DariStar

Opening bank account with Euro Exim Bank

8 minutes ago, ErikNL said:

No bank in the world that would get me as a (consumer) customer for EUR 20,- per month! That's ridiculous.

Sometimes, it's not about making money, so much as it is about not losing money (or time).  The same reason some clubs have cover charges;  it's not about being discriminating (in a bad way), it's just about making sure that people who can't afford what is served don't wind up inside and throwing a fit at the pricing of service.

As you said, you're a consumer.  Ditto.  I wouldn't sign up with an Export/Import bank as a consumer, myself, either, so, I'm not concerned about their fee structure...

No bank in the world that would get me as a (consumer) customer for EUR 20,- per month! That's ridiculous.

Why? Managing accounts goes with a cost. There is nothing like a free lunch....

1 hour ago, DariStar said:

Each Outgoing Swift transfer will be charged - 2.0% / $40.00 / €36.00 / £26.00 or Equivalent to $40.00

Each Incoming Swift transfer will be charged - 1.0% / $40.00 / €36.00 / £26.00 or Equivalent to $40.00

Posting stuff like this in XRPChat is more or less an insult IMHO :dash1:

9 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Why? Managing accounts goes with a cost. There is nothing like a free lunch....

Because other banks charge reasonable monthly fees (3 EUR/Month) for functionalities that most consumers desire. I guess as suggested above, I am indeed not their target audience. 

8 minutes ago, Magickarp said:

What are you implying?

What does the FCA say?
What does that mean for their(Euro Exim Bank) services?
What does that mean for Ripple?
What does that mean for XRP? 

I'm not going to draw any conclusion here, I'll leave that to each and every one of you to do for yourself.

The website is the official financial regulator of UK where the company is based, and it clearly says that they are NOT registered to offer regulated products or services. They were registered in the past, but are no longer since 17.02.2017. However you want to cut this, they are not a bank, nor credit union, nor financial services provider. If they say they are they are most likely breaking the law.

25 minutes ago, Ylod said:

See what the FCA has to say about them - https://register.fca.org.uk/ShPo_FirmDetailsPage?id=001b000000NMcz2AAD

I'd love to be wrong sometimes...

What that means is that Euro Exim Bank is not really a Bank, but can only offer Money Remittance services? The only connection to being a bank is the actual word 'Bank' which is simply in their company name. Lol. 

The status they have is already active since Feb 2017 though. 

image.png.05bfd8ab78134822e284ac189d8e2e01.png

Edited by ErikNL

1 minute ago, ErikNL said:

What that means is that Euro Exim Bank is not really a Bank, but can only offer Money Remittance services? The only connection to being a bank is the actual word 'Bank' which is simply in their company name. Lol. 

The status they have is already active since Feb 2017 though. 

image.png.05bfd8ab78134822e284ac189d8e2e01.png

Good find. However, as @DariStar said in the title and the following posts, they offer bank accounts both business and private. How's that not a bank?