Sign in to follow this  
XRP_News

Ripple XRP Groupthink

4 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

Yeah but 99% of the time it is fud or something else that has been debunked 415 times before. There has been very little valid criticism.

Do you class the research into that first "bank" that is going to use xrp as FUD ?

That is exactly what xrp investors need to know so long as it's TRUE that is all that matters really . 

Interesting to note the director of that banks surname also which no one has picked up on .😐 

7 hours ago, XRP_News said:

Hi all,

I posted a video today about the concept of Groupthink, and how it may apply to the XRP Community or crypto communities in general.

Just something to think about going forward regarding our own decisions in this arena.  Interested in any thoughts you have on the issue!

XRP News

It's human nature.   My family had a business in a commercial center that  burned down.   The owners of the commercial center built up the center and modeled it the same as the old structure because of it's popularity as a recognizable landmark and over 90% of the vendors returned to set up shop.   People are resistant to change because of many factors like uncertainty, giving up what is perceived as having been good thing, having a proven track record even if it's mediocre for something that could be much better in the future, but hasn't proven itself yet - I think that's what drive the popularity of BTC to a large extent, and what drives many of us to stay in one crypto even if it falls down in rank.

Most people are afraid to take risks and change their natural tendency or pattern of behavior for something that could yield better results.

10 hours ago, Benchmark said:

The risk of groupthink is real, but the good thing in most internet communities is that they are fluid and flexible. People join, leave, change minds all the time. If something smells like ********, it's easy to say it on a forum and challenging whatever opinion rules.

Except if your a CSC coin fanboy or in the TA section of this forum.

I’m disappointed by the size of Ripple’s first bank using XRP.  I expected and hoped for a bigger bank. But hey, it’s a start and my guess is bigger banks will follow”. 

“ jeeeeezz, moonboys are hyping again on this nono bank as first customer. It only has 300k worth of assets, less than the value of my house. Yeah, 2018 was great, 2019 will be glorious for sure, lol” 

Now which of these two would one consider FUD?

Wording , tone of voice and intentions are important. 

Edited by Ripple-Stiltskin

8 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I’m disappointed by the size of Ripple’s first bank using XRP.  I expected and hoped for a bigger bank. But hey, it’s a start and my guess is bigger banks will follow”. 

“ jeeeeezz, moonboys are hyping again on this nono bank as first customer. It only has 300k worth of assets, less than the value of my house. Yeah, 2018 was great, 2019 will be glorious for sure, lol” 

Now which of these two would one consider FUD?

Wording , tone of voice and intentions are important. 

There are a minority of posters here who:-

• consistently post negative comments about XRP.  I mean - all the time. When this pattern of negativity is highlighted, they then begrudgingly post a token positive comment about XRP (purely to sound neutral)
  • all seem to be superb day traders, casually buying absolute bottoms and selling tops
  • are all apparently stinking rich and don't need to work, like...ever again.  They all - in a completely unprompted way - talk about their wealth when nobody asked them to.  Even if we cared, we're supposed to take their word on it.
  • think every XRP holder thinks XRP will go to five bazillion dollars per token in....like five minutes.  And so, they treat every XRP holder as if they are lunatics.

It's almost as if they could be the same person, but I don't think they are....it's just....groupthink.

Edited by 2ndtimearound

Sign in to follow this