2 hours ago, Hodor said:

Yes!  However, I wish I could tell you more.  The XRP Tip Bot just shows me a total, but I *swear* the total was at ~ 40 xrp the last time I looked:

coil_deposits.jpg.b371f769e37a204aedfb5323b2c65c2e.jpg

Thank you for the Coil donation BTW. 

Ill take that 70.07 as your 2019 eoy prediction 🤓

Excellent work - putting together such a comprehensive summary must take a lot of time

I have never heard the Wheelchair Micro-Payment-on-Contract-Completion (MPCC - you saw it first here) analogy before.  It really is an exciting example of how we will soon live in a world of billions and billions of MPCCs.  Small contractors making a quote, the quote being monetised in escrow and paid on signed off completion.  So many applications, not just repair services, come flooding into mind as soon as you make this connection.  Errands and small jobs commissioned and completed on MPCCs

Would this be hard for someone like Wietse Wind to make into an off the shelf module? 

Specify your job

Specify your price

Specify your payment currency

Prepay

Specify sign off/completion

Micro Payment goes through

How many of your daily applications could this simple transaction model cover?  Uber, Parcel Deliveries, Repair and maintenance contracts could all run on MPCCs.

Edited by Julian_Williams

On 1/17/2019 at 11:28 AM, Hodor said:

Thank you @WhentheBoat_ComesIn

I honestly am a very poor student of the legislative process here in the US, despite my recent interest due to crypto & XRP.  I'll defer to anybody else here on the forum for that; I do know that the crypto bill is going to be re-introduced after more political support is obtained. 

Re: SBI: I think SBI has given a time frame of ~ end of March for activating real-time order books. 

Sources: 

http://www.sbigroup.co.jp/english/investors/disclosure/presentation/pdf/181129presentations.pdf
    https://twitter.com/XRPTrump/status/1039304499221786624
    https://twitter.com/kcool081003/status/1039305060872671232

Right now with the government shut down, the SEC and CFTC are not doing anything unfortunately, including approval of Bakkt. Will take some more time but I don't foresee any regulatory roadblocks for Ripple. Everything I have read seems to point to them having done an outstanding job engaging with regulators and going about the process in a thoughtful and strategic way. 

On 1/18/2019 at 5:14 AM, Julian_Williams said:

Would this be hard for someone like Wietse Wind to make into an off the shelf module?  

Specify your job

Specify your price

Specify your payment currency

Prepay

Specify sign off/completion

Micro Payment goes through

How many of your daily applications could this simple transaction model cover?  Uber, Parcel Deliveries, Repair and maintenance contracts could all run on MPCCs.

Yeah I love this idea. 

I think there are several Internet-style applications that do this for fiat currently, but I've never used them; I forsee crypto being able to really super-charge this for some cross-border virtual work as well. 

On 1/19/2019 at 11:29 AM, Lawyer said:

Right now with the government shut down, the SEC and CFTC are not doing anything unfortunately, including approval of Bakkt. Will take some more time but I don't foresee any regulatory roadblocks for Ripple. Everything I have read seems to point to them having done an outstanding job engaging with regulators and going about the process in a thoughtful and strategic way.

In another post by @rg809wPPM the state of Wyoming is not waiting , absolutely fantastic news , if other states follow suit the regulators surely would listen to the mases (always a first for everything :))   the hype and media attention would start creating a bit of fomo. Wyoming could be the tipping point.

1 hour ago, Truckdriver said:

In another post by @rg809wPPM the state of Wyoming is not waiting , absolutely fantastic news , if other states follow suit the regulators surely would listen to the mases (always a first for everything :))   the hype and media attention would start creating a bit of fomo. Wyoming could be the tipping point.

I am not sure if the SEC ever really makes statements of approval, their job is to stop misdeeds rather than rule what is correct. They will give guidance, that is how I understand it.

They could also create a new asset class for crypto, but so far they have shown reluctance to go down this path.

Edited by Julian_Williams

On 1/19/2019 at 7:29 AM, Lawyer said:

Everything I have read seems to point to them having done an outstanding job engaging with regulators and going about the process in a thoughtful and strategic way. 

That might be a problem. Politicians rarely work that way. 🤣