Panosmek

"The only problem that holds XRP back is regulatory certainty, not technical issues." - Ryan Zagone

“The only problem with XRP is Govt uncertainty” That’s like saying “The only problem with jumping off a building is gravity” It is a HUGE  problem, and I struggle finding a logical way to deem XRP as an independent asset.

Unfortunately, RL went full in, back in the early days, even naming the asset after their company. Very hard tfor them to distance themselves (perhaps a renaming contest??) as long as they insist on being the “stewards” of the world’s wealth, by being the sole, controlling force, for the huge escrow.

Can’t have it both ways: claim independence, while at the same time claim controlling ownership of the market distribution and price of their commodity.

Agree with @Valhalla_Guy. What is needed is this:
(1) Ripple divests 90% of its holdings.
(2) As a direct result of (1) XRP and xRapid achieve regulatory certainty / approval in no time flat.
(3) As a direct result of (2), the world's biggest financial institutions jump on board with xRapid, sending its price to $xx or $xxx

Unfortunately however, I think it's much more likely they'll hold on to their vast XRP warchest. If they had plans to divest they would have made much stronger moves in this direction already. And this means that steps (2) and (3) may take far longer.

Edited by JA8

1 hour ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Can’t have it both ways: claim independence, while at the same time claim controlling ownership of the market distribution and price of their commodity.

Although what you say makes complete sense using legal logic, I am not entirely sure the rules for some apply to the rules for the many.  Wall Street has many people on board the digital asset train by now, and we full well recorgnize that they wield the power which determines what the rules are for any sector, company, or set of legalities. 

It's not as if the SEC, or other governmental bodies are meritocratic angels on legal issues.  They have an open and transparent record of making up rules as is convenient for their ruling masters, and also turning their heads from the financial industries indiscretions, actions when convenient.

Thus far, there has been no pressure I know of from any body of government for Ripple the company to divest of their XRP, nor any indecision based upon this.  So, this tells me that regulatory certainty is not a legal issue, but more a decision based upon some timeline towards which we are not privy.  

What seems to be happening via Bakkt, Fidelity, etc etc - is that it's Bitcoin's turn next, then others (XRP included) after that if you get my drift.  A new market with several bull runs on various tokens is in the making.  Just my interpretation.

Edited by xrphilosophy
clarity

I like how he used the "let the market decide" argument, when in fact he means to say "prevent the market from choosing one of our competitors". This ignores the fact that monetary systems are not chosen, they are imposed, by governments. The market originally did choose, afaik they chose Ethereum, despite it's flaws. 

So it's rather duplicitous to use the "let the market" choose argument--people should at least be cognizant that Ryan has no intention of "letting the market choose" and every intention of convincing governments to select and impose XRP. 

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

Agree with @Valhalla_Guy. What is needed is this:
(1) Ripple divests 90% of its holdings.
(2) As a direct result of (1) XRP and xRapid achieve regulatory certainty / approval in no time flat.
(3) As a direct result of (2), the world's biggest financial institutions jump on board with xRapid, sending its price to $xx or $xxx

Unfortunately however, I think it's much more likely they'll hold on to their vast XRP warchest. If they had plans to divest they would have made much stronger moves in this direction already. And this means that steps (2) and (3) may take far longer.

Also agree with @Valhalla_Guy but I think they will divest - otherwise, although it could/should, xrp will never see triple digits.

54 minutes ago, xrphilosophy said:

Thus far, there has been no pressure I know of from any body of government for Ripple the company to divest of their XRP, nor any indecision based upon this. 

Sometimes I wonder if common sense still makes sense in this crazy world. But still, I press on with common sense.

It seems blindingly obvious (to me) that regulatory bodies - if they're doing their job properly - will feel that XRP's ownership of such a vast quantity of XRP is an absolutely massive problem. And further, that Ripple is being unbelievably naive if they think this isn't having any sort of impact on relevant regulatory discussions relating to XRP and xRapid.