Sign in to follow this  
Troymaklure

Hello! + Question!

I am interested in XRP and I thought I'd register for what looks like the best place to get more information!

One question already tickling my brain is exactly what determines the value of XRP.  Some people say it is the banks and other large institutions holding, others say it is only the speculation of tbe cryptomarket that determines it. So which one is it?

:yess: wish you all a happy new year! 

9 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

There is no consensus (see what I did there?   :) ) on how it should be valued other than the market.  And the market is depressed and manipulated and vulnerable to pump and dump schemes.

10 hours ago, XRPHdlr said:

Welcome :bye:!

Volume determines the price and unfortunately btc..for now

7 hours ago, Trickery said:

Ultimately the price will be determined by utility volume but that's a ways off in the future.

Thank you all. I was asking, because if it is the case that the price will be determined by FI holding, then it is literally only a matter of time before it goes high. But if it is based on speculation from this young and volatile cryptomarket, it isn't something I'd be confident would happen. This is because the market does not understand XRP and many are already vested in BTC/ETH, and are also against XRP because of its perceived collaboration with banks. XRP, based on utility and the talent behind it alone should be at the top right now, if the market does not value it at this point, then I don't know if anything will, unless FI holding has a significant effect by itself, without relying on retail speculation.

So what are your thoughts?

Edited by Troymaklure

25 minutes ago, Troymaklure said:

Thank you all. I was asking, because if it is the case that the price will be determined by FI holding, then it is literally only a matter of time before it goes high. But if it is based on speculation from this young and volatile cryptomarket, it isn't something I'd be confident would happen. This is because the market does not understand XRP and many are already vested in BTC/ETH, and are also against XRP because of its perceived collaboration with banks. XRP, based on utility and the talent behind it alone should be at the top right now, if the market does not value it at this point, then I don't know if anything will, unless FI holding has a significant effect by itself, without relying on retail speculation.

So what are your thoughts?

It's not going to be based on FI's hodling because that is dormant XRP which won't affect the price on a real time basis it's about FI's and banks utilising xRapid and sucking up the sell side of the orderbook which will push the price ever upwards until an equilibrium is reached. No body knows what that price will be but I envisage somewhere around Lambo or Luna.

37 minutes ago, Trickery said:

It's not going to be based on FI's hodling because that is dormant XRP which won't affect the price on a real time basis it's about FI's and banks utilising xRapid and sucking up the sell side of the orderbook which will push the price ever upwards until an equilibrium is reached. No body knows what that price will be but I envisage somewhere around Lambo or Luna.

Fantastic. So essentially, doesn't rely on the speculation of retail investors. But rather big FIs making buy/sell orders? 

14 minutes ago, Troymaklure said:

Fantastic. So essentially, doesn't rely on the speculation of retail investors. But rather big FIs making buy/sell orders? 

Pretty much. Utility drives supply and demand. FI's need to move value between currency pairs, the more they move the higher the value XRP must reach to accommodate that value. Seeing as how there are 180 currencies and only <100B tokens. It is safe to say that utility will be THE single driver of XRPs price.