P3T3RIS

xRapid - The Beginning Game

2 minutes ago, Zerp_Legend said:

Don’t know man , but you seem super obsessed about this topic @P3T3RIS

I don’t see anything new here 

This all stated with P3t3ris tweeting a bunch of false hype saying something David Schwartz has said was 'revolutionary' all because David said that xRapid "buys XRP for fiat" when he had previously said "sells fiat for XRP" or similar. Basically had said nothing new, but P3t3ris thought it was new because he doesn't understand what I said in the post above.

Another analogy: if I open the front door of my house and move from inside my house to outside my house you can describe that action in two ways, that both say the same thing:

- I have exited my house for the outdoors

- I have entered the outdoors from my house

With most human languages it may be that one of those phrases sounds more 'natural than the other' but they describe the exact same event.

Just as in English I would describe my age by saying "I am 41 years old" but in some other languages I would say "I am going to be 42 years old". My age is the same. I have not suddenly got a year old because I crossed a border. It is just a different way to say the same thing.

-Matt

This fellow is behind the exchange with the lengthy xrp commercial that also had 589 flash across it. I cannot help but wonder if his motivations are to profit off the community. This tired argument whether your fiat buys xrp or is sold for xrp is inane.

23 minutes ago, Void-Induction said:

This fellow is behind the exchange with the lengthy xrp commercial that also had 589 flash across it. I cannot help but wonder if his motivations are to profit off the community. This tired argument whether your fiat buys xrp or is sold for xrp is inane.

The only motivation I can think of is that he is trying to convince people that XRP-quoted trading pairs are needed for xRapid and so everyone should use his exchange. ie. he thinks that an orderbook for usd/xrp is necessary for xRapid to function. As he cannot grasp that xrp/usd and usd/xrp are the same thing, just offers on one are bids on the other and vice versa.

-Matt

44 minutes ago, hammertoe said:

ie. he thinks that an orderbook for usd/xrp is necessary for xRapid to function.

I think he's been asking for someone from Ripple who knows the inner workings of xRapid to confirm if, as you believe, xRapid does not require fiat/xrp and is in fact written to be able to use both fiat/xrp & xrp/fiat. 

It's actually just that simple. Every time he asks it turns into some linguistics yoga lesson about buy/sell. 

It's a straight forward question, does xRapid use both fiat/xrp and xrp/fiat or is it only using fiat/xrp? 

Edited by LordVetinari
Edited for incorrect usage of "tickers".

14 minutes ago, LordVetinari said:

I think he's been asking for someone from Ripple who knows the inner workings of xRapid to confirm if, as you believe, xRapid does not require fiat/xrp and is in fact written to be able to use both fiat/xrp & xrp/fiat. 

It's actually just that simple. Every time he asks it turns into some linguistics yoga lesson about buy/sell. 

It's a straight forward question, does xRapid use both fiat/xrp and xrp/fiat tickers or is it only using fiat/xrp? 

There is no difference between fiat/xrp and xrp/fiat. They are the same thing. Just expressed the inverse of each other. And as we already know that Bitstamp, Bittrex, Bitso, etc all list xrp/fiat then it makes sense that it has been written to work with them.

The linguisitc yoga lessons keep coming about as he keeps publicaly claiming "xRapid does not buy XRP". Which is clearly false. As how else is xRapid going to convert the fiat it receives at the start into XRP? Whether it "buys XRP with the fiat" or "sells the fiat for XRP" it doesn't matter. It is exactly the same operation.

-Matt