xRapid - The Beginning Game

20 minutes ago, zenkert said:

WTF is this all about ? ? ? ? ?

I remember we had these kinds of threads on Bitcointalk.

Early tech investors are a funny brand of lunatics. We really do think for ourselves, especially when we're out of our element. 

I find it quite likeable, and have to highlight the supreme netiquette of @P3T3RIS. He's been a complete gentleman while discussing his boneheaded ideas.

There's got to be something said for that. 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, jcdenton said:

I remember we had these kinds of threads on Bitcointalk.

Early tech investors are a funny brand of lunatics. We really do think for ourselves, especially when we're out of our element. 

I find it quite likeable, and have to highlight the supreme netiquette of @P3T3RIS. He's been a complete gentleman while discussing his boneheaded ideas.

There's got to be something said for that. 

Thanks for saying that, I completely agree. His last post really broke my heart.

3 hours ago, zenkert said:

WTF is this all about ? ? ? ? ?

I think it is about buying xrp with fiat then using that xrp to buy other fiat?

Which is the same as buying xrp with fiat and selling xrp for fiat...but they are argueing over the wording

because we have nothing better to do till..the stupid us government finally passes those bills and the sec declares xrp not a security 🤔😴

[mention=18489]Wandering_Dog[/mention] 
That banks liability to you was issuing Central Banks asset on that bank, and when that liability disappeared, that asset returned to Central Bank to be used elsewhere.
Value that moved in XRP jumped to other country´s Central Bank´s liabilities 

I think that you basically do not believe or understand how XRP can have value on its own ? XRP is not connected to any central or other bank neither to an org or exchange not even to Ripple. XRP has no liability at all . Holding XRP on its own ledger is the same as holding gold in your own bare hands.
1 hour ago, kanaas said:

Holding XRP on its own ledger is the same as holding gold in your own bare hands.

Actually it’s better than gold because you can teleport XRP anywhere in the world in 4 seconds.  :) 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

Actually it’s better than gold because you can teleport XRP anywhere in the world in 4 seconds.  :) 

XRP, The Standard of the Internet of Value

Global liquidity to any market, any country, any place, anywhere.

Fully exchangeable to any currency, asset or commodity. Transactions are settled in 4 seconds...

from you...

to any place on earth!

4 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Agreed. They both can move counterpartyless: Gold in a suitcase carried by yourself or by a trusted carrier, XRP by the XRPLedger

Just made the comparison for storage with an independency from any other counter party and with a value that comes from nothing else than the use case: jewel-arts/electronics/chemical/industries for gold and spamprotection/crosscurrencybridge for XRP.

8 minutes ago, P3T3RIS said:

My text got updates today. Press refresh, and hopefully it is more self-explanatory now.

https://p3t3ris.com/

"XRP only has value when it is outside XRP Ledger, but when it enters XRP Ledger, the value of XRP is 0"

Still demonstrates a significant lack of understanding what XRP actually is. There is no such thing as "XRP outside the ledger". And the value of XRP is certainly not zero.

Make sure to at least watch this video in full for a better understanding of XRP.

Very good point. It should read ”when payment enters ledger” ”or when xRapid executes payment”.

think of it like a balloon that you blow up and once it is full, you send the air to other country, where person gets to breath it, except take the balloon out and move only that air that was inside. That air is the value, and what held it was just to keep it together until it leaves when ledger closes. The thing that keeps it together is XRP.

How to explain it better? Did that make sense?

Edited by P3T3RIS
1 hour ago, P3T3RIS said:

Very good point. It should read ”when payment enters ledger” ”or when xRapid executes payment”.

think of it like a balloon that you blow up and once it is full, you send the air to other country, where person gets to breath it, except take the balloon out and move only that air that was inside. That air is the value, and what held it was just to keep it together until it leaves when ledger closes. The thing that keeps it together is XRP.

How to explain it better? Did that make sense?

When a payment enters the ledger, the ownership of some XRP is transferred from one account to another. Its value does not change, only ownership changes, value remains same. If previous owner happens to live in another country than the new owner, value has crossed borders with that payment, value that can then be exchanged for local currency. That optional exchange from XRP to local currency is not a value transfer, but an asset swap: both parties hold the same value before and after the swap, because at the time of the swap, both assets have the exact same (market) value.

Your balloon is a bad analogy because there is virtually unlimited supply of air, and there is no value in second hand air. Use the analogy of a shipping container instead, shipping gold. Ripple's strategy is to position XRP as the standard shipping container of digital value. Banks, exchanges and payment providers will be shipping containers with value from and to each other on a public ledger. Within banks and exchanges, all client transactions are private, as they are now.

Edited by lucky