rodsvarious

The skeptical thread. What are the biggest problems that you find with Ripple?

Let's have an objective skeptical discussion in this thread.

I'll start with an obvious one. The rich list. Enough said, right?

What else does disturb you guys?

Edited by rodsvarious

20 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

What is disturbing to you about the richlist?  Can you be more clear on this please?  Hard to answer without a clear first post.

I think I can answer for OP as I am also disturbed by the richlist. The issue is to be a 1%er you need 73k+ XRP. I don't have that yet - so that's deeply disturbing to me.

In all seriousness it's arguably obvious that OP is disturbed by how insanely rich those who have fat wallets will be e.g. Larson, Garlinghouse, Schwarz. If XRP rockets, Larson will end up way beyond Bezos/Gates on paper. I do agree but I think at that level, individuals can get that rich once it's aligned with the other most powerful people. So I don't really see it as an issue.

Slow regulatory clarity concerns me the most. Second to that, no major FI's using XRP. Sure we have some small players starting to dabble in it but we need big names. Of course the plan is to build up liquidity from small players to large ones. 

1 hour ago, rodsvarious said:

Huh? You'll have to explain. 

In you title, you say "the biggest problems with Ripple". 

Do you mean the company specifically? 

Edited by LordVetinari

The fact that XRP hasn’t been deemed not a security. Digging deeper, they’re pushing XRP as their agenda for their primary solution, investing in building an eco system around it, and hold majority of the supply.  They may not “own” XRP but they have the influence on it that is harmful. 

Oh...and the fact that they’ve delayed their insiders $589 eoy, the $50/24 hours, etc. They’re not good at making their insider employees keep promises. Very skeptical about that. 

2 hours ago, rodsvarious said:

Let's have an objective skeptical discussion in this thread.

What else does disturb you guys?

i would tend to agree with this. not sure how someone at ripple can be worth more than bezos at this stage of the game.

I have to agree with @SGoldstein, first Miguel came into the chat asking for ideas etc, then Clair all friendly telling us they would this that and other, yes she did do a couple of meetups which were much appreciated by those who could meet,  then just Disappearing,  When was the last time Tiffany Hayden, NiKB came into the chat and Mr Schwarz in the past I had private conversations with all of them here, I don't doubt they are still reading in the background, but a quick "Hi "  would be appreciated every now and again  if you don't mind guys

Edited by cannylad
Typo

22 minutes ago, Dario_o said:

People in this thread is just giving ispiration to whom is probably paid to find completely new FUD topics,

I would refrain from responding.

I wouldn't this always makes it fun when they FUDsters are proven wrong.

3 hours ago, DtotheK said:

In all seriousness it's arguably obvious that OP is disturbed by how insanely rich those who have fat wallets will be e.g. Larson, Garlinghouse, Schwarz.

I believe Schwarz chose to have a salary rather than a stack of XRP but I'm not 100% on that if someone informed wants to chime in.

XRP security debate is my main concern.  Although all signs point to XRP Not being a security, an unfavorable ruling could spell the end.  I know the rest of the world doesn't care what the SEC rules, however this would be a huge setback.

5 minutes ago, Babelly said:

I believe Schwarz chose to have a salary rather than a stack of XRP but I'm not 100% on that if someone informed wants to chime in.

XRP security debate is my main concern.  Although all signs point to XRP Not being a security, an unfavorable ruling could spell the end.  I know the rest of the world doesn't care what the SEC rules, however this would be a huge setback.

I doubt the SEC would kill the goose that laid the golden egg...but what do I know.

Edited by Artoflife