Sign in to follow this  
jbjnr

Q4 analysis/prediction

That is some intensive research you've posted there and must've taken a while to assemble so thanks .

I need to ask, are you of the opinion that ripple is misrepresenting the amount of xrp that they are selling and by doing so are they practicing misleading and deceptive conduct ? 

27 minutes ago, lll_lll said:

Really awesome and in-depth analysis. This is where I wish we had a Tipbot integrated into XRpchat. 

I concur .

56 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Why do you need to ask?

Do you start from the assumption that they are bad hombres?   Does the world seem to be out to get you?

It would be naive to think that the world is a nice place and is not fully driven money and greed .

Remember Rodger Rodgerson ? 

It would also be naive to think that the banks will enter ponzi at the bottom and make everyone rich.

2 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

I need to ask, are you of the opinion that ripple is misrepresenting the amount of xrp that they are selling and by doing so are they practicing misleading and deceptive conduct ? 

I need to ask you: are you offering a leading question with your preferred answer presented as a question and by doing so attempting to create mischief? 

9 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I need to ask you: are you offering a leading question with your preferred answer presented as a question and by doing so attempting to create mischief? 

Hi , and no mischief isn't my intention here , I was asking because I felt like he was pointing out that they're selling more than they're making out . Being quite long winded that's what I thought but couldn't see his angle clearly so i asked . 

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Why do you need to ask?

Do you start from the assumption that they are bad hombres?   Does the world seem to be out to get you?

56 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I just wanted to point out, from my humble perspective, that I was naturally starting to think similarly from reading the OP’s thread. You can check my post history; I’m not a FUDster. I would really like to know if the founders are offloading their XRP as well and if so, how much? Why? If it’s just some small millions, which seems the case, I get it and the natural “Who cares?” is my reaction. If it’s rather large, 100’s of millions, then my curiosity is the same as @Helmsdeep

Now, my thoughts would be how rich does anyone need to be to be content and my answer would be $200 million or slightly more. This would be how I imagine David Schwartz or anyone else on Ripple’s team to be thinking. But please know this, if they are offloading their XRP we will soon be reading headlines similar to Charlie Lee and it’s going to reverberate through the crypto sphere. I mean, just remember how amgry everyone got that Chris Larsen shot up to the top ten wealthiest people in late December.

With that in mind, maybe it does make sense for them to trickle sell their tokens so nobody gets distracted when the price goes back up to ATH. After all, the 60 billion xrp that Ripple owns has been a headwind for the growth of XRP and I imagine the “that’s not fair” crowd will join in if the founders all become multi billionaires in the near future.

Just my thoughts, but I’m still curious if they are selling, how much, and why.

Edited by Raz

19 minutes ago, Helmsdeep said:

Hi , and no mischief isn't my intention here , I was asking because I felt like he was pointing out that they're selling more than they're making out . Being quite long winded that's what I thought but couldn't see his angle clearly so i asked . 

Nah not at all.  I read his excellent analysis as necessarily incomplete because of the inherent difficulties of looking in from the outside.  

To leap to ‘they are a bunch of crooks’ (paraphrasing) as your conclusion is wrong headed and a shame since his work is so good.

57 minutes ago, Helmsdeep said:

It would be naive to think that the world is a nice place and is not fully driven money and greed 

It would be paranoid and dark to think that is the only motivation for human endeavour.   

I would hate to have to live with your dark worldview.  

Given how careful and transparent and full of ex-regulators Ripple are,   I would be extremely surprised if anything they claim is anything other than totally true to the best of their knowledge.  

Given how difficult it is to know who owns what wallet and how that ownership might be spread and or changed over time,  it is no surprise that the OP can’t make every number perfectly fit.  

That said,  he has gotten remarkedly close in the past, and very possibly again here.  

People who immediately leap to dark conclusions give me the pips.

I suppose not everyone gets to see the real nastiness in this world and boy am I envious of you if you have managed to avoid it .  

Do you travel much ?