Esprxp

Ana Botín (Santander) talks about Ripple again

5 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Oh, didn't mean to come off like a savage. I get frustrated as well with all of the successes that Ripple has had with respects to the constant on-boarding of partnership after partnership. and yet the price of XRP remained subdued. However, I believe that we soon start to see some price action reflective of the growing RippleNet community as RIpple's xRapid initial partners (Caullix, MercuryFx, Catalyst Corporate Credit Union, Sendfriend, JNFX, Transpaygo, FTCS, Euro Exim Bank) go-live and into full-production mode this year.

Hey, no worries, all in good form.

I think it is safe to say that your frustrations are shared far and wide here. However, based on what I have seen happening (or better not happening) with all these partners so far, I think we are in for a long ride. Maybe far longer than most of us would care to consider now. Even the "full production" mode may not be as groundbreaking as we all hope it to be.

Not to be a contrarian or a killjoy, just taking it all with a grain of salt.

22 minutes ago, King34Maine said:

Banks are some of the most conservative entities on the planet. I personally think that they are moving quite rapidly in attempts to compete and remain relevant in the advent of an ever-increasing wave of competition. When you look at how many banks are partnered with Ripple alone shows that they understand that their survival is at stake. 

26 minutes ago, QuantumOfSolace said:

They're a client and a major early adopter.  They did 2 years of testing before going live, how impressive is that? 

I agree. Santander is the UE largest bank by market capitalization. Maneuvering a transatlantic ship is not the same as deciding a new direction on a bike.

However, based on what I have seen happening (or better not happening) with all these partners so far, I think we are in for a long ride. Maybe far longer than most of us would care to consider now. Even the "full production" mode may not be as groundbreaking as we all hope it to be.

Yes I agree with you on this. I also think we are in for a long ride... and at least for me it is longer than I thought. Here are many that are in for 5 years plan and even when the year changes they still say 5 years. Well I got in 2 years ago and my plan was about 3 years so I have 1 year left of my plan. I don't think I will get the return I was hoping 2 years ago so I just have to wait a few years longer... no problem but it sucks :)

Though their conference was in Nov I never saw anything on it until now.  This is great news and regarding the frustrations just set your expectations out to 2022 or so.  We will almost definitely see a dozen(s) of clients with Xrapid in production this year.  If Ripple continues on the same trajectory of client on-boarding this year as the second half of last year we should conservatively see metcalfe's law take shape sometime in 2020.  From there I think it would be wise let your current investment mature for an additional few years once that takes shape as the returns will be exponential.  Sure, there will be market ups and downs but eventually later this year or early next utility driven demand will drive XRP's price.  A bull market will help that but I don't think it's required.   

I would love a massive pump as much as anyone, but overall I think the more we weed out the people looking to make a quick buck and attract long-term investors the better it is for the future health and growth of the market. I'll admit 2017 gave me visions of lambos, but those of us who were here in 2016 and before were talking about how we were seeing progress starting to be made, but that realistically we probably wouldn't see any major adoption for 5-10 years. We're already starting to see the beginnings of that, and the more companies who do the initial legwork required for testing and setup and spread the good news of their results, the faster things will accelerate.

1 hour ago, Jimmyt said:

Don't forget Santander is also a partner of SWIFT GPI.  Just saying they are not exactly loyal to Ripple 

No they're not a partner they are a member of SWIFT and the GPI update was compulsory for all members. They can't just switch off their operations and move to Ripple in the blink of an eye.

10 hours ago, Ylod said:

Hey, no worries, all in good form.

I think it is safe to say that your frustrations are shared far and wide here. However, based on what I have seen happening (or better not happening) with all these partners so far, I think we are in for a long ride. Maybe far longer than most of us would care to consider now. Even the "full production" mode may not be as groundbreaking as we all hope it to be.

Not to be a contrarian or a killjoy, just taking it all with a grain of salt.

Everything can happen, that's why it's called a gamble.

Don't forget Santander is also a partner of SWIFT GPI.  Just saying they are not exactly loyal to Ripple 

Yes and one day they will throw the giant iron switch with open terminals to switch between the two systems.

2 hours ago, Archbob said:

They are using xCurrent pretty heavily but they did say last year that they are going to use SWIFT GPI for 80% of their cross-border transactions.

The remaining 20% is the cake slice that Ripple has started eating. Without a doubt it is a not insignificant proportion ...

19 hours ago, QuantumOfSolace said:

They're a client and a major early adopter.  They did 2 years of testing before going live, how impressive is that? 

Yet still not using xrp

On 1/11/2019 at 4:58 AM, Zerp_Legend said:

They are also a Ripple investor. Not using xrapid at one point would be... (insert something mean here)

For reference...

image.png.ad6a32cddf6171e0ce1c7f24f5d903bd.png

Also for reference...

https://www.institutionalinvestor.com/article/b16fxgxzfjswyw/the-fintech-finance-40-mariano-belinky

The Fintech Finance
40: Mariano Belinky

Managing Partner, Santander InnoVentures

Jeffrey Kutler January 15, 2018

Currently ranked: 15
Previously ranked: 15

A hard-nosed attitude and a commitment to creating value guide Mariano Belinky in managing the Santander Group’s Santander InnoVentures. “We are very opinionated,” he asserts. “Also, we have to bring strategic value to the Santander Group, and there is a strong commitment to collaboration.” Opinions are by definition subject to debate, but Belinky is absolutely convinced that no bank is better than Santander at deriving strategic benefits from venture investing. “Seventy percent of our portfolio is actively engaged with Santander,” notes the former McKinsey & Co. principal. 

Edited by GiddyUp
add Mariano Belinky