mattwayne_c

Carolinas meetup?

Hey fellow zerpers!

My name is Matt, I am a pre-med student at East Carolina University in Greenville NC. I saw an old thread from 2017 about fellow zerpers in Charlotte (where I grew up). Knowing that there are plenty of us in the Carolinas region, I would like to propose a meetup between now and early summer. I think it would be a great opportunity to network and share some crypto insights over some NC BBQ! 

I would like to start with a meetup, but dream that, eventually, we could get a Carolina Crypto Association founded to spread awareness of the use of crypto. The Association could even lobby to help our stubborn state governments pass crypto-friendly laws and such.... oh what a dream!

Anyways, if anyone is interested, please reply with your first name, location of residence, and reccomended time and place to meet. I would reccomend somewhere in the Piedmont like Charlotte, Winston Salem , or Raleigh. But I'm willing to make anything work! 

Please share this post, let's make our first meetup #XRPCommunity worthy!

2 hours ago, LoganClark said:

lol, going to ECU in the fall small world

Lemme know when you're in town, or if you need any help with the transition into ECU. I can answer anything about the university. 

45 minutes ago, SgtPeppers said:

@mattwayne_c    I live here in Charlotte.  Would be glad to meet up.  I am going to be in Winston Salem during the weekend of 3/15-16.  Could stay over Sat night into Sunday.   I go by name Pep.  Not related to Julius Peppers.

I grew up in China Grove. It would be insane if I was talking to a relative of THE Julius Peppers. On other forums, I have seen people from Raleigh and Asheville. I think Winston Salem would be a fine place to meet up. That weekend works for me as well. 

I'm going to add a link to a straw poll for potential times and locations before the week is out. I'm waiting for others on reddit and twitter to make XRPCHAT accounts... which takes a day now for them to respond. 

I'm in Charlotte too, small world. Would be down to meetup for some BBQ and a beer. Perhaps create a discord group for communication in arranging it? If any of you all want to play the new smash I can put a smack down on you all :D

Would be nice to chat with some like-minded people and discuss crypto

Edited by LucidRain

7 minutes ago, LucidRain said:

I'm in Charlotte too, small world. Would be down to meetup for some BBQ and a beer. Perhaps create a discord group for communication in arranging it? If any of you all want to play the new smash I can put a smack down on you all :D

Would be nice to chat with some like-minded people and discuss crypto

I'm all down for a smash smackdown! Please take the time to reply in the survey above. We are trying to see if the date of March 15th works. So far, no one has disagreed. I speculate that Winston Salem is the most central place for most of us (except me, being near the outer banks). But you can list all of the cities you're willing to meet and the food you're willing to eat (i am in favor of some Lexington BBQ myself). I will compile the data and make a decision based on the majority of answers. The good thing is, most people in this community are very easy going. So this process won't be too difficult.