Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

19 minutes ago, automatic said:

Wow, all three are also untethered exchanges which means that someone actually spent 100mil of fiat to enter crypto.  Crazy....but welcome!

With that kind of cash it makes one wonder if some kind of and ETF (hedge fund) found a way to get in before an ETF announcement/before regulation approval were made public. Or perhaps it is one overseas somewhere where regulation is ahead of the US. Of course, that really wouldn't make sense would it because these were all bought on exchanges. Hmmm.? Then again, where else would they buy them? Sorry, just thinking on the fly.

Edited by VanGogh

7 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

With that kind of cash it makes one wonder if some kind of and ETF (hedge fund) found a way to get in before an ETF announcement/before regulation approval were made public. Or perhaps it is one overseas somewhere where regulation is ahead of the US. 

Maybe, but that would be too obvious;  nothing says insider trading like a 100 mil infusion into a dormant asset prior to some major announcement. 

Regardless, whoever it was they certainly wanted to send a message by using AML/KYC exchanges and by entering with a big bang.  Whatever their motivations might be, their vote of confidence is certainly much appreciated!

1 hour ago, VanGogh said:

Bitcoin prices jumped 15.3 percent Tuesday morning after a large, anonymous buyer placed a $100 million order.

A single $100 million algorithmic order to buy bitcoin was spread across exchanges Coinbase, Kraken and Bitstamp. The orders were placed in increments of 7,000 BTC at a time and triggered a flurry of subsequent trading volume in the cryptocurrency markets.

https://www.benzinga.com/analyst-ratings/analyst-color/19/04/13468562/mysterious-bitcoin-buyer-sends-cryptocurrencies-soaring?utm_campaign=partner_feed&utm_source=marketwatch.com&utm_medium=web_click&utm_content=ticker_page&mod=mw_quote_news

$100 Million buy moved the whole Crypto Market $15 Billion -  a 150X move per dollar.  If someone wanted to buy $10 billion worth imagine what that would do - or if it would even be possible.  (and bare in mind Bezos has about $150 Billion himself and there are 2,208 billionaires in the world)     

Also looking at the supply - there have presently been 17,623,813 bitcoins mined, assuming about 2-3 million lost, there is about one bitcoin for every millionaire in the United States, (14,814,453 millionaires in the United States estimate)  and there are approximately another 21 million millionaires in the rest of the world (estimate).

So there is about .388 bitcoin available for every millionaire in the world.

Once demand picks up - we're looking at some crazy prices.   

chart.jpeg

I'd say that all this proves for the time being at least xrp is still well and truly tied to btc..people may not want to admit it but there we go..nice to see a rise of a couple of pence today but I won't be getting my knickers in a twist like some folk on here..chill out, deep breaths..don't be an emotional fool..be a robot

1 hour ago, automatic said:

Wow, all three are also untethered exchanges which means that someone actually spent 100mil of fiat to enter crypto.  Crazy....but welcome!

I wonder when we find out what they already know. Probably tomorrow. I'm such a cynic.

Very interesting action, to say the least. Given that BTC was trying for the third time to break out, and volume was kinda sucky, we should all be grateful I guess. The right move at the right time.

I wonder if they'll take profits? Not sure it matters now. The chart is looking pretty stellar, and I don't mean lumens.

38 minutes ago, Eric123 said:

$100 Million buy moved the whole Crypto Market $15 Billion -  a 150X move per dollar.  If someone wanted to buy $10 billion worth imagine what that would do - or if it would even be possible.  (and bare in mind Bezos has about $150 Billion himself and there are 2,208 billionaires in the world)     

Then extrapolate this to the idea that ETFs will become a reality this year, where hedge-funds can invest a percentage of the trillions they have at their disposal in the form of retirement funds.

2 hours ago, Eric123 said:

Also looking at the supply - there have presently been 17,623,813 bitcoins mined, assuming about 2-3 million lost, there is about one bitcoin for every millionaire in the United States, (14,814,453 millionaires in the United States estimate)  and there are approximately another 21 million millionaires in the rest of the world (estimate).

So there is about .388 bitcoin available for every millionaire in the world.

Once demand picks up - we're looking at some crazy prices.   

chart.jpeg

Speculative investment is often dismissed as dirty and unreliable.  Of course it causes bubbles but it is also incredibly potent.  So far the amount of speculative money invested in crypto is only the sharp edge of the tip of the iceberg.  This incident illustrates that relatively small amounts of speculative money can have very big effects in moving the markets, if these people really did begin to get involved...BANG!

In the long term Utility will drive prices of XRP up, before that happens the expectation of utility dirving up prices will bring speculators in. both are potent

Edited by Julian_Williams

For the entire crypto space to work moving forward, certainly more than one currency ( xrp) must be considered to have value. I do not believe it is either/ or re BTC/XRP. 

It’s seems this may have been a false move, a final blow off before the next correction. If u believe in time/price cycles, u know it’s time. Need to see what April/ May bring us. 

I like the write up but I’m pretty sure it’s more down to BTC breaking out and LTC has helped with halveing 

I’ll accept this as a bull market when we get over $1

i do think we may have broken the bear but a lot of sideways, down and ups before it goes mental again..... I would love to be wrong but I’ve been waiting long enough so what’s a few years longer 

I’ll keep buying cheap coins until it happens 

good luck to you all 

5 hours ago, VanGogh said:

With that kind of cash it makes one wonder if some kind of and ETF (hedge fund) found a way to get in before an ETF announcement/before regulation approval were made public.

"Wow. Andreessen Horowitz is registering their entire firm of 150 people as financial advisors in order to make bigger bets."

"Why? Well, venture capitalists have long traded a lack of Wall Street-style oversight for the promise that they invest mainly in new shares of private companies. It was a tradeoff firms gladly made—until the age of crypto, a type of high-risk investment the SEC says requires more oversight. So be it, says Andreessen Horowitz. By renouncing its venture capital status, it’ll be able to go deeper on riskier bets: If the firm wants to put $1 billion into cryptocurrency or tokens, or buy unlimited shares in public companies or from other investors, it can. And in doing so, the thinking goes, it’ll again make other firms feel like they have one hand tied behind their back."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkonrad/2019/04/02/andreessen-horowitz-is-blowing-up-the-venture-capital-model-again/#15c13d6f7d9f

My own thinking: If you had some high-dollar, exclusive clients and saw the writing on the wall that crypto is going to be huge, wouldn't you want to help them "get-in" before everyone else? If you did it on a private basis, as a new and separate entity from your brokerage wouldn't you avoid having to wait for regulations to approve an ETF? Imagine the FOMO in this scenario. These hedge-funds, they only cooperate for so long—they have to be trying to figure out how to beat each other to the market.