Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Just taking a critical eye for where I'd take further steps to protect my assets.......I'd probably raise a lot of cash if BTC were to drop below the trend line around 9350. We do have a double top in play and the potential for a breakdown is there, as much as I don't want to call it. I'm not horribly worried, but it bears watching.

May I ask, would you reckon XRP is a good buy today or is there more downside.

Edited by baobeiiiii

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, djdhrubs said:

As an investment or a trade? If as a trade, I'm not sure it's bottomed yet. Not far off last week's low either, where there'll be lots of liquidity waiting.

Investment medium term

Alts bouncing soon  imho

Current dip is just a short term pullback in an ongoing macro uptrend so ADA could be a nice diversification

Edited by TheXRPNinja

Posted (edited)

So....I have taken advantage of this weakness, which I think might be short term, to increase my XRP stake enough so that I can recoup my original investment and then some at any spike close to $2....and I will do that without flinching, if we were to be lucky enough to have a big move when the long "triangle of doom" completes. The flag we talked about for weeks is history, having  broken down, not up.

Is XRP a buy here? Yes, in my estimation it's a screaming buy, but it could dip lower VERY briefly. the momentum is turning up on the 3 hour chart and I think we are due for a reversal to the upside within 24 hours ----unless BTC tanks. So watch BTC for clues of more downside.

1912369660_ScreenShot2019-07-15at7_23_08AM.thumb.png.8c654612ced8b69a986d5cbe9479f6cb.png This chart shows signs of increasing strength, imho. However, the cloud indicator is still bearish. On the daily, you can see how really oversold XRP is right now, and that one says "bounce eminent" to me. See below.

971324208_ScreenShot2019-07-15at7_35_15AM.thumb.png.59f74f2dc4254a7766c78a11639cc9c4.png

Edited by dr_ed

There's also the reverse trading psychology in play. People tend to buy when the price is going up, and sell when it is going down. One should do the opposite, imho! Is there a word for that in psychology? 

1 minute ago, baobeiiiii said:

There's also the reverse trading psychology in play. People tend to buy when the price is going up, and sell when it is going down. One should do the opposite, imho! Is there a word for that in psychology? 

Catching a falling knife. Hehe.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, TheXRPNinja said:

If you buy now you will be very happy later

Off to bank to do a SEPA xfer, should be able buy tomorrow or at the latest Wednesday. So if in the meantime fudsters like Baka wish to depress the price with negativity, power to yall. 

Edited by baobeiiiii

31 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

Off to bank to do a SEPA xfer, should be able buy tomorrow or at the latest Wednesday. So if in the meantime fudsters like Baka wish to depress the price with negativity, power to yall. 

I don't think Baka is a Fudster, but he seems too emotionally attached to price fluctuations.

49 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

Over-emotional

30 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

Baka is not a FUDster at all. Just a guy trying to invest without a lot of cash to play with, and he's been hammered. I feel for him. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

So....I have taken advantage of this weakness, which I think might be short term, to increase my XRP stake enough so that I can recoup my original investment and then some at any spike close to $2....and I will do that without flinching, if we were to be lucky enough to have a big move when the long "triangle of doom" completes. The flag we talked about for weeks is history, having  broken down, not up.

Is XRP a buy here? Yes, in my estimation it's a screaming buy, but it could dip lower VERY briefly. the momentum is turning up on the 3 hour chart and I think we are due for a reversal to the upside within 24 hours ----unless BTC tanks. So watch BTC for clues of more downside.

This chart shows signs of increasing strength, imho. However, the cloud indicator is still bearish. On the daily, you can see how really oversold XRP is right now, and that one says "bounce eminent" to me. See below.

I would buy now if I had bought less at .40 - anyway a few months ago I bought loads at .30.  Not feeling gloomy but I am annoyed that since March 2018 Chris Larsen has been a whale that has been steadily soaking up a large chunk of the new investment coming into XRP.  I have always been OK with OTC programmatic sales and even Clover and Jed pulling out, I am not OK with the chairman of Ripple covertly controlling the market through whale activity.  He should have waited.  I think this has done huge damage to the reputation of Ripple and I hope that this bad publicity will cause them to stop their dishonest manipulation.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Posted (edited)

Keep your heads up these retracements are a regular occurrence - the last one being from June 21 to July 2.  I know the dips are terrifying for the newcomers but eventually they become just unsettling.  Owning bitcoin is kinda like having a bipolar girlfriend, don't know if the is gonna kiss you or try to plunge a knife in your chest.  Anyway the sky isn't falling and we will start moving up soon.

These dips are a great time to pick up ALTs cause as you can see when bitcoin gets hurt ALTs get destroyed.

@Molten yeah we might be close to the bottom but timing it perfectly is too risky in my opinion.  I'd rather not miss out myself and I bought some more XRP today

@tony71 Ehh I think there are a lot better buys right now than bitcoin, but if you feel you don't own enough BTC this is probably a good opportunity to get some. 

@TheXRPNinja  ADA looks like a good buy.  I'd agree it's probably a good time to initiate a position in ADA.

Big moves down are usually followed by big moves up.  Take advantage. 

Remember on Red days we buy.

7 15 19.png

Edited by Eric123