P3T3RIS

xRapid execution order confirmed by David Schwarz

5 hours ago, BrownBear said:

orders so large that the exchange couldn't fill them on the open market without hitting multiple limit orders and introducing slippage when trying to sell it at the other end due to liquidity issues. 

JK once said on some post that large payments can be executed with ease on xRapid. This is what points me to believe that there are operators in the market besides 4 partner exchanges. And since we do not know of them, I’d like to get an answer if that means banks operating directly on RippleNet already. If that is the case, they might already be offering liquidity to xRapid.

This is again something I will find out at some point, so no need for anyone to flip over 😎

by the way, Puerto Banus is just beautiful on mornings like these 🌞

6 minutes ago, P3T3RIS said:

JK once said on some post that large payments can be executed with ease on xRapid. This is what points me to believe that there are operators in the market besides 4 partner exchanges. And since we do not know of them, I’d like to get an answer if that means banks operating directly on RippleNet already. If that is the case, they might already be offering liquidity to xRapid.

This is again something I will find out at some point, so no need for anyone to flip over 😎

by the way, Puerto Banus is just beautiful on mornings like these 🌞

I presume as an exchange you do have some direct communications with Ripple Labs? 

2 hours ago, P3T3RIS said:

Puerto Banus is just beautiful on mornings like these 🌞

Just looked it up , looks like a nice place to have a 58 :D

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1178946/1958-chevrolet-corvette-for-sale-in-scottsdale-arizona-85260 not sure if it's your thing , resto mod, it's sexy  

Edited by Truckdriver

On 1/13/2019 at 5:24 AM, P3T3RIS said:

If exchange has enough fiat and XRP to fill those orderbooks by themselves, why would they need more liquidity from you or someone else? I’m not talking about some exchange that has 1 million XRP and 1 million EUR or USD to use for this orderbook. I’m talking about providing liquidity to cover that traffic 100% with their own funds.

What you are saying is that an exchange could trade against it's own clients? That likely won't last long as a business. This is one of the reasons why many people welcome regulation in exchanges, as there are too many dodgy practices.

I'm concerned that you have said a few things that seem to imply that you think that the fiat / XRP on an exchange belongs to the exchange. Really it belongs to the clients. So unless you are talking about the actual profits of the exchange as opposed to its customers holdings then yes, it couldn't use them for xRapid.

-Matt

4 hours ago, P3T3RIS said:

JK once said on some post that large payments can be executed with ease on xRapid. 😎

🌞

in his talk in June 2018, D.S. said he was unsure if there would be enough liquidity and it could simply die if large orders saturate the market. Time stamp is around 28 minute mark. So I would be interested where you are getting your information from. Please provide your source.