Sign in to follow this  
LordVetinari

Valor, Another Ripple Scam?

So it's a future attempt to buy off XRP holders with an airdrop OR this is completely unsubstantiated FUD.

I think it's important we all know where info is coming from and how much has been confirmed. (Not much.) 

I have no doubts this will be spun and regurgitated on Twitter and Reddit. Source is provided in the OP for FUD fighters. @Hodor

Be aware. People are getting desperate. 

Edited by LordVetinari

11 hours ago, LordVetinari said:

So it's a future attempt to buy off XRP holders with an airdrop OR this is completely unsubstantiated FUD.

I think it's important we all know where info is coming from and how much has been confirmed. (Not much.) 

I have no doubts this will be spun and regurgitated on Twitter and Reddit. Source is provided in the OP for FUD fighters. @Hodor

Be aware. People are getting desperate. 

The timing of this supposed 'threat' is far too convenient.  There's no real threat, but what the article provides is a convenient touch-point for P.O.W. advocates to point their fingers back at XRP and say "well, Byzantine agreement is not secure, either!"  or some such nonsense, just days after a top-twenty coin was successfully 51% attacked.

There's no real threat.  Just put yourself in Ripple's shoes for one moment and figure out how you could repel an organized and sustained financial attack.  There are *many* inexpensive ways. 

I could always be wrong, but IMO this article smells like 100% paid-for nonsense. 

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

There's no real threat.  Just put yourself in Ripple's shoes for one moment and figure out how you could repel an organized and sustained financial attack.  There are *many* inexpensive ways.

There's no need for ripple to 'repel' such an attack. The idea behind valor is fatuous and flawed. It relies on the principal of convincing a majority of xrp holders to swap their xrp for valor and thereby replace one token with another. Ripple has spent the last several years building a marketplace for xrp, incentivising market makers, bringing FIs on board and integrating xrp via xRapid into their tools. The reason xrp has any value is because it can be used as a payment token carrying its value across markets and there is simply no need or point in replacing it with a cloned version. No Fis would be interested in adopting it and ripple would not modify xRapid to work with the new token as it would have no advantage over the old one. No Fi would be interested in it for the same reason. A few delusional investors might be convinced to swap their tokens, but they would simply lose their investment and hold worthless tokens whilst the valor people would hold their xrp. It is a laughable idea.

1 hour ago, Hodor said:

I could always be wrong, but IMO this article smells like 100% paid-for nonsense.  

You are not wrong. Though I cannot imagine who would pay for such crap.