panmores

Brainstorming: all possible biz ideas with XRP / Ripple protocol

The sky's the limit for all kinds of possible business ideas powered by XRP / Ripple protocol?

Let me start with one (still checking how it's doable :D):

• Quick and easy money transfer from any mobile phone number to any mobile phone number.

What would you like to see?

Any idea(s)?

An actual bank or remittance company using XRP for transfer of value in significant volume.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Settlement/bridging of a 24x7 hours global market place trading all kinds of tokenized assets ... existing digital assets as well as tokenized commodities, securities & derivatives, precious metals, energy, food etc. ... bigger than DTCC ...

Frank Herbert fans ... let's call it CHOAM :)

Edited by Rey

Every bridging case between 2 ledgers where the ledgers owners are externalizing their risks to market makers which in return receive a fee for their service.

I quite like the idea of an app that let's you round up transactions in your bank account to the nearest penny / pound which can then go towards stuff like:

• Savings accounts / ISAs
  • Charitable donations
  • "Things" that are tokenised (stocks, commodities etc).
  • Buying more XRP!

There are apps out there that do this now (Moneybox here in the UK) but I think they batch payments weekly once you've done all your round-ups. Guessing using XRPL would allow for the quick settlement so your round-ups would be where you want them to be quickly (especially useful for Charities). 

I remember reading something about someone getting funding for a crypto round-up app like this but it looked like it was Bitcoin driven which is daft imo.

Hi all,

I'm an independent business consultant @ Pwc Belgium and proposed the following product during the (monthly) internal dragons' den: 

The idea is to create a platform for cities/municipalities that supports the community/society. The main functionality of the platform is to make it possible to pay at local shops (grocery, pharmacy, etc) where a part of the transaction cost will go to a selected (local) club or association. Using blockchain (XRP, Corda, etc) as the payment technology will allow us to lower the transaction cost to stay competitive against existing solutions as Payconiq. The same platform can be used by the city as a communication platform to their habitants.

I'm not a developer. So if someone can help me with building a proof of concept where we can test the lower transaction cost would be nice. If we can prove this, is PwC open to invest in this product and try to set up a pilot at one of their clients. I'm also active in Politics as an alderman so finding a pilot customer can't be difficult. ;)

Thanks in advance.

When money works like a faucet, which you can open and close, a lot of services would and could change. They would become similar to the utilities you pay for in your house, like electricity or water.
You have a TV subscription? How much do you actually watch it? How much time do you spend at the gym? All these charges would be become secondly rates. You are visiting a doctor? No problem, charging by the second.
Going to the museum? For how long exactly?

It will have side effects of course.
It will change society.
Mobile phones changed our society. Everything is more connected, but also more disconnected at the same time. While you can look up your old childhood friend on Facebook, people don't even talk to each other anymore at the dinner table, just looking at their screen. When money becomes fluid, everything: all fees, charges, rates will be more accurate and precise. But people will be trying to close that faucet. Do everything quicker, faster, so they don't lose money. It will speed up our lives even more. Your services/subscriptions will be much cheaper, because you don't have to pay for unused periods, but you will feel like you are losing money constantly. There will be no more bills to pay at the end of the month. It will be real time, all the time. You will have an app on your phone showing you real time data on how much you are paying and your account getting smaller... or reverse if you are doing the service or working. It's always a two-way street.
On the other hand, your employer will demand for more control over your work as well, so they can see how much you actually work, how efficient you are. No paid coffee breaks anymore, no more chit-chat with your colleagues by the water cooler, no more reading a post on Xrpchat while you work. You won't get paid for that.
It's hard to imagine now, but our common use of hourly rates will change to secondly rates. Lawyers, doctors, mechanics...everybody will charge by the second. Time is money, and that would get a whole different meaning.
It will be good for marketing... since the rates will look much smaller, even though it means the same.  "I'm a lawyer and I'm charging 0.001xrp per second."

Dropbox will charge for file size multiplied by the second it is on the server. You can have as much storage as you want, but they will be billing you for each second and each byte.
It will change our language. 'Throw some money at it' will become 'Spray some money at it'. 'Money to burn' becomes 'money to pour'.
Money laundering=money diluting. Money can't buy you happiness= well, some thing don't change.

I think this change will be good, we will get used to this mentality. Just make sure you don't leave your faucet open by accident!

Ok, here is one more for ya:
Teslas and other self-driving cars would be driving automatically on the highway, all connected to a global network and to each other, communicating when to slow down, speed up etc simultaneously. It would be almost like a train, because they could get really close to each other without touching (their response time is different than lame humans')
Then if a passenger is in a hurry (or just a plain rich *******) and wants to overtake other cars it could 'tip' the other cars a few XRPs to slow down and let him pass.
In time police would also jump in on the action and read car speeds in real time, all the time. If you drive yourself, but over the limit, the police would fine you based on how much time you spent driving over the limit and by how much. You could earn that money back by driving a bit slower and letting other people pass you… within reason of course.

Here's an app for couples, call it, say, "Payback". Both parties have to have the app installed for it to function, and both parties must pre-fund their account in the app. 

When your spouse asks you for a favor (promising to pay you back in the future) you can enter it into the app, which creates an IOU in your spouse's wallet on the XRP ledger that is then automatically sent to you. 

For example, my wife asks me "can you give me a back rub, I promise I'll pay you back". I go to my phone and enter "backrub", while looking at her and explaining we're keeping track from now on, and the app creates an IOU in her wallet which is sent to my wallet, 1 "backrub".

Let there be several categories, backrub, beer, dinner, movie, whatever. 

Because I know I'll never get paid back by my wife, I take the app to a massage parlor, or maybe a "massage parlor" :hi:,  and I "pay" for the massage using the app:

The app converts a prefunded XRP balance from my wife's account into fiat to pay for the massage, and her IOU "backrub" is destroyed. We both have a record that her debt is settled, and I get back my backrub without having to hassle her for it in the future, because we all know that's never going to happen :friends:.

The question is, how do you trick your spouse into prefunding their account!

22 minutes ago, Wandering_Dog said:

Here's an app for couples, call it, say, "Payback". Both parties have to have the app installed for it to function, and both parties must pre-fund their account in the app. 

When your spouse asks you for a favor (promising to pay you back in the future) you can enter it into the app, which creates an IOU in your spouse's wallet on the XRP ledger that is then automatically sent to you. 

For example, my wife asks me "can you give me a back rub, I promise I'll pay you back". I go to my phone and enter "backrub", while looking at her and explaining we're keeping track from now on, and the app creates an IOU in her wallet which is sent to my wallet, 1 "backrub".

Let there be several categories, backrub, beer, dinner, movie, whatever. 

Because I know I'll never get paid back by my wife, I take the app to a massage parlor, or maybe a "massage parlor" :hi:,  and I "pay" for the massage using the app:

The app converts a prefunded XRP balance from my wife's account into fiat to pay for the massage, and her IOU "backrub" is destroyed. We both have a record that her debt is settled, and I get back my backrub without having to hassle her for it in the future, because we all know that's never going to happen :friends:.

The question is, how do you trick your spouse into prefunding their account!

When my spouse says "payback" .... she means something else :lol: