @Molten is also sorely missed.

We have been depleted on here of serious contributions and I guess that it is understandable that enthusiasm has wilted as we have endured this long bear market.

Edited by WarChest
57 minutes ago, Neurotoxin said:

Didn’t ed sell and leave? Pretty sure he had mentioned that. 

News to me.  That’s a bummer if so.  Hope he didn’t and that he still is in if a moon happens.  I know he went heavily into VET so maybe he did change horses.

(Instead of standing astride them as they diverge crossing the stream...  what could possible go wrong?   :) )

Breaking through the Big Daddy Down Trend Line.  I though it would take until tomorrow to get a close above the trend line (and it still might) We are looking for a close above $9,376 on big volume. Breaking this line gets Bitcoin out of a Downtrend that has lasted since December 17, 2017 (the all Time High).    

Hash rate is second all time highest.

50/100 Day EMA golden cross is happening tonight at 8 US Eastern Time.

Halving is happening Tuesday at around 8 pm Eastern US Time.

5 7 2020.png

On 5/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Ramforinkas said:

I agree that we saw capitulation via a black swan event.  I sold on the way down and bought as it started to rise barely breaking even.

What I still don't totally get is who is buying $BTC during this rally.  

I'm of the opinion that whales are manipulating this market up and up to support their own narrative that $BTC is a safe haven during times like this.  It's the perfect time to make the case for $BTC if you believe it's not speculative (which I don't).

I also agree this has been a rough 2.5-3 years for those of us that entered during that time frame.  For me personally it's been a thorn in my side and distraction even though I didn't invest a ton of money.

I do appreciate the insight here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.