VanHasen

Brad Garlinghouse vs Joeseph Lubin (ETH ConsenSys) #EtherealDavos

This was the only good part of the whole panel discussion,  the rest , not so good . The arrogance of Joe Lubin and the waffling on through the whole panel discussion was terrible. Um im not bias either , not really,  oh ok you got me :D

Was, unfortunately, Brads best moment I think.

That said, discretion is the better part of valour, and sometimes saying nothing is best. There was second destroy opportunity there at the mention of blockchain gaming, CryptoKitties was mentioned (Oh, how did that go?). But, does Brad want to been seen to be beating down on other projects all the time. Answer is no, the quicker the whole crypto space develops, the better from Ripple.

It's a new market, these actors at this stage do not really need to worry about market share when the entire pie can be grown. Specifically, Ripple 'giving away' ILP is an example of that.

6 minutes ago, XRP-JAG said:

That said, discretion is the better part of valour, and sometimes saying nothing is best. There was second destroy opportunity there at the mention of blockchain gaming, CryptoKitties was mentioned (Oh, how did that go?). But, does Brad want to been seen to be beating down on other projects all the time. Answer is no, the quicker the whole crypto space develops, the better from Ripple

totally agree with you, but I do find it still important to keep on calling out the nature of PoW to maybe finally get it's flaws realized by a wider audience (especially in regards of mining control on BTC and ETH)

he didn't do that overly aggressive IMO, he does it in defense cause XRP constantly associated with centralization in the public (mainly from the eth, btc camp)

IMO with the media full of forks, hacks and attacks taking place on this planet-killing technology im afraid btc, eth and co do really slow down the evolution of the whole space at this point of time

If, for arguments sake, XRP was "centralised", I do wonder who actually would care. Or, to be more precise, who that matters would care. Is it just the same people who refuse to eat at McDonalds, buy coffee at Starbucks, sign up to Facebook or order from Amazon?

Just now, XRP-JAG said:

If, for arguments sake, XRP was "centralised", I do wonder who actually would care. Or, to be more precise, who that matters would care. Is it just the same people who refuse to eat at McDonalds, buy coffee at Starbucks, sign up to Facebook or order from Amazon?

the whole point of crypto is decentralisation - like the Internet! and i'm not talking about ownership of tokens, i'm talking about how the ledger works in a decentralised democratic manner to transfer value and/or information around the world WITHOUT having to trust on miners who's incentive is profit!

but regardless, i think do not understand your point