Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

6 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Well said. 

That is the truth. We hope that all the progress will translate into monetary rise of xrp, but we dont know. Maybe not. 

Btc and other trash in the meantime just rise and make speculators rich. 

I dont care about ripple, xrp or progress and maybe potential shit, in the end, we all care bout "real"  money. 

I would think that XRP inevitably has to rise at some point if it truely gets used for settlement for a significant part of what is now being done by SWIFT.

You could interpret Ripple's stance in mutiple ways based on what everyone has been saying:

A. Ripple has an incentive to continue to increase they XRP price since they hold so much of it and will likely always sell it OTC

B. Ripple has an incentive to continue to increase the XRP price because it makes their balance sheet look great and will indirectly feed into better financial statements and thus better share price (in theory)

C. Ripple, upon going IPO, will no longer care about the price of XRP because they will no longer need it as a source of funding for growth

D. Ripple already is not worried about the price because, supposedly, ODL is already able to function at current levels

E. Ripple will continue to care about the price of XRP because ODL, even though it works now, will function better as price continue to go up.

I hear people arguing over all these points above, so all we can do is wait.

Most of us are upset because of the poor price performance and are just arguing with each other trying to defend what we think the cause is or is not.

• Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

20 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

That is where we are different. Investment is not about playing with money, it is about assessing potential and supporting it with an expectation to make goo profits.

I even agree with you, but XRP is another level riskier than e.g. a risky security.

You are not only investing in a completely new asset class, but also in a usecase that did not exist before and which is attacked by thousands of sites (security or not, Swift gpi, cbdc, technical development (quantum computer) etc.).

Classical evaluation standards are too one-dimensional here, which in the end only means that you play just like everyone else.

Nobody, really nobody knows where the journey with XRP is going. Maybe in the end the LightningNetwork will prevail? Or Stellar or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

I even agree with you, but XRP is another level riskier than e.g. a risky security.

You are not only investing in a completely new asset class, but also in a usecase that did not exist before and which is attacked by thousands of sites (security or not, Swift gpi, cbdc, technical development (quantum computer) etc.).

Classical evaluation standards are too one-dimensional here, which in the end only means that you play just like everyone else.

Nobody, really nobody knows where the journey with XRP is going. Maybe in the end the LightningNetwork will prevail? Or Stellar or whatever.

I have been watching this for two year no stop looking for the black swan to swim in and spoil the part - the securities issue is the closest they have come.

atomic settlement, two way messaging and ODL on the ILP / XRPL is simply the most elegant, cost effective, secure, capital releasing option there is.  It is now started and being presented at the highest levels to all sectors of the financial industries.  No stopping this tech gaining a significant section of the market.

Edited by Julian_Williams
10 hours ago, Kiwi said:

Haha, even you have wrote few times that you are shocked ripple is doing it. Back in time when chicken and robot called them out.

Actually I think that is incorrect.  I don’t recall ever being shocked at Ripple sales.   I could be wrong and if so will apologise...  but I think my views have been consistently that Ripple sales are not, and never were, a problem.  I can recall arguing (logical arguing, not fighting) with the chicken and robot about it.

10 hours ago, Kiwi said:

If selling few billions on the open market through out the year is not duming I do not know what is.

That is a mischaracterisation of the sales.  And the proof is in the pudding...  they stopped...    but the lamentable price behaviour continued.

Not recognising that fact is a classic case of Cognitive Bias (Wikipedia)

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

That is a mischaracterisation of the sales.  And the proof is in the pudding...  they stopped...    but the lamentable price behaviour continued.

Not recognising that fact is a classic case of Cognitive Bias (Wikipedia)

The pudding is either spoiled, or it’s butterscotch putting that nobody should be eating.

I suspect something else has always been afoot with XRP. It’s odd how XRP goes from being stuck in mud for a major portion of the 2017 bull run to the “Best Performing Asset in 2017” to now being terrible again. 

Who knows, maybe Ripple or some entity in Asia (SBI?) influenced the price in 2017 somehow. I don’t have anything tangible to prove or disprove that of course.

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

The pudding is either spoiled, or it’s butterscotch putting that nobody should be eating.

I suspect something else has always been afoot with XRP. It’s odd how XRP goes from being stuck in mud for a major portion of the 2017 bull run to the “Best Performing Asset in 2017” to now being terrible again. 

Who knows, maybe Ripple or some entity in Asia (SBI?) influenced the price in 2017 somehow. I don’t have anything tangible to prove or disprove that of course.

This is a good thread as to why the price remains stagnant

The 50 Day EMA has crossed the 100 Day EMA as expected at a price right around - let's call it $9,200 the last time this happened prior to the halving the price it was October 20, 2015 and the price was $270.  The price then appreciated 73x over the next two years.  If it plays out the same as last time (not saying it will) Bitcoin will go on a 2 year bull run topping out at $671,600.

1 29 2020.png

32 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

If it plays out the same as last time (not saying it will) Bitcoin will go on a 2 year bull run topping out at $671,600.

Not fast enough or high enough for Mr Macafee to save his appendage.  :) 

EDIT.   Or has that deadline already past?   I forget.  I’m sure he will or did back out though.   :JC_doubleup:

Edited by Guest
18 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Not fast enough or high enough for Mr Macafee to save his appendage.  :) 

Your right, in case you didn't see, sorry if you did, McAfee already reneged on that. He said he was full of shit when he said that and was only trying to get newbies to buy into btc. He now says btc is a shitcoin and is hawking a altcoin, I forget which one off the top of my head. Monero or something like that I don't to much attention to him,makes for some amusement reading when passing time

Edited by BravoTango
9 hours ago, BravoTango said:

Your right, in case you didn't see, sorry if you did, McAfee already reneged on that. He said he was full of shit when he said that and was only trying to get newbies to buy into btc. He now says btc is a shitcoin and is hawking a altcoin, I forget which one off the top of my head. Monero or something like that I don't to much attention to him,makes for some amusement reading when passing time

:biggrin: I Follow him on twitter just for giggles, he's whacko.

BTC maxis ain't happy with the stuff he's been saying about their shitcoin,