Panosmek

Ripple Partner Reveals Plans for xRapid As Trader Who Called Crypto Crash Predicts Big Move for XRP

Meanwhile, Peter Brandt is offering his outlook on XRP. The veteran commodities trader says the digital asset is "coiling up". "Coiling is a technical sign indicating that a big move is on the horizon. However, that move can be in either direction."

The twitter link given is interesting, correct me if I am wrong he is saying get out of XLM: "$XLM Targets .0653, then .00150, so basically worthless. sorry"

https://twitter.com/PeterLBrandt/status/1087495200585338880/photo/1

Edited by Julian_Williams

30 minutes ago, BrownBear said:

Looks good. Can't find anything to confirm the 1400 members unless they are including partnerships in that.

Have you checked their website?  You should understand what they are before making a statement.  If you live in the States there is more than likely a Credit Union near you that has worked with Catalyst through the Co-op.

Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union provides credit unions with a slate of core financial services, designed around efficiency, that include: item processing, remote deposit, and electronic payment services. Catalyst also provides credit unions with correspondent, lending and investment products, and access to balance sheet management services.

Catalyst is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that provides services to its retail credit union membership. Corporate credit unions are organized for the express purpose of providing low-cost financial services and competitive investment and lending rates to their member/owners. Profit is not the driving force; rather, corporate credit unions exist solely for the benefit of their member credit unions - a pivotal difference from other financial service providers.

39 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Well, they said its the US/Mexican Corridor. So taking a look at 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remittances_from_the_United_States

Its probably close to $100 million a day if you took over 100% of the US/MEX payments.

I did read a few weeks ago, maybe from one of Brad's tweets, that banks have given up competing to provide remittance payments services to Mexico because they are too expensive (using SWIFT?).  So banks have been closing down this service, so the US Mexico remittance corridor is a wide open door target market for Ripple XRP to colonise and take over.

Edited by Julian_Williams

6 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

Have you checked their website?  You should understand what they are before making a statement.  If you live in the States there is more than likely a Credit Union near you that has worked with Catalyst through the Co-op.

Catalyst Corporate Federal Credit Union provides credit unions with a slate of core financial services, designed around efficiency, that include: item processing, remote deposit, and electronic payment services. Catalyst also provides credit unions with correspondent, lending and investment products, and access to balance sheet management services.

Catalyst is a not-for-profit financial cooperative that provides services to its retail credit union membership. Corporate credit unions are organized for the express purpose of providing low-cost financial services and competitive investment and lending rates to their member/owners. Profit is not the driving force; rather, corporate credit unions exist solely for the benefit of their member credit unions - a pivotal difference from other financial service providers.

I don't understand why it's so hard for even pro-Ripple and pro-XRP types to understand this.  Every time something about Catalyst comes up, I see several comments along the lines of the one you were responding to and it's most often among those who purport to not be XRP haters.  

1 hour ago, Julian_Williams said:

I did read a few weeks ago, maybe from one of Brad's tweets, that banks have given up competing to provide remittance payments services to Mexico because they are too expensive (using SWIFT?).  So banks have been closing down this service, so the US Mexico remittance corridor is a wide open door target market for Ripple XRP to colonise and take over.

Most people don't use banks, they use WU, TransferGO or another service like that. If you use their mobile option, its actually really cheap and quick to send payments to Mexico. It is one of the most liquid corridors there is.

11 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Catalyst supports many credit unions.  Many of the members of those credit unions are not Mexican.  Some will be Jordanians, Philipinos, Japanese etc.  

This is bigger than just one corridor. 

Yes, But quoting their CEO:

“One of Catalyst Corporate’s largest endeavors in 2018 was forging a strategic partnership with Ripple, the leading enterprise blockchain provider for payments. Our goal is to send international payments to Mexico via Ripple’s blockchain solution. With this cooperative arrangement known as ‘Currentz’, secure cross-border money transfers can be completed within minutes.”

They are only planning for Mexico right now.

32 minutes ago, Archbob said:

“One of Catalyst Corporate’s largest endeavors in 2018 was forging a strategic partnership with Ripple, the leading enterprise blockchain provider for payments. Our goal is to send international payments to Mexico via Ripple’s blockchain solution. With this cooperative arrangement known as ‘Currentz’, secure cross-border money transfers can be completed within minutes.”

