Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

On 1/26/2020 at 1:09 PM, Eric123 said:

@tony71 I see no evidence for that.  Ripple has been reporting their sales of XRP, and has a schedule for how the escrow is released.  That would involve some secret transfer which sounds more like a conspiracy theory that the guy on Youtube that calls himself The Bearable Bull would say.  I don't consider the Bearable Bull to be reliable.

@melushell Ripple cannot unilaterally control the classification of XRP by having an IPO.

@DannyRipple Honestly in regards to the sales and classification of XRP - what has done has been done.  I don't think Ripple's future behavior can retroactively change the classification of XRP. Is it possible that it was a security and is now a commodity???

Bearable Bull is embarrassment to the community.  I consider his opinions as BS.  I just think Ripple must have those XRPs in escrows for something and I do not believe the reason they are going public is because they are losing confidence in XRP,  heck they even shelled out $50 million to moneygram to have them start using it just to prove their concept works.

I believe the IPO has to happen to satisfy SEC, either the SEC told them to do it or they are trying to force SEC to regulate.  Kind of like a checkmate

Edited by tony71
6 hours ago, Baka said:

you traded all your XRP for BTC?

Yes, the IPO is the killer for me. I don't want to be in a Netflix documentary once Ripple does a huge IPO, gets tens of billions, bigwigs exit the company with golden parachutes and the profit-motivated company sh*ts on XRP. Even the Q4 report was only like two paragraphs long. Do they give a damn? Oh well, having multiple bitcoin I sleep better at night than being a 1%'ter of XRP.

Edited by baobeiiiii
36 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Two to three more days before we get the 50/100 EMA golden cross.  A lot of people have their eyes focused on $9,200 and the 200 Day SMA (which I added here).  I think this crossing is more significant. 

1 28 2020.png

Rhanks for the updates Eric. On a pure technical level, how does XRP look right about now? Any insight on that?

54 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

Yes, the IPO is the killer for me. I don't want to be in a Netflix documentary once Ripple does a huge IPO, gets tens of billions, bigwigs exit the company with golden parachutes and the profit-motivated company sh*ts on XRP. Even the Q4 report was only like two paragraphs long. Do they give a damn? Oh well, having multiple bitcoin I sleep better at night than being a 1%'ter of XRP.

I completely respect your decision in doing that, but would you mind explaining the rationale behind your statement?

Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, Microsoft and others all did an IPO and were successful, and are all dominant giants in their respective fields today. Not only that, take a look at Amazon, Facebook and Microsoft – all have their founders still at the helm of the firm (I take Steve Jobs would still be, if he were alive) with a clear vision that has evolved further over the years.

Every company is profit motivated, so why would anyone (a founder or a shareholder) want to hurt the price of their biggest asset, which is in Ripple’s case XRP? Let’s be honest, the largest part of Ripple’s valuation today IS the XRP supply they hold. If the company owners said or even hinted at something like “you know what, let’s forget about XRP from now on”, it would directly hurt the price of their stock, short term and long term.

It’s like owning nearly half of all the cars in the world (this being where most of your company’s valuation comes from) and then saying “you know what everyone, we think horses work better than cars so we’ll stop building the infrastructure and let the cars rot in the parking lot until they are worthless, we don't care about them anymore”. Wouldn’t you, as an owner or a shareholder of the company, want the cars to start being used as soon as possible, so they are worth more? Maybe not the best metaphor, but I would still like to hear a valid explanation for your statement “the profit-motivated company sh*ts on XRP”. To me, that’s a completely contradictory statement.

20 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

I wish I could interpret something from the XRP chart. 

No worries, we'll probably just roam around these price points until profits flow back from BTC's rise to alts again. It's slowly happening with some alts, but I'd like to see at least ETH XRP and LTC double in value before we can even think of an 'alt season' comeback.

After the consolidation I am expecting price to continue to the upside to complete the first major cycle top (there are usually two majors per cycle).

Cycles12820.thumb.png.bae57daf15ea74773bb3fba82be62e3f.png

Also of interest :

1. All MA's are pointing up.

2. Red and green envelopes are pointing up (blue is flat, close to turning up).

3. Price is above both upward trend lines.

4. Price is below FLD which if significant suggests a downtrend. On this occasion, I think it will return above the FLD and confirm the uptrend.

5. Price-sma delta Indicator shows a relatively strong impulse.

57 minutes ago, QWE said:

Every company is profit motivated, so why would anyone (a founder or a shareholder) want to hurt the price of their biggest asset, which is in Ripple’s case XRP?

Devil's advocate; What if you were unsure this XRP thing had a future (who knows, maybe due to some kind of upcoming regulation.) If your biggest asset could at sometime decrease greatly and rapidly, but you still have a successful business model for building fintech tools (messaging, ILP bridges, ect...), wouldn't you consider not relying on the XRP and look for stable investment money instead?

19 minutes ago, Zerpple said:

Devil's advocate; What if you were unsure this XRP thing had a future (who knows, maybe due to some kind of upcoming regulation.) If your biggest asset could at sometime decrease greatly and rapidly, but you still have a successful business model for building fintech tools (messaging, ILP bridges, ect...), wouldn't you consider not relying on the XRP and look for stable investment money instead?

This 100% is my thinking too. This is an exit scam of XRP by Ripple; they are doing an IPO ASAP to get that investment money. Employees and the top brass who will profit hugely from an IPO will also be ready to jump ship entirely. I also think that when XRP tanks to zero, Ripple will use some other asset to power ODL, unless they are content with just being a hugely rich fintech tool business.

The only winners are the people who are accredited investors who own Ripple stock, and those in upper management who likewise own stock. Honestly people, you have to reallllyyyyyy dig hard to find any positive from this IPO news. Way too much faith is needed and I want to make money.

Edited by baobeiiiii