Xrphunter

Freewallet Releases Long-anticipated Ripple Wallet

Freewallet, a digital multicurrency wallet with over 3M users, is proud to announce the long-awaited listing of Ripple (XRP) on the Freewallet Multi-currency wallet, and a subsequent stand-alone Ripple Wallet app for Android.

https://cointelegraph.com/press-releases/freewallet-releases-long-anticipated-ripple-wallet?fbclid=IwAR39Py0ySq39uOHwlvkBxRG6bnVyLJmen0BNEOK058HXTv_sLr-vfm5xzII

9 minutes ago, Chris_Reeves said:

Any company that continues to call the digital asset XRP, Ripple, will not have my business. I'd suggest the same for everyone.

Doesn't the "RP" in XRP stand for ripple? 

While the X: Codes beginning with "X", among others, are reserved for special purposes such as non-currency commodities

So XRP implies "Ripple the commodity"? 

7 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Doesn't the "RP" in XRP stand for ripple

The RP in my XRP stands for Russet Potato. 

I get the point but I'm more inclined to persuade people away from using a smartphone as a wallet. 

Edited by LordVetinari

2 hours ago, Xrphunter said:

listing of Ripple (XRP)

Ripple is the company and XRP the tokens are not Ripple the company, this is very true, technically , legally , and so on... but for people mind , don't care about so many technically and legal questions, XRP tokens are " the Ripple" , it's like the pork jelly, that is made using pigs skin, but is called " isinglass" 

None is manufacturing gelatin from fish, 100% on commerce is from pigs, but it's called like it's manufactured from fish https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isinglass

https://www.google.it/search?source=hp&ei=KKtIXLzaEIuqswG235HYDA&q=colla+di+pesce&btnK=Cerca+con+Google&oq=colla+di+pesce&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l10.957.4005..5054...0.0..0.98.1050.14......0....1..gws-wiz.....0..0i131.MhfFz189QjI

COLLA DI PESCE !!!  It's from pigs

Edited by BibleChronologyXRP

1 hour ago, LordVetinari said:

The RP in my XRP stands for Russet Potato. 

I get the point but I'm more inclined to persuade people away from using a smartphone as a wallet. 

Ok, sure, naming convention doesn't have much to do with that.

Everybody I know that owns XRP, talks about “Ripple” as the asset they own. I do too. And we all know the difference between Ripple the company and Ripple the coin.

As a matter of fact, since I have bought my XRP before the rebranding, I think I am legally entitled to call the asset I have purchased by that name, and even sell it as such.

In particular, because an asset with the ugly name XRP which many people will find hard to remember, is less valuable - marketing wise - than an asset with a sexy, easy to remember dictionary word Ripple, which perfectly describes what the asset actually does. Ripple is a hell of a brand name, like Google. It’s powerful, short, and you can use it as a verb.

And an asset with a triskellion, which is a symbol for cooperation and speed, is more valuable - marketing wise - than an asset with an X as a logo, which is a symbol for invalid, scary, danger and stop.

With the rebranding, Ripple Labs has extracted value from the asset it has sold on the market, and assigned that value exclusively to herself.

That was not the deal. Brand Identity is part of the value of a digital asset. Digital assets aren’t just technical things. You can’t retroactively take the identity away, after you’ve sold it. That is not fair.

So, I’m really thinking about exercising my right as a buyer of Ripple’s main product, and opt to refer to my Ripple coins by the name and visual identity by which it was sold to me: Ripple (XRP). If you buy them from me, even if you buy just one drop, you buy those same rights.

Edited by lucky

10 minutes ago, lucky said:

Everybody I know that owns XRP, talks about “Ripple” as the asset they own. I do too. And we all know the difference between Ripple the company and Ripple the coin.

Also, Ether is commonly listed as Ethereum and exactly nobody cares. 

Edited by jcdenton

lol people still going on about xrp and ripple not being the same thing? So you're telling me, that if ripple decided to create a new coin, " ripple coin" and scrap xrp, you wouldn't be worried at all right? After all, xrp and ripple have nothing whatsoever to do with each other and are two completely separate entities....right?

I bought xrp because I believe in ripple. Without ripple, xrp is worthless. If you didn't invest in xrp because you believe in ripple, then you're either very brave or stupid.  

Sure, in the future, other use cases may emerge, but right now, ripple is the only momentum xrp has. ripple even created the logo for xrp. But they have nothing to do with each other right?

It's ripple(xrp) and it always will be. I still call my coins ripple because I bought them because of ripple. If you guys are hellbent on separating the two, I might as well sell my coins today, because I want to be a part of ripples success not separated from it.

4 hours ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Doesn't the "RP" in XRP stand for ripple?

Or does it stand for RipplePay? It looks like the RipplePay web site has been preserved for posterity here.