True.  Phase1.   But the thing to remember is that the beauty of Ripplenet is that it’s a network with many participants.  Some of whom even now are willing to engage with XRP.  

Once up and running to Mexico it’s possible to expand that easily to any other connected XRP corridor.  It’s not like traditional correspondent banking needing negotiated agreements.  Rippplenet is the agreement.  

To me it seems like all of the customers of 2400 different credit unions will soon have world wide cheap instant settlement to anywhere XRapid services.  

But yeah,  that is a further step away beyond even this first one which may take a while.  

If you go back to the OP original quote it does say “borders”, plural.  So they will expand.  

44 minutes ago, Archbob said:

You have to start somewhere but I think they will expand to other areas if all goes well in Mexico, I'm just glad to see they are starting off with the utilization of XRP as I said in a previous post when this was first announced this is a shot across the bow of the banking industry as credit unions main purpose is to offer banking services at cheaper price and better terms.  This maybe just what we need to get the banks onboard.  I mentioned this also most large corporate entities have their own employee credit union think of the Amazons, Microsoft's who bolster a lot of foreign workers on Visa's in the states.  This is a very strategic move right here

Edited by RikkiTikki

12 hours ago, RikkiTikki said:

Have you checked their website?  You should understand what they are before making a statement. 

That's a bit rude. But for your information they only provided wire services for .... 971 Credit Unions.

Where are the OTHER 500 CUs that will use xRapid? Did you check their website before you made your post?

29 minutes ago, BrownBear said:

That's a bit rude. But for your information they only provided wire services for .... 971 Credit Unions.

Where are the OTHER 500 CUs that will use xRapid? Did you check their website before you made your post?

That still does not implicate how many will use XRP, I'm just saying until we have solid proof on things we should not put out blind statements at this point it is said 1400 and until we have solid proof otherwise can't we just appreciate it for what was said officially, just because you can't see the numbers in public facing does not mean their statement isn't valid so lets not imply that until we have the facts. There is enough FUD going around in this space as it is. One thing that I like about the Chat community here is the certain level of pride we have to clear the fud and call out those who spread it maliciously or inadvertently.  I myself have posted bad info in the past that I have read  and was short sited on the resource but the group here has corrected me and I didn't consider it rude I took it as constructive criticism which never hurts.  If I offended you it wasn't meant to and I apologize but I meant what I said and yes I did read and your rebuttal has no legs.

Edited by RikkiTikki

1 minute ago, RikkiTikki said:

That still does not implicate how many will use XRP, I'm just saying until we have solid proof on things we should not put out blind statements at this point it is said 1400 and until we have solid proof otherwise can't we just appreciate it for what was said officially? 

I didn't make a blind statement, I asked how they came to that number and if it included partnerships. I literally cannot find anything that confirms 1400 CUs use CCFCU as a wire transfer provider. BUT - If it includes CCFCU's parent company or other partnerships then it is possible. Saying they have 1,400 customers for use with xRapid when they clearly don't IS a blind statement. You want to believe a blind statement, I question ALL blind statements. I want proof. You don't.

10 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

There is enough FUD going around in this space as it is one thing that I like about the Chat community here is the certain level of pride we have to bust the fud and call out those who spread it maliciously or inadvertently. 

Sure, but questioning the validity of a claim is the cornerstone of reasoning. Not FUD. If I had said "This is all bull and this CU won't do anything to the price of XRP." then you will have a valid point of me spreading FUD. Saying I cannot find anything to confirm the numbers is not FUD. 

12 minutes ago, RikkiTikki said:

I myself have posted bad info myself in the past that I have read  and was short sited on the resource but the group here has corrected me and I didn't consider it rude I took it as constructive criticism which never hurts.  If I offended you it wasn't meant to  and I apologize but I meant what I said and yes I did read and your rebuttal has no legs.

Bad info is one thing, asking a question on how they got their figures is a very valid point. You calling me out and making a nationalist claim to personally attack me is NOT constructive criticism, it's flat out racist. "HOW DARE YOU NON-AMERICAN QUESTION MY NATIONS BANKING NUMBERS!!!ONE ONE ONE 1111111 !!!" The ONLY valid answer to my post, is to ANSWER the question I asked. Everything else is off topic and fuelled solely on emotion.

And I don't understand the "Your rebuttal has no legs" statement, All I did was post the information from their website you claimed I never read and it does not match the claim made in this thread. But if need the win for your ego... then sure. My rebuttal had no legs.