Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

Its irritating seeing others buying XRP for less than I paid, but otherwise these prices are meaningless to a long term investor like myself.  As the market matures buyers will come in and suck up the excess stock.

I think SBI will stoke up demand in the Japanese market, and utility will begin to have some impact in 2020.  Huge gains will come after we recieve a lot more media attention focused on the revolutionary properties of the IoV and digital cash. 

2 hours ago, Milly238 said:

This is good piece of advice and should be stickied or bolded or whatever. There is a ton of doom and gloom right now and that is exactly what the market needs before a next bull run can start.  It seems like everytime this forum goes super negative and doom from 90% of people things start happening lol. 

edit:  the other side to the story is a lot of people are beginning to question if there will be another bull run since everyone is/was expecting another bull run  is it that easy ?

Another 4-year bull cycle may or may not happen again. It happened in the past because it was unexpected and the algos brought a shit load of fiats to the whales. If the retailers expect it and continue to put fiat in, it'll delay the process if it ever happens again. The market is a lot more volatile than last cycle because more exchanges open for fiat entry. When whales see the money, they wouldn't wait until a big run to grab it. They have way more (bit)coins than they can sell, at least in the short term.

Retailers see the buy/sell orders appear/disappear constantly, some wash trading, some simply pulled/added. Whales see how much real money is sitting on the sideline waiting for entry, stop-losses, stop-profit, trigger-buy orders, etc. Exchanges themselves being a major part of it, some can believe. Whales and retailers get asymmetry information in the market, i.e. whales know the info that retailers are difficult to get if they try. Also the price on/off switch is in the hands of whales. Oh not to mention, if the price goes on a parabolic run, the exchanges could log you out preventing you from buying or selling for "technical" reasons. So in an unfortunate phrase, whales are the preyer and retailers are the prey. It is a perfect slaughter field and the whales always win. As a whole, that is.

Edited by MQB

Also have any of you seen this?  Only 2 other times it’s happened so it’s not a ton of data but maybe something to look at:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CryptoCowJones/status/1195489397480669184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-37100845001096345735.ampproject.net%2F1911070201440%2Fframe.html

edit:  also theee is supposed to be 4% difficulty added to bitcoin on November 21st

Edited by Milly238

1 minute ago, Milly238 said:

Also have any of you seen this?  Only 2 other times it’s happened so it’s not a ton of data but maybe something to look at:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CryptoCowJones/status/1195489397480669184?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-37100845001096345735.ampproject.net%2F1911070201440%2Fframe.html

New to me, but thanks for sharing that.

What will reallydrive BTC and alts higher is when mainstream investors buy in. It's being deliberately delayed imho, by the big banks, who always get what they want. But lots of things are going on. It isn't NOT going to happen. It will happen. 

9 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

New to me, but thanks for sharing that.

What will reallydrive BTC and alts higher is when mainstream investors buy in. It's being deliberately delayed imho, by the big banks, who always get what they want. But lots of things are going on. It isn't NOT going to happen. It will happen. 

I still find it to be a sad conclusion that BTC has to grow to make the rest grow by attracting investors wanting to buy BTC for a dollar more then the previous buyer.

When you scan through news articles on for example Tradingview/coindesk/cointelegraph, all you read about BTC is what it's doing on a chart, what analysts say and it's price might do this or might do that. No progress, nothing at all… for years now. When you see something about XRP 8/10 are articles about real world progress, deals with companies, tech updates etc.

I had hope 2019 would bring some more divergence in fundamentals vs blind speculation, but so far the market is kept as dumb as possible to offload BTCs. On the other hand, I think it was Buffet who said it's best to get into position in fundamental investments as long as the market is still irrational and clouded and competition is still focusing on everything at once.

Well, on to 2020!

15 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I still find it to be a sad conclusion that BTC has to grow to make the rest grow by attracting investors wanting to buy BTC for a dollar more then the previous buyer.

When you scan through news articles on for example Tradingview/coindesk/cointelegraph, all you read about BTC is what it's doing on a chart, what analysts say and it's price might do this or might do that. No progress, nothing at all… for years now. When you see something about XRP 8/10 are articles about real world progress, deals with companies, tech updates etc.

I had hope 2019 would bring some more divergence in fundamentals vs blind speculation, but so far the market is kept as dumb as possible to offload BTCs. On the other hand, I think it was Buffet who said it's best to get into position in fundamental investments as long as the market is still irrational and clouded and competition is still focusing on everything at once.

Well, on to 2020!

Agree. It is what it is. Patience is a virtue. I had hoped for some decent profits to take for 2019. Not much time left, but it could happen, I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Claddy said:

People in here have been adjusting trendlines for 318 pages.

Love the optimism though :bb:

People who bought BTC at 4K are still up a solid 2X for the year.

Those of us who bought XRP instead......about that same time when it was .30 (like me)........aren't quite so fortunate.

The trend off the December 2018 low for BTC is intact. No need at all to re-draw anything. I wish  the XRP chart was that easy to parse.

55 minutes ago, Claddy said:

People in here have been adjusting trendlines for 318 pages.

Love the optimism though :bb:

this comment really got me! 

what a great laugh, im sure i have a few posts in here that have gone to shit!