Sign in to follow this  
Panosmek

SWIFT decided NOT to attend the conference on 24th January where the SWIFT and Ripple CEOs would debate!

Not surprising. I was wondering why he would want to give Ripple such an opportunity to take potshots at SWIFT.

No matter, it is just a panel anyway, nothing groundbreaking happening there that's for sure.

But I have a feeling there will be a lot of similar pulling outs, cancellations and postponements throughout 2019...

35 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Being Dutch, Gottfried maybe fell victim of the “ Dutch disease”

Wikipedia:

the Dutch disease is the apparent causal relationship between the increase in the economic development of a specific digital asset ( e.g XRP) and a decline in other sectors (traditional services like Swift)

I guess he has to stay in bed several weeks with high fever. 

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

At least Anthony Scaramucci is still going. 

I wonder if Ripple could be targeting some of the Swift staff, before targeting their client base. Weaken the core of Swift and acquire a foot in the door at the same time.

The Swift staff must be smart enough to see what the future holds, and they will be able to move quicker than the clients.

2 hours ago, BluKoo said:

I wonder if Ripple could be targeting some of the Swift staff, before targeting their client base. Weaken the core of Swift and acquire a foot in the door at the same time.

The Swift staff must be smart enough to see what the future holds, and they will be able to move quicker than the clients.

I am pretty sure Gottfried will join Ripple after he steps down.

1 hour ago, Panosmek said:

I am pretty sure Gottfried will join Ripple after he steps down.

That would surprise me because once these folk become CEO they don’t like to be anything other than top dog ever again.

(Apart from when they sidestep into politics...  and even then they want to be top dog of something...)

That would surprise me because once these folk become CEO they don’t like to be anything other than top dog ever again.
 (Apart from when they sidestep into politics...  and even then they want to be top dog of something...)

The board perhaps?