Sign in to follow this  
hallwaymonitor

Galgitron's new blog: Proof of Not Working

8 minutes ago, invest2lose said:

curious what intelligent people like antonio antonopolous think about the issue and why they still believe in pow/bitcoin and its tech. anyone know?

Yeah that’s been a mystery to me for the last year or so...    are the big players so uninformed they can’t see the issue?

Even if POW didn’t ever suffer a crisis because no on ever did a double spend there STILL would be a giant cloud on its horizon from an energy perspective.  The cloud wouldn’t be its economic cost,  or its environmental cost directly but rather from the sentiment backlash as climate change really begins to bite.

I am always surprised a competent institution can decide to go into POW.

EDIT:   But of course,  all that pales in significance when compared to the centralisation risk and the attack risk.  

Edited by Tinyaccount

Wonderful visualisation of how PoW is set up and how vulnerable it is to attack.

I hope a whale or two read this and start converting their Bitcoin stealable gold into XRP secure gold (why has it not already happened?).  XRP would zoom into number one spot and after that there would be no looking back.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Sign in to follow this