xrpmommy

Ross D' Arcy Sales Director, Europe @ Shift Money 2018

He completely blew a golden opportunity to explain xRapid and how xrp is used for settlement. The last question from the audience was an underhanded softball and he kicked it. What he said didn't resemble xRapid at all. "As long as they're Ripple partners." "Even if there are 4 banks in between" ??? 

No mention of xrp, exchanges, 3 seconds, nothing. 

😫

Edited by LordVetinari

At the 15:40 mark D'Archy says Ripple are looking for 300-400 customers before they expect to begin to see a network effect take hold. We're currently at somewhere between 50-67% of that threshold.

That means at the current pace of adoption - 'one new customer a week', we'd expect to see adoption begin to snowball by the end of 2020 at best, or by 2022 if we take the higher figure. That is assuming that the pace of adoption stays constant. 

Very encouraging, given the scale of the task they're trying to achieve. 

5 minutes ago, Tripple said:

At the 15:40 mark D'Archy says Ripple are looking for 300-400 customers before they expect to begin to see a network effect take hold. We're currently at somewhere between 50-67% of that threshold.

That means at the current pace of adoption - 'one new customer a week', we'd expect to see adoption begin to snowball by the end of 2020 at best, or by 2022 if we take the higher figure. That is assuming that the pace of adoption stays constant. 

Isn't 1-2 a week now?  1 a week was in the spring/summer.  They are on 200, where were we this time last year?  100?  Personally, as an optimist, I would expect Ripple to reach 350 - 400 by the end of this year

11 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Isn't 1-2 a week now?  1 a week was in the spring/summer.  They are on 200, where were we this time last year?  100?  Personally, as an optimist, I would expect Ripple to reach 350 - 400 by the end of this year

Could easily be the case. 

3 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

A network effect couldn't start earlier (for xrp holders) if we add Ripple's 200 to the R3 ones?:rolleyes:

I don't know the mechanics of R3's 'Settler' so I don't know. I'm sure someone more learned that myself will be able to chime in. 

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:
2 hours ago, Tripple said:

33 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

I believe the figures have moved to 2, sometimes 3 per week as regards new accounts, so I agree 350 to 400 by year end 2019.

350 to 400 should absolutely be possible by end 2019 IMO

In 2018, nearly 100 financial institutions joined RippleNet, and we’re now signing two—sometimes three—new customers per week. We also saw a 350 percent increase last year in customers sending live payments, and we’re beginning to see more customers flip the switch and leverage XRP for on-demand liquidity,” said Brad Garlinghouse, CEO of Ripple. “At the end of the day, our goal is to make sure our customers can provide excellent, efficient cross-border payments experiences for their customers, wherever they are in the world.”

https://ripple.com/insights/ripplenet-surpasses-200-customers-worldwide/?fbclid=IwAR0JgECpzl4HkJcLnvAR89Nuizs82ehOfk4utHuSs1K4r3NAk1hWuD6NFgI

Assuming we're separating price appreciation and adoption, let's just see what the end January Ripple Swift stage brings. Talks of 2020-2022 basis forecasting clients per week is very hard to deem valid. There's one variable that makes the client/s per week average almost impossible to forecast - it'll be way higher than 2-3 clients per week once there is regulation in place. Garlinghouse said this, this month:

“This is the year the wheat will be separated from the chaff." per Forbes

19 minutes ago, Truckdriver said:

@xrpmommy just wondering if you have a video from BAFT  London ,from 14th to 16th 2019 , on now, with Marcus Treacher speaking at the event, thanks in advance if you find it and thanks for looking if you don't :D 

well, there website is down for me, which really helps

20 minutes ago, AlexCobb said:

well, there website is down for me, which really helps

Oh thats a pain in the butt, i hoping to see that , he is a fantastic speaker,  and with Brad speaking at end of month in France, two events you don't want to miss.