Sign in to follow this  
Jbug81

How low are we going here?

Buy weekly and don't stress about the price. IMO. This is a looong term hold.

My first purchase was at about 1.15 (not including fees), 1 year ago. Only $50 bucks worth. 

Since then, I've purchased a small amount just about every week (sometimes twice) and will continue doing so. Current DCA is around .42.

25 minutes ago, NO-XRP said:

Not unlikely we will see sub 7 cents during 2019. Dragged down by a massive BTC dump.

Very possible, and then again, very not. Who knows! 

On 1/13/2019 at 11:41 PM, Jbug81 said:

I'm new to crypto,  really since late December 2018, but I'd still like to consider myself an early adopter! I do see this being here to stay and common technology  by the time my new born is a teenager.

But these early days are worrying.  I bought XRP at around 0.38, and now we sit below 0.32.

How low do we go here!  I'm tempted to get more XRP but this slide just keeps sliding! 

Assuming no extreme things happen (law changes / hacks / big whale dumps etc) and there is a genuine market, in my opinion 25c is bottom (I don't count 1 hour candles that maybe touch 23c during high volatility events), around 30c is a good entry. I do have reasons for that incl TA, comparison with other bubbles, global context things that are happening but currently don't want to write an essay about that. And nothing is certain so keep that in mind.

There are many people who bought higher than you and wait. I personally would not worry about your entry price if you can miss the money for a while.
If you wait several years and XRP ecosystem works out well I think there are good chances of seeing profits.

When buying things that have volatile price always use money you can afford to lose / don't have to think about

Note: I'm biased and not an expert. My expectations might be complete crap.

Edited by edwin90

18 hours ago, NO-XRP said:

Not unlikely we will see sub 7 cents during 2019. Dragged down by a massive BTC dump.

It's going to happen IMO, there will come a time it's not profitable for anyone to mine/process the transactions then what ?

By then it will be confirmed as the worlds biggest most successful scam and the whole crypto spaces reputation is tarnished forever .

We all lose out in the end . 

2 hours ago, Helmsdeep said:

It's going to happen IMO, there will come a time it's not profitable for anyone to mine/process the transactions then what ?

By then it will be confirmed as the worlds biggest most successful scam and the whole crypto spaces reputation is tarnished forever .

We all lose out in the end . 

We haven’t seen dips yet. When we get close enough to the threshold for early buyers (whales) and they start protecting their positions, that is when you will see real sell orders and true dumps of xrp. It’d also be interesting to see how quickly some, not all, of the early investors who have a “current price is irrelevant” attitude change their tune. Up or down, interesting times abound. 

So many people here are newcomers and have known only crypto pain - so it's not surprising that the tone here is pessimistic .  Yes  Crypto can be a cruel mistress - but I am hopeful that the bottom is in.  Regardless  - IMO but not just my opinion, the trading doesn't seem natural, i.e the trading lately seems to be low volume punctuated by big trades which seem to be designed to move the price, mainly but not always lower.  Is the move lower to take advantage of a lower price point for accumulation or is it to reach a lower price so that profits on the futures exchanges can be realized.  If it is for accumulation than I would think we have a big run coming sooner or later. Anyway I've been buying more since the end of Oct.  I'm still buying, here.  In a year of so I doubt .10 either way will make a difference.  

4 hours ago, Eric123 said:

IMO but not just my opinion, the trading doesn't seem natural, i.e the trading lately seems to be low volume punctuated by big trades which seem to be designed to move the price, mainly but not always lower.

It also appears that a large amount of the volume is BTC and Tether - all other currencies are very small shares. I've noticed that always happens in quiet periods when the only action is trading/wash trading for small profits.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:51 PM, Eric123 said:

So many people here are newcomers and have known only crypto pain - so it's not surprising that the tone here is pessimistic .  Yes  Crypto can be a cruel mistress - but I am hopeful that the bottom is in.  Regardless  - IMO but not just my opinion, the trading doesn't seem natural, i.e the trading lately seems to be low volume punctuated by big trades which seem to be designed to move the price, mainly but not always lower.  Is the move lower to take advantage of a lower price point for accumulation or is it to reach a lower price so that profits on the futures exchanges can be realized.  If it is for accumulation than I would think we have a big run coming sooner or later. Anyway I've been buying more since the end of Oct.  I'm still buying, here.  In a year of so I doubt .10 either way will make a difference.  

Cruel mistress? Excuse me I didn’t spent bucketloads of my husband’s money so we can both have some mistresses........lol

Sign in to follow this