Jump to content
Panosmek

"The only problem that holds XRP back is regulatory certainty, not technical issues." - Ryan Zagone

Recommended Posts

The problem is Ripple holding 60 billion XRPs. Why not spread that btw 20-30 big banks with long ass agreements? The dynasties of this world wouldn't like

Also, Ripple should stop running any nodes/validators. 

EazyPZ fix

 

 

Edited by AlibabaGrp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

The problem is Ripple holding 60 billion XRPs. Why not spread that btw 20-30 big banks with long ass agreements? 

Why? Banks are already money creators, and the asset being distributed is the settlement asset--why would you set the initial distribution to the money creators, why not producers? Why not consumers? Why not a mix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, AlibabaGrp said:

The problem is Ripple holding 60 billion XRPs. Why not spread that btw 20-30 big banks with long ass agreements? The dynasties of this world wouldn't like

Also, Ripple should stop running any nodes/validators. 

EazyPZ fix

 

 

One of the worst solutions in my opinion. I think it would also be more realistic that if major banks have a contract with ripple that they will have a option on XRP for a specific price. I believe at some point in time there were some rumors that a big chunk of the 60B XRP was mostly "under option" in contracts with banks and other institutions. As usual these rumors are supported with air, and should not be taken seriously. But from a business perspective it would make a sense. When making a deal with something that is not that valuable at the time but has great potential in the long run having optional buys in a contract is quite attractive.

If I were to work at a bank and had to make a deal with Ripple I would definitely vouch for it to be in the contract. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Uloveme said:

One of the worst solutions in my opinion. I think it would also be more realistic that if major banks have a contract with ripple that they will have a option on XRP for a specific price. I believe at some point in time there were some rumors that a big chunk of the 60B XRP was mostly "under option" in contracts with banks and other institutions. As usual these rumors are supported with air, and should not be taken seriously. But from a business perspective it would make a sense. When making a deal with something that is not that valuable at the time but has great potential in the long run having optional buys in a contract is quite attractive.

If I were to work at a bank and had to make a deal with Ripple I would definitely vouch for it to be in the contract. :D

Anything is better than Ripple holding 60 billion XRPs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 1:03 PM, VanHasen said:

@Valhalla_Guy, amongst other things, you seem to be convinced xrp should and/or will be likely to be deemed a security - from that perspective investing in it wouldnt make much sense to me. what leads to the following questions - are you invested in xrp despite of seeing it the way you do? if yes, why? if not, why are you here?

no offense intended, just trying to understand ;)

 

Not offended, just curious why you ask personal info, or seek my motives, while choosing to ignore the point I made about the escrow. If you beleive RL should be the sole steward of the world’s money supply, then say it, or provide some sort of logic, explaining how this implementation, will work. 

As far as your direct questions, my past posts are still on this site. Read them, and you will see my motives, and how my attitude diminished. I held through the bull run of Dec 2017. But soon afterwards, I noticed that all the loyal RL “experts,” on this site, quietly cashed out and disappeared. Only leaving us a faint echo of “HOLD HOLD HOLD!!” Those folks bought when XRP was $.0001. (yes, less than a penny)

I learned a lot through 2018, and everything I learned makes it look like RL will be the most successful finance company the world has ever seen, and at the same time XRP will be worth $0. ( I made this same point in one of my earliest posts, Jan 2018) 

Remember that XRP is not required for 2 of the 3 platforms, RL liscences. It did serve a purpose...Rocket fuel for their trip to the moon.

At least I got a buzz from their fumes, otherwise I would be angry.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

loyal RL “experts,” on this site, quietly cashed out and disappeared

Only a very few of the new "experts" that bought their coins, will still hold in three years. That's called "distribution". As time passes by, new stakeholders enter the project.

It surprises me how frequent contributors to this forum still don't see the fundamental innovation that decentralized digital assets are bringing to our world, and how they will help us to shape a better future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, lucky said:

Only a very few of the new "experts" that bought their coins, will still hold in three years. That's called "distribution". As time passes by, new stakeholders enter the project.

It surprises me how frequent contributors to this forum still don't see the fundamental innovation that decentralized digital assets are bringing to our world, and how they will help us to shape a better future.

"Ponzi scheme" I think is what you meant--that's the definition you gave. 

What is the fundamental innovation, can you describe it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wandering_Dog said:

"Ponzi scheme" I think is what you meant--that's the definition you gave. 

What is the fundamental innovation, can you describe it? 

'A Ponzi scheme is a form of fraud which lures investors and pays profits to earlier investors by using funds obtained from more recent investors. The victims are led to believe that the profits are coming from product sales or other means, and they remain unaware that other investors are the source of profits.' - Wikipedia.

1. You can't really name Ripple/XRP a fraud, can you? Ripple seem to have a clear and transparent strategy/vision which is in public domain (as well as dozen of other information) hence any investor is responsible for a decision made: to invest or not invest.

2. In no way Ripple profits are coming from newer investors and not from sales.

3. Do you consider yourself 'a victim of a fraud' assuming you have invested into XRP?

 

 

Edited by WillGetThere
Grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wandering_Dog said:

What is the fundamental innovation, can you describe it? 

I give the sand shovel to my friend Wandering Dog. 

First I had the sand shovel, and he didn't. Now he has the sand shovel, and I don't. 

I couldn't "give" him an email attachment or an mp3 in the same way. 

Get it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Not offended, just curious why you ask personal info, or seek my motives, while choosing to ignore the point I made about the escrow. If you beleive RL should be the sole steward of the world’s money supply, then say it, or provide some sort of logic, explaining how this implementation, will work. 

As far as your direct questions, my past posts are still on this site. Read them, and you will see my motives, and how my attitude diminished. I held through the bull run of Dec 2017. But soon afterwards, I noticed that all the loyal RL “experts,” on this site, quietly cashed out and disappeared. Only leaving us a faint echo of “HOLD HOLD HOLD!!” Those folks bought when XRP was $.0001. (yes, less than a penny)

I learned a lot through 2018, and everything I learned makes it look like RL will be the most successful finance company the world has ever seen, and at the same time XRP will be worth $0. ( I made this same point in one of my earliest posts, Jan 2018) 

Remember that XRP is not required for 2 of the 3 platforms, RL liscences. It did serve a purpose...Rocket fuel for their trip to the moon.

At least I got a buzz from their fumes, otherwise I would be angry.

 

When someone bought XRP during 2013...2016 on average for 0.006 and sold SOME in 2017 on average 0.5 or more, one has to see him as "normal behaving" and not as a proof of disbelieving.

In my case my stack did cost me in 2014 0.006 average and I sold 20% for 0.2 and another 20% for 1.0 but I'm still holding 60% of free XRP while having a >3000% return on investment. And I still am a big believer in the future of Ripple and the IoV. I also think XRP will get an important role in the bigger picture. The most impressive in my view is the way how the big picture has been been painted from the very start and how the Ripple team adapted and improved it on the go, but always stayed laser focused on that ultimate goal that never has been changed. You are right that the vision on XRP has been changed from the early idea, but it still has incredible interesting features to play its role in the plan. Of course it's tricky to see it as "just a good investment" as it all depends on what ratio risk/reward one wants or can handle. That's individual and a decision one has to make personal. In my view it still is a very good investment for the longer term, otherwise I wouldn't hold my 60% anymore. Would I still buy today? Hard to say as in my case that Q doesn't pose anymore, but I think that I still would take the risk to spend some funds on XRP. It's the only crypto that shows some real use case coming up, but don't expect to have instant gains within the year. The ride might even be bumpy for an unexpected time...

Edited by kanaas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×