Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

Somehow, I'm still looking at it as a falling wedge with a significant break out volume, and recent drop is simply a re-test. I've made the line thinner to prove my point with another view. Maybe I'm bullish biased by default :D:D

The initial target for falling wedge is somewhere at 12.5k. Time will tell  :blink:

image.thumb.png.2fba812c71dc0dd131e604d67dba3eec.png

Edited by plinh

@Eric123 @Molten @dr_ed or others.

If I may ask do you have experience with using bots to execute your trading strategy 24/7? Currently looking at Gunbot which seems to have a nice community and is being actively developed. What I’dd like to know is what the typical return is if you use a bot like this with a conservative strategy in a bear market. Will it be significantly better (of course no guarantees) than e.g. the annual 7,3% in Bitrue’s Powerpiggy? 

Edited by ixarepe

8 minutes ago, ixarepe said:

@Eric123 @Molten @dr_ed or others.

If I may ask do you have experience with using bots to execute your trading strategy 24/7? Currently looking at Gunbot which seems to have a nice community and is being actively developed. What I’dd like to know is what the typical return is if you use a bot like this with a conservative strategy in a bear market. Will it be significantly better (of course no guarantees) than e.g. the annual 7,3% in Bitrue’s Powerpiggy? 

I have no experience there. Sorry.

10 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@ixarepe I considered using a trading bot but it seemed like the tax filings would be too voluminous.

8 hours ago, Molten said:

Same.  I don't trade, sorry I can't help.

I used to do a lot of trading and to manage the taxes, you can simply throw all of the data into a calculator (via an excel export from the exchange) and it will calculate everything for you. It literally takes you less than 30 minutes to calculate taxes for hundred of trades.

These calculators can even compile and workout all of your trades from various exchanges and condense everything down into a single report. It's super simple.

The website I use is: https://www.cryptotrader.tax

Zooming out on the Bitcoin Chart with Monthly and Weekly Views.  I think it's getting ready to break out of this downtrend channel we have been in since the end of June.  

Looking at the daily I'd guess we move sideways with little volatility while the bolliner bands flatten for about seven days before we break up.  

I think the guys calling for $6k are being a little too negative.

Bitcon Monthly.png

Bitcoin Weekly.png

Bitcoin Daily.png

1 hour ago, MQB said:

Although the timing was when BTC went up crazy and there's enough money flowing into Alts.

And now BTC is dry and lifeless.

BTC is going to surprise again to the upside. That's a pretty safe bet, in my view. No predictions on when, but I'm buying at these levels. 

5 hours ago, MQB said:

Although the timing was when BTC went up crazy and there's enough money flowing into Alts.

And now BTC is dry and lifeless.

Here are 3 instances of BTC being “dry and lifeless during the beginning of the last bull run. Each one of these spells lasted like 5-7 months.

It can be easy to let day to day emotion cloud the bigger picture. When that happens, I like to zoom out, and then zoom back in to moments in the past that probably felt pretty bleak as well. Obviously history won’t repeat itself exactly... but just offering some perspective.

EFD682BF-F996-4A7D-B411-EC424C2B699F.jpeg

7 hours ago, eggsarepeas said:

Here are 3 instances of BTC being “dry and lifeless during the beginning of the last bull run. Each one of these spells lasted like 5-7 months.

It can be easy to let day to day emotion cloud the bigger picture. When that happens, I like to zoom out, and then zoom back in to moments in the past that probably felt pretty bleak as well. Obviously history won’t repeat itself exactly... but just offering some perspective.

EFD682BF-F996-4A7D-B411-EC424C2B699F.jpeg

Did XRP go crazy during/immediately after those three periods?