Sign in to follow this  
jonnero

Please Help - Funds Lost from Android Wallet

This is terrible. It took so much time and sacrifice to earn this money and this guy took them like there were his own. :/

Seems like someone got your private key and stole it. I hope you are not financially hurt too much.

Now I wonder how this was possible.

Did you save the key / 24 word passphrase on your computer? The Simplify xrp wallet seems from to be made by caramba-apps.com but I can't find it back on their website. If you really want to investigate you might want to ask the developer of the app what he thinks about this.

19 hours ago, jonnero said:

I had my money on Wallet simplify wallet xrp

@jonnero Which wallet is it? It might be easier if you share a link.

I could be wrong but this doesn't look like an experienced scammer or broad based hack - they created and tested their new wallet with 25XRP and then sent the rest of the funds. Most scammers have their wallet and exit strategy ready to go and the funds are shunted to an DEX or standard exchange as quickly as possible. It seems opportunistic but still not sure how it happened.

18 hours ago, SGoldstein said:

The moment the funds get transferred to an exchange, that's where you can try to hit up their support and try to proof them that these funds are in fact stolen.

+1

Thank you for the support. I was wrong it is not 24 words key, the paper key is 12 words. And it appears in the given application after you will write 4 number pin. I wrote a letter to simplify support, although still i did not get any response from them. Do you think that there is anything that i can do ?

2 hours ago, jonnero said:

Thank you for the support. I was wrong it is not 24 words key, the paper key is 12 words. And it appears in the given application after you will write 4 number pin. I wrote a letter to simplify support, although still i did not get any response from them. Do you think that there is anything that i can do ?

Maybe you have 2 separate 12 word keys? If so the sites we linked you would still work. I have a feeling you have sufficient information to retrieve your xrp. Maybe an online wallet AND a ledger or cold wallet. With two separate keys. 

7 hours ago, jargoman said:

Maybe you have 2 separate 12 word keys? If so the sites we linked you would still work. I have a feeling you have sufficient information to retrieve your xrp. Maybe an online wallet AND a ledger or cold wallet. With two separate keys. 

No...I think this 12 word key is just the recovery key for the choosen desktop wallet. In case you forgot your pin (in this case). All these dektop wallets want to make it much easier for consumers to 'own' some crypto. But the owners dont know they dont hold the key (aka 24 secret words) for their wallet....

Edited by Tonnie
I encounterd the same with CSC yesterday, took time to understand....

what can I do now? are there any authorities that will try to find this thief? Where should I turn into for help?

or just to report that my money were stolen?

it was 12 words. Me too.  I do not know how it is possible

This wallet is weird you only need to write your pin4 digit. And then in security folder you can have the information about your 12 words passcode

I have very small response from simplify wallet, just one email asking do I have my passcode. Noone has written down any information below about who am I speaking with. What is even more peculiar is the fact that on this wallet I still have an information that my account is still not active because i did not recive at least 20 xrp. no data showing any transaction in this wallet. the only fact is sum of 20.39 xrp inside wallet.  I am wondering could that be an embezzlement 

24 is 12 + 12. Are you sure you don't have two wallets

bittrex > 
first 12 words = rMmfcWJ7WSGQugYX7iNaaeYcPvUGjYFXh2  20xrp 
second 12 words = rsbGAp8MhKaftdM8LGL4mSGmh9Hp2u3vXZ 18 384.39 XRP

It really seems like you received 18384.39 to one wallet and sent it to another the next day. 

BOTH keys work in BOTH wallets.

Put the other 12 words in and you'll find your xrp