Sign in to follow this  
Asen4XRP

NEW USE CASE: Gaming projects involving XRP coming out this year. (Brad in Davos 2019)

On 1/23/2019 at 11:41 PM, LordVetinari said:

I'm not sure how feasible this idea is however, would it be possible to build a sports betting marketplace on the XRP ledger with an additional betting market that covers e-sports (given the growth in viewers for major e-sports championships such as League of Legends)? Ideally, this type of platform would allow for bets to take place using any fiat/crypto/IOU on the XRP ledger but value would transfer and be settled in XRP thereby boosting XRP's liquidity?

Codius and ILP would need to be integrated to allow for contracts to be created and ILP would allow for interoperability between the different currencies and XRP. Jurisdictional regulation towards sports betting would most likely be a hurdle that would need to be overcome. However, in theory could this be done and does it represent a positive use case for XRP? My thinking is that it would bring additional liquidity from existing markets to the XRP ledger.  @Hodor @Pablo

There is absolutely no reason why a gaming/betting platform couldn’t be built on Codius and I suspect gaming will be a major use-case for a whole range of smart contract platforms, particularly those platforms where one can readily on and off-ramp and trade your winnings/prizes. 

XRP is way out ahead of a lot of other gaming-specific coins in that regard.  Those that had liquidity and tried without the underlying tech being able to support adoption (such as ETH) failed miserably. Those that have the tech but no liquidity eg CSC) can pull it off but not without partnerships, marketing and capital. And who knows, perhaps one day Ripple will start buying up these small-fry and roll the software onto an XRP-focused platform.