Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

Posted (edited)
On 1/2/2020 at 4:06 PM, jMusic said:

We'll see...I'm testing Hurst cycles and displaced MA's. Also learning about Gann octaves to see if they can contribute anything.

It appears that I will be way off with my forecast (green rectangle), however I believe I can see why and that the price level still has a good chance of being hit.

Cycles1720.thumb.png.a5c723463b794f70cda296e37e11f26a.png

The last cycle was significantly shorter than typical (by about a week). Although it looks like the usual pattern is being repeated (I have hand-drawn the rough cycle shape above the price action, though it's not to scale). The white line close to 8700 is the center octave/ mid-point and represents major S/R.

Again, take this with a pinch of salt, just putting it here for people to comment on, especially if they have experience with Hurst or Gann methodologies.

Edited by jMusic

Ive read gold stocks have gone up since this Iran stuff has been going down this last few days. Is bitcoin acting in a similar way as a result?

2 minutes ago, MaxMad said:

Ive read gold stocks have gone up since this Iran stuff has been going down this last few days. Is bitcoin acting in a similar way as a result?

It might be a driver. Gold spiked over $1600 today and has tapered back a bit at this hour. I am trying to decide whether to swing trade into BTC now...as much a hedge as anything else. I think it has a good chance of following gold. I do expect some kind of US retaliation against Iran. 

A hot war won't be good for most risk assets.

13 hours ago, MaxMad said:

I doubt it. You invest in gold for stability in uncertain times. Presently, BTC's stability and certainty is far less than the dollar or gold.