Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well guys for those of you that got in late 2017, this is what the beginning of a Bull Market feels like.  There will be ups and downs of course, but it will get much crazier with much higher valuatio

Just taking the time to say a huge thank you to you @Eric123. I have been reading this thread daily for a long time now. I don't often sign in to post something so this thank you and acknowledgment of

I was a bit bored, so I decided to analyse the reactions in the first 404(!) pages of this thread. In those 404 pages, 3938 comments received a reaction, and in total there were 11515 reactions g

Posted Images

10 hours ago, dr_ed said:

Not at this point. It doesn't seem like enough extra leverage to bother with.....maybe I'm not looking at it correctly.  

I was hoping we'd see some mainnet activity that makes the VeThor price spike again, to make it more worthwhile.

That makes sense too. Thanks for the feedback. I haven’t been paying attention to fluctuations in price with VTHO, something worth looking into.

BTCUSD looks set to make another run at the resistance zone above $7800.  MACD crossed bullish a few days ago and the chart looks pretty strong.  Until we break through the resistance band overhead, however, the trend remains bearish.  I am highly confident that we will break out of the falling wedge with gusto at some point before mid-April, just not so sure now is the time.

JsLqB7WN

V9YlA1jN

Just to clarify, I don't think we are going to break out of the wedge yet, or until January-February at the earliest.  I actually rather expect that we will get rejected hard at around $7800-8000 and I will be looking to purchase a full BTC when it hits around $6200 or below.  Then, I think, the fun begins.

XTZ looking bullish today.

VET too, but it needs to move by tomorrow or Monday or it will probably stall out and give some more  back.

XRP/USD is interesting. It looks like it made a double bottom and is perhaps in reversal mode. On XRP/BTC you can see the bottom, but that one appears to just be forming a new base.

1012875809_ScreenShot2019-12-07at11_34_46AM.thumb.png.d5ac6fc0765548acdb57ae737dc6c550.png

77504505_ScreenShot2019-12-07at11_39_33AM.thumb.png.a2dfdc340ac268417c70562240fa7fb3.png

I started buying XRP 13-14 months ago...should have waited. I'm not calling this a bottom after all the many fake-outs we've had, but it could be.

I will start rebuilding my stack again now. It could certainly go down, but I think we're at a good price point  to accumulate. imho

On 12/5/2019 at 1:47 PM, ripplewaytogo said:

Hubby will win the bet if I did......

Then don’t let him *win. Don’t guarantee a loss. You’ve come this far...

Think about how you will feel in the future if you cash out now and XRP goes to your break even point and or rolls right on beyond. Conversely think about how you will feel if you continue to hold and this effort fails. 
In which scenario will you feel worse?  
Which scenario feels more likely to you?

Not investment advice; questions about which scenario makes you feel worse.

A certain loss of ~60%, a potential for 100% loss or a potential to recover 100% or more. Nobody in this forum has a crystal ball that works. But a look around at the developments in this space and the momentum going forward.

The reason most investors fail is because they’re incredibly impatient. If I’d invested $1K in Amazon during its IPO in May 1997, it would’ve been worth $1.36M as of September 2018. And if I had been in “AmazonChat” all that time I would have been told a million times that I was stupid for holding on.

*I don’t see this as a win from his perspective or from yours.

14 minutes ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

Then don’t let him *win. Don’t guarantee a loss. You’ve come this far...

Think about how you will feel in the future if you cash out now and XRP goes to your break even point and or rolls right on beyond. Conversely think about how you will feel if you continue to hold and this effort fails. 
In which scenario will you feel worse?  
Which scenario feels more likely to you?

Not investment advice; questions about which scenario makes you feel worse.

A certain loss of ~60%, a potential for 100% loss or a potential to recover 100% or more. Nobody in this forum has a crystal ball that works. But a look around at the developments in this space and the momentum going forward.

The reason most investors fail is because they’re incredibly impatient. If I’d invested $1K in Amazon during its IPO in May 1997, it would’ve been worth $1.36M as of September 2018. And if I had been in “AmazonChat” all that time I would have been told a million times that I was stupid for holding on.

*I don’t see this as a win from his perspective or from yours.

What's wrong with a bit of risk management? My position is 50% fiat 50% XRP atm. If it goes up, oh well, the remaining XRP is worth more. If it goes down, end up with more XRP once buy back in. 

It is fascinating to watch capitulation at the bottom happen in real time.  A lot of people are selling right now because all of the "smart" people know that prices are going to go down further.  In my estimation, these people are selling at the literal worst time and will be the ones to buy back in at a higher price when they are more "certain" that the bear trend is over.   Translated succinctly: they are selling low and will be buying higher. 

I am more bullish now than I have been in some time, mainly because no one else shares my view currently.  It was the same when the S&P bottomed out in 2008/2009.  It was the same after the dot com bust.  It was the same after the Tulip Bulb bub.... wait, forget that last one :)

Anyway, I think if there is any more downside to XRP, it is probably down to the resistance zone of $0.18-$0.19 at most.  So, the downside risk is minimal in that scenario.  The upside risk, especially if you have held this thing all the way down, is massive.  Just my opinion, of course.  As always, we will see how it ages over time.

Edited by Guest
43 minutes ago, rippledude said:

Any thoughts on vet's potential price?

Shorter term my sights are set on 10-11 cents. I based this on history from other coins in the supply chain space. Just something to get a more reasonable yardstick...it is just a guesstimate. I think we could conceivable get there pretty quick. Longer term many of us hope for a buck. It is a high supply coin, and these pie-in-the-sky guesses are crazy, some of them. But I could see it getting to a dollar.

2 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Shorter term my sights are set on 10-11 cents. I based this on history from other coins in the supply chain space. Just something to get a more reasonable yardstick...it is just a guesstimate. I think we could conceivable get there pretty quick. Longer term many of us hope for a buck. It is a high supply coin, and these pie-in-the-sky guesses are crazy, some of them. But I could see it getting to a dollar.

Man... I hope you're right on that one.  I'm looking to see if we can reclaim one penny first :)

1 minute ago, Roaring_Twenties said:

You’re not alone. We’re probably in the minority though. 

I agree that given the accumulation we can see is ongoing during the capitulation phase, I think there is reason to be bullish longer term. I am trying to stay agnostic on the timing, since every time I thought we bottomed so far, I was wrong.....but it does feel like a bottom to me here. We might bounce off the bottom for a good long spell, though....if history repeats. But it might not. I still look for a hard reversal at some point. If you have reduced a lot, as I have, you need to stay pretty vigilant.

At this point I am re-accumultaing for maybe the third time in a year? Something like that.

And I have some other coin on CB Classic I can do a quick swing trade with, if it looks like the thing to do.

Go long and forget about it, if you don't need the money. Try to hedge and preserve capital if  you can't afford to lose a lot of fiat value over the short term.

Both those sound like reasonable strategies to me. What I don't think is smart, is just to assume XRP is toast. It isn't. Got to watch it closely.

A lot of people on the vet forums say vet can do what xrp did.  Then when you bring up all the good news about xrp and the potential it has you get a lot of push back. Many  people cannot see more than one coin going up and becoming useful. I see great potential for many and look forward to a coin's intrinsic value reflecting on its price.  Vet has mojo right now.  

Edited by rippledude