Epic Pennant on BTC Chart

1 hour ago, tony71 said:

Most are anticipating that BTC will reach its ATH before the halving since that has been the case in the past.  
2020 should be a good year.  2019 was the year of regulations which will extend into 2020.  

Sounds about right.  If bitcoin reacts in the same way to halving as it had in the past, then I would expect the price to hold or appreciate leading up to halving in May, then pull back during the summer months, then go on a strong run for the next 12-18 months.

44 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I'm looking for a way to increase my BTC here. I don't generally hodl it, but it sure looks like a good time to own some for what might be an extended swing trade.

Are you exchanging alts into BTC or just buy BTC with USD?

4 minutes ago, MQB said:

Are you exchanging alts into BTC or just buy BTC with USD?

I'm not reducing alts at this point. I'm not even buying BTC...yet. But I am looking for an entry. Either a pullback below 9K or a break out above the current resistance around 10K.

I will most likely try to establish a new position with fiat, but I am very long XRP and might shift a small piece of it into BTC if we get no SWELL pump.

32 minutes ago, dr_ed said:

I'm not reducing alts at this point. I'm not even buying BTC...yet. But I am looking for an entry. Either a pullback below 9K or a break out above the current resistance around 10K.

I will most likely try to establish a new position with fiat, but I am very long XRP and might shift a small piece of it into BTC if we get no SWELL pump.

So two years ago I took on working two jobs. One job is my main career, the second job was simply to generate extra money to buy crypto. I live off the bigger salary doing the standard retirement plan, and 100% of my second job goes to crypto purchasing. I sleep less, but I figured this was the least risky way to invest. I’m not losing a single dime of my already decent retirement plan. You gotta do what you gotta do. That being said, I’m in the same boat as you.....use some of my larger XRP bag to spread around in BTC or continue with new money and hold the accumulation plan? Sometimes It’s hard to know when you have enough crypto....is there such thing ? 

4 hours ago, automatic said:

Sounds about right.  If bitcoin reacts in the same way to halving as it had in the past, then I would expect the price to hold or appreciate leading up to halving in May, then pull back during the summer months, then go on a strong run for the next 12-18 months.

Exactly.  I think from end of 2020 to summer 2021 will be our time to shine.  

3 hours ago, dr_ed said:

I’m thinking of buying more btc after I sell this fixer upper.  So far most of my profits in flipping has gone into crypto. I could have stopped working and enjoy the profits but decided to work a little longer which is easy job and good salary and still flip homes and invest more into btc.  

You know the old saying “where there’s a will  there’s a way” :-)

3 hours ago, MQB said:

BTC up, drinking alts blood like wine.

Once again.

If you think Alts will go up with BTC at this stage, you're dillusional.

XRP is slurping the blood of BTC like a starving vampire.  It's actually shameful to watch... I feel bad for BTC maxis.