Jump to content
Eric123

Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, baobeiiiii said:

I'm not adept at technical analysis. What price would such a break out put us versus fiat? Cheers for your posts, highlight of this thread :)

I did that on purpose so you'd have to convert. lol. Good practice.      But how can I refuse after such effusive praise.

719844746_ScreenShot2019-07-07at1_38_21PM.thumb.png.3bfd814c499b2ff40cb4436532dcca73.png

ATH high was above $3....but interestingly, last fall looks less impressive in fiat, because BTC was also at a much lower level.  About  70 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2019 at 10:39 AM, dr_ed said:

I just bought some ETH here at 286 and change...... Just a slight add to a new position I'm trying to add to on weakness. We'll see how my timing works out. Not a trade, just another way to hedge my XRP stash until the Zerpening cometh.

1111970901_ScreenShot2019-07-02at10_29_52AM.thumb.png.0f97daafd7a31200636098f0cee0e647.png

Just reminding y'all I called ETH correctly last Tuesday....... I'd be selling today if I were a trader, though.

Edited by dr_ed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 7strings said:

I like you. Fed up with all the negativity here lately :D

Lol thanks. I'm really new here but I probably fall into the category of permabull. I don't trade daily just think it could be really rewarding long term.. flirted with bitcoin mining on a laptop in 2011 when the reward was about 2 weeks and 50 bitcoin.. then litecoin before the big rise. So being positive that lightening can strike 3 times as I've not made any money yet lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dr_ed said:

I did that on purpose so you'd have to convert. lol. Good practice.      But how can I refuse after such effusive praise.

719844746_ScreenShot2019-07-07at1_38_21PM.thumb.png.3bfd814c499b2ff40cb4436532dcca73.png

ATH high was above $3....but interestingly, last fall looks less impressive in fiat, because BTC was also at a much lower level.  About  70 cents.

If we cap at $3 again I may need to find a new hobby lol

Edited by XRPboi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

Just reminding y'all I called ETH correctly last Tuesday....... I'd be selling today if I were a trader, though.

Eth market cap is now twice XRP market cap.  At the start of this run it was 75-80% XRP market cap, so that is quite a turn around.

I have given up guessing what will happen when.  My only prediction is that one day XRP will be huge.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Eth market cap is now twice XRP market cap.  At the start of this run it was 75-80% XRP market cap, so that is quite a turn around.

I have given up guessing what will happen when.  My only prediction is that one day XRP will be huge.

 

XRP market cap is about the same though, given that the 'distributed XRP' number is BS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A small venture OT here. Please forgive me, but I think this is worth talking about.

 I am a long term hodlr of alts...and I don't much like it that US citizens are being shut out of much of the market. This does matter, imho, and it stands to hurt any coin that can't be traded for easily by US investors. Right now that is a short list, but it's going to get longer unless we see some US exchanges add a bunch of alt pairs very soon.

Bittrex is not shutting out US customers completely but they took 32 pairs off the board for us, which makes Bittrex (which was already not my favorite) just about completely useless.

This is bullish for XRP, and indeed for all the coins listed on Coinbase, including (imho) EOS, ZCash, 0x, ETC, LINK,BAT, XLM..not to mention it's huge for BTC and ETH.

My favorite fiat on-ramp, Uphold, is still taking my money, but they are very limited on alt choices too. They have BAT, BTG, and CRED.

I'm not trying to spread FUD here, but this should be on your radar if you are in the US and hold other alts, as I do.  FYI, fwiw. 

As of now the choices for buying and selling many alts from the a US is down to Bitrue and Oceanex and few others that permit trading without KYC/AML vetting....not many, and it could conceivably drop to even fewer. 

Hopefully this changes before Binance closes its doors to the US. I expect the US Binance presence to be limited until something major changes with regs. jmho.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

A small venture OT here. Please forgive me, but I think this is worth talking about.

 I am a long term hodlr of alts...and I don't much like it that US citizens are being shut out of much of the market. This does matter, imho, and it stands to hurt any coin that can't be traded for easily by US investors. Right now that is a short list, but it's going to get longer unless we see some US exchanges add a bunch of alt pairs very soon.

Bittrex is not shutting out US customers completely but they took 32 pairs off the board for us, which makes Bittrex (which was already not my favorite) just about completely useless.

This is bullish for XRP, and indeed for all the coins listed on Coinbase, including (imho) EOS, ZCash, 0x, ETC, LINK,BAT, XLM..not to mention it's huge for BTC and ETH.

My favorite fiat on-ramp, Uphold, is still taking my money, but they are very limited on alt choices too. They have BAT, BTG, and CRED.

I'm not trying to spread FUD here, but this should be on your radar if you are in the US and hold other alts, as I do.  FYI, fwiw. 

As of now the choices for buying and selling many alts from the a US is down to Bitrue and Oceanex and few others that permit trading without KYC/AML vetting....not many, and it could conceivably drop to even fewer. 

Hopefully this changes before Binance closes its doors to the US. I expect the US Binance presence to be limited until something major changes with regs. jmho.

 

It's not so easy for people in the UK either.. My bank asked me if I was under duress during my first SEPA xfer to an exchange (albeit, I was quite hungover and red-faced at the time) and another guy I know flat out had their xfer refused by their bank's fraud department. If it was easy to buy, then EVERYONE would be doing it.. by which point the profit margins are probably gone. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, baobeiiiii said:

It's not so easy for people in the UK either.. My bank asked me if I was under duress during my first SEPA xfer to an exchange (albeit, I was quite hungover and red-faced at the time) and another guy I know flat out had their xfer refused by their bank's fraud department. If it was easy to buy, then EVERYONE would be doing it.. by which point the profit margins are probably gone. 

Here it has gotten MUCH harder to buy alts over the last couple of months. And it might become close to impossible, which stands to impact prices in a meaningful negative way, imho.

I mean, I can hope it works out, or I can take profits now. These are the kind of choices I see for myself, personally. Just sharing my thought process, in hopes it might keep others from getting burned.

One coin I've been following for many months is FCT, which was recently voted one the top 100 blockchain companies in the world, and which is based in my home town. As far as I know, this one is now unbuyable by most US investors. It keeps falling, now at early 2017 prices. This happens to be a low supply coin, and now one of the best bargains in all of crypto, if you believe Messari.

849292157_ScreenShot2019-07-07at3_59_06PM.thumb.png.3681852fd6322be8f2c605821744847e.pngThose numbers are the Vladimir's Club number and BTC "normalized" price Do your own DD. The point is that this is a decent alt coin getting absolutely hammered because nobody in the US can buy it.

861670731_ScreenShot2019-07-07at3_53_23PM.thumb.png.4f249e1d7768bd4e93efac442c356136.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why would it become impossible for ppl in the USA to buy? Here in the UK it's basically a semi-humiliation but you can, if you really want to, xfer funds to any exchange. It's not illegal...

Also can't you just use a European-based exchange? Quite sure that Bitstamp accepts US customers. They will need KYC for withdrawal but so what? Nout illegal going on.

Edited by baobeiiiii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...