Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

4 hours ago, QWE said:

This means that in the following months, Ripple (by far the largest XRP holder) will basically stop their XRP sales, while BTC miners will continue to cash out about 300 million USD per month, because they still have to pay the bills. With this fact in mind, doesn’t XRP seem like a better investment, speaking purely supply/demand wise?

There is a lot more volume and demand for Bitcoin so the market can easily absorb that.

The problem with XRP is that there are many more sellers than buyers now.

I also believe Bitcoin is manipulated faithfully, for lack of better term, to keep the cycle in check. That’s why we’ve had a couple of instances where Bitcoin moved $1,000 up or down almost instantly.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

14 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

Bitcoin is breaking the recent downtrend and the the bollinger bands are flattening out.  

@Palerider yeah the Ripple IPO has me concerned about XRP - if Ripple thought XRP would have a high stable price they wouldn't need the funding an IPO would bring.

https://coil.com/p/Hodor/Scenario-Ripple-Goes-Public/3vhbFKIWB

I am not concerned.  For the last two years XRP has been at the centre of Ripple Labs strategy.  IMO an IPO will accelerate the adoption of ODL. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

@Julian_Williams Yeah that article really did more to increase my concern.  The author of the article Hodor (who I consider to be a fanboy of Ripple and XRP and therefore not an objective source) projects that Ripple could obtain $5 billion in funding, from an IPO.

Again Ripple was able to sell $400,000,000 of XRP this year, in a bear market, with XRP at a price of around .40 to .20.  So If XRP's price would obtain $4 to $2 it is conceivable that Ripple would be able to Sell about $4,000,000,000 of XRP in a year, and that is without giving up any equity.  

Therefore it makes me think Ripple does not believe XRP can reach $2-$4, and if they do believe XRP could reach that price, why have the IPO to raise a measly $5 billion on a one shot deal while giving up equity when they could get nearly as much in one year selling XRP.

On 1/26/2020 at 12:52 PM, Eric123 said:

@Julian_Williams Yeah that article really did more to increase my concern.  The author of the article Hodor (who I consider to be a fanboy of Ripple and XRP and therefore not an objective source) projects that Ripple could obtain $5 billion in funding, from an IPO.

Again Ripple was able to sell $400,000,000 of XRP this year, in a bear market, with XRP at a price of around .40 to .20.  So If XRP's price would obtain $4 to $2 it is conceivable that Ripple would be able to Sell about $4,000,000,000 of XRP in a year, and that is without giving up any equity.  

Therefore it makes me think Ripple does not believe XRP can reach $2-$4, and if they do believe XRP could reach that price, why have the IPO to raise a measly $5 billion on a one shot deal while giving up equity when they could get nearly as much in one year selling XRP.

What if the xrp in escrow now belongs to an institution and Ripple can’t tap into it anymore  and they need the cash so they go public. 

Edited by tony71

I honestly don't understand why people strongly belive that ripple is doing an IPO just to get money. This is a massive strategic step to clear XRP once and for all from the security bullschait. Only than it can truly start being used as a container for transferring the world's value. 

Edited by melushell
Spelling error

@Eric123, I appreciate your input, including that of bitcoin, but I think there is a lot more to the story than you’re speculating. XRP has already been more than $3.00 so I’m pretty sure Ripple believes it can get there and beyond. We are finally getting to the point where United States regulators are taking some steps to define various cryptos as securities, commodities, etc... and I would bet Ripple has had to alter their course if they want XRP to not be considered purely a security. This is why I believe we are seeing sales of XRP being curbed will eventually see an IPO so they can raise a lot of money without just selling XRP.  What happens to all of that escrowed XRP is anybody’s guess. Either way, we’re at the very beginning of utility and continued growth is more than likely to be parabolic.

Edited by DannyRipple

@tony71 I see no evidence for that.  Ripple has been reporting their sales of XRP, and has a schedule for how the escrow is released.  That would involve some secret transfer which sounds more like a conspiracy theory that the guy on Youtube that calls himself The Bearable Bull would say.  I don't consider the Bearable Bull to be reliable.

@melushell Ripple cannot unilaterally control the classification of XRP by having an IPO.

@DannyRipple Honestly in regards to the sales and classification of XRP - what has done has been done.  I don't think Ripple's future behavior can retroactively change the classification of XRP. Is it possible that it was a security and is now a commodity???

Edited by Eric123
26 minutes ago, melushell said:

I honestly don't understand why people strongly belive that ripple is doing an IPO to just to get money. This is a massive strategic step to clear XRP once and for all from the security bullschait. Only than it can truly start being used as a container for transferring the world's value. 

This point is further underscored by this:

The Governor of France's Central Bank said Digital Currencies can be useful but Central Banks should be in charge of it, not private companies He said Central Banks are in between experiments on Digital Money & it's being studied by Europe's Central Banks. 
https://t.co/3CffB9KLwv?amp=1

How ANYONE can think that the World's banks and other FIs would entrust their dependance on new services to an opaque and private US company must be smoking some good shit mon.

18 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

@tony71 I see no evidence for that.  Ripple has been reporting their sales of XRP, and has a schedule for how the escrow is released.  That involve some secret transfer which sounds more like a conspiracy theory that the guy on Youtube that calls himself The Bearable Bull would say.  I don't consider the Bearable Bull to be reliable.

@melushell Ripple cannot unilaterally control the classification of XRP by having an IPO.

@DannyRipple Honestly in regards to the sales and classification of XRP - what has done has been done.  I don't think Ripple's future behavior can retroactively change the classification of XRP. Is it possible that it was a security and is now a commodity???

I am confused by the thinking that an IPO is a bad thing for XRP. 
As I understand it, XRP must be a certain  (higher than now)price in order for It to fullfill it’s purpose of being a bridge currancy for billions of $transactions per day?
An IPO doesn’t change that fact surely? All it means is that proper, more credible, business types will run Ripple.

I don't think it is immediately clear either way how an IPO would affect XRP status.  I do think that, in order to register and qualify as a publicly traded company, the status of XRP would need to be clarified for the purposes of valuation and regulation.  So, if Ripple does IPO, the one thing we can take for near-certainty is that we will get clarity on how the US government views XRP.  Beyond this is anyone's guess.  I don't think that Ripple going public would necessarily be a negative for XRP and could very well be a positive.  At the very least, one would think it would decrease Ripple's need to sell further XRP for funding.  

29 minutes ago, Molten said:

Beyond this is anyone's guess.  I don't think that Ripple going public would necessarily be a negative for XRP and could very well be a positive.  At the very least, one would think it would decrease Ripple's need to sell further XRP for funding.  

Hopefully some interviewer with a brain asks Brad this very question.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:27 PM, Molten said:

Thoughtful comments from @Eric123.  I must admit that the actions of Ripple, combined with the stagnant price action of XRP, have me cautious of buying any more XRP.  I am not selling, mind you, but any new money that I am allocating into crypto is going into other projects, mainly as I build up BTC.  I will reiterate that I am not necessarily bearish on XRP but I am to the point where it needs to show me something to prove its viability before I consider investing anything more into it.

As for BTC (actually, XRP is showing a similar pattern too), this is a pretty convincing cup and handle formation.  For those that don't know, this is generally a bullish formation that coincides nicely with the bullish cross on the weekly MACD.

mXA4CvXb

True to form so far, we have turned up after the handle completed.  Nice start to the week, let's see where it goes from here.

MBKfTsFO