BluKoo

The Next Bull Run: A Projection

7 minutes ago, BluKoo said:

I think there is a bigger chance of long term hodlers from early 2017 selling chunks of their stash around that point. That's where the resistance will come from if anywhere.
If they missed it first time round I'm sure they won't miss the opportunity to take some serious profit this time.

Yes, for instance I bought the biggest part of my stash in the summer of 2017. Didn't sell in the Dec/Jan bull run.

I do plan to take out app. 12% of my investment in the next bull run in order to cover my initial investment, taxes, costs including opportunity costs and a little extra.

2 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

I mean that bank could spend a few million tops to cut him out of the picture along with all of us by hiring the genius to build their own that works on the ledger . 

Some banks already are looking at IBM-Hyperledger-Stellar.

Edited by Freaky

15 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

@HelmsdeepIt is becoming a bit obvious that your only purpose here is to spread  FUD and disillusionment.  Your ultra low projections for next year on another thread and now your invention of insane conspiracy theories on this thread make it very clear that you are not invested in XRP.  You seem to have a malicious agenda to undermine confidence? 

Actually you are wrong I am invested and it cost me a lot of money which should be obvious because I'm showing real worry about the future of it . 

How can anyone have confidence here Julian ? Are you up or are you down ? Can you relate to my worry ? 

Hell maybe you're the one that isn't invested since you're so blasé about it all .

I am down 15k and considering cutting my losses if you must know .

Edited by Helmsdeep

2 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

My opinion only and I don't want to rain on your parade But I doubt there will ever be a run like you're dreaming of .

Those that bought from the top down will be looking to just get there money back which will kill any momentum . 

Most of those people already sold, hence the year long price drop.

21 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

@HelmsdeepIt is becoming a bit obvious that your only purpose here is to spread  FUD and disillusionment.  Your ultra low projections for next year on another thread and now your invention of insane conspiracy theories on this thread make it very clear that you are not invested in XRP.  You seem to have a malicious agenda to undermine confidence? 

You're provoking their inner snowflake - watch, the reply will be "you can't take criticism of your investment", "I should be allowed to say what I like here" etc.  Same old same old from people who don't hold XRP to any significant degree, yet feel the need to spend their precious hours each week on an XRP forum.  Over 2000 coins out there of which 99.9%+ they haven't invested in, yet they choose XRP as their focus to vent their spleen on.  Sad people.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

4 minutes ago, Helmsdeep said:

Actually you are wrong I am invested and it cost me a lot of money which should be obvious because I'm showing real worry about the future of it . 

How can anyone have confidence here Julian ? Are you up or are you down ? Can you relate to my worry ? 

Hell maybe you're the one that isn't invested since you're so blasé about it all .

OK I accept that you are invested and genuinely worried. 

No I am not worried, I have four times your stake and I am not blasé.  Quite the opposite; Every day I look at the metrics and arguments for and against and it becomes clearer and clearer that XRP/Ripplenet is something that is way ahead of its time, saves money and is well led, partnered and financed.  Then you see how ETC does not get hit by the the bad news that is has been hacked and it is obvious that the way the market calculate prices is screwed by amateurs.  Then Treacher tells us that XRP has so far turned over its first billion and it is obvious that we are very early in the cycle and the price of XRP is not yet pushed by utility and way undervalued compared to every other DA.

Yes there are threats of further crashes in price, especially if BTC gets hacked, but those events can be sustained by being patient.  This is not a place for you if you wring your hands and lose sleep.  You have to be philosophical, if investment was easy money no one would ever get hurt or miscalculate.

Good luck with your investment.

Look guys, there are those that are always positive, and those that always see problems ahead (and those in between). Which one is the more realistic is to be decided in the future. Motives can be questioned, but on both sides. Some love to sell good news because it makes them feel better, some love to watch the world burn, others try to be realistic and even some simply have agendas and attempt to manipulate others in one or other direction to their benefits.

This forum should be a place for both sides of the argument, that can then be countered by another argument without name calling.

I for once see great potential in XRP, and in an ideal state it would thrive. But fact is that there is competition, and more on the way. Whether Ripple or the competion (or both) will succeed remains to be seen. That there is competition at least means Ripple is on the right track, and they are tackling a real problem, combined with having a good headstart. So i'm having good hopes of a decent return.

Either you believe in a next bullrun, or you don’t.  Take the consequences of your believe and act accordingly. But stop wining about it. 

Good read ( no, not just the headline, read!) 

https://hackernoon.com/marketcycle-4e5407d0c68

https://hackernoon.com/search?q=Market cycle

https://medium.com/@cryptology.jones/marketcycle-4e5407d0c68

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin
3 links, same article

3 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

Go and watch this video...
https://youtu.be/ivWdOztDkv4

I have some green after making a big purchase at 0.29, but I am in the red overall.
Why cut your losses now? You'll miss the big show.
Did you invest more than you should have? Do you not see the reward massively outweighing the risk here?

Dont focus on the price or your profits/losses, focus on the fundamentals. You'll feel better.

7 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

I'm sure a lot of them bought all the way down lowering their buy in price and didn't cash out in Septembers pump 

Those champions that bought at AH and are still around are the ones that will cash out at 589 lmao

9 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

Maybe sacrificing the small possibility of profit for the security of having more hair with less grey and having their money back . 

Do you guys wonder what Mr Larson is doing at HSBC ? No mention of xrp but Their own digital asset a big world wide bank like that with its own digital asset should have even the most faithful xrp holders worried .

You really need to study a little more about xrp and crypto in general. I've read several of your posts and you are thinking in terms of traditional markets. You're a fear monger, and a bad one at that.

10 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I was REALLY excited to drop this market cycle link and look like a genius, but of course @Ripple-Stiltskin beat me to it :D.

Anyway, I believe that in the short term, the price of XRP will be driven by the interplay of two things - the movement of the greater crypto market (aka BTC), and the continued growth in real-world XRP utility.

The truth of the matter is that as real and awesome as the usage of XRP is, it's not going to be enough to overcome the influence of BTC for quite some time.  The decoupling is a ways off still.

Therefore, I expect that a bull run mirroring BTC will happen in the next 1.5 years, and based on the historical patterns detailed in the link above, I believe the price of XRP may top out around $14 USD or so before falling roughly 85% to $2 or so.

If and when that happens, the real question will be whether or not I believe my own analysis enough to sell.  I didn't in January... :dash1: