Archbob

HSBC to deploy Ripplenet and XRP or something else?

So there was a video on twitter with a high level person at HSBC a few months ago:

Now, I'm wondering if what he's mentioning involves Corda Settler and XRP. I think it is one of the three options if you look at the news in the last few months as HSBC has been testing with Corda Settler(although no mention of XRP during tests)

However, there are two other options as there is also news of HSBC testing with IBM Blockchain(pretty exntensively):

https://thenextweb.com/hardfork/2018/07/03/blockchain-bank-ibm/

They could end up using Worldwire as well

Or I think perhaps the most likely, with USC(utility settlement currency). I think this option is likely because HSBC is on he 17 bank consortium that developed this system and R3 tried to bid on them in June but was rejected.

https://www.coindesk.com/r3-rejected-utility-settlement-coin-blockchain

I made a video about this, which one do you guys think is most likely?

2 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

Well that's a good sign . And just as I was thinking about selling my stack and paying down the mortgage .

Oh no, get those thoughts out of your head. Be a little more patient, big things are coming. HODL strong!

4 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

Well that's a good sign . And just as I was thinking about selling my stack and paying down the mortgage .

There's a reason why 1% of the population has more money than the 99%. And 80% of those 1% are self-made. Let that sink 

Edited by AlibabaGrp

6 hours ago, AlibabaGrp said:

There's a reason why 1% of the population has more money than the 99%. And 80% of those 1% are self-made. Let that sink 

I have worked for some of that .8% in the past , incredibly selfish narsististic types who would sell their own grandmother for a dollar and don't pay their bills .

The reason I guess I'm just a tradesman being too honest to boil others down for their fat and sell it to the highest bidder. 

I think this is worth discussing, not because of the hype but because HSBC said they were going to come out with blockchain and digital assets with year and Corda/XRP is one of the possibilities(along with the 2 others I mentioned).

Pretty important topic.  Should be in general discussion.

Looks like HSBC and the 17 banks consortium would use this "Utility Settlement Coin" on the Clearmatic distributed ledger platform for

doing cross border payments?

It is starting to be difficult to keep up and make sense of all that is happening in this area right now. 

Seeing Chris Larsen was on the board of advisors on HSBC, one would have thought they would had use XRP but looks like it is not the case.

Looks like this USC coin was flying under the radar.

Anyone knows about the speed of transactions and other technical characteristics of this USC coin?

How much of a treat is it to XRP?

Can both technologies coexists and work together somehow?

Mikecasey , 

What is starting to concern me is the USC coin could be used in place of xrp where they hold the whole lot , no plebs involved hoping to get rich .

They don't need to run XRP they could run a clone of xrp called whatever coin If they choose , no Jed no Plebs . 100% bank owned digital asset which will render XRP useless .

As is stated again and again by those youtube muppets like dmlogic " ripple owes us nothing " . 

16 hours ago, mikecasey said:

Pretty important topic.  Should be in general discussion.

Looks like HSBC and the 17 banks consortium would use this "Utility Settlement Coin" on the Clearmatic distributed ledger platform for

doing cross border payments?

It is starting to be difficult to keep up and make sense of all that is happening in this area right now. 

Seeing Chris Larsen was on the board of advisors on HSBC, one would have thought they would had use XRP but looks like it is not the case.

Looks like this USC coin was flying under the radar.

Anyone knows about the speed of transactions and other technical characteristics of this USC coin?

How much of a treat is it to XRP?

Can both technologies coexists and work together somehow?

I don't have an answer for this, but it appears to be a valid concern.  It would make sense that there is a time limit for xrp adoption before other technologies catch up.  Another important reason for regulatory uncertainty to get ironed out.

Edit: This thread provides good insight -

Edited by ManBearPig