Esprxp

Ana Botín (Santander) talks about Ripple again

https://dailyhodl.com/2019/01/09/santander-bank-says-ripples-payment-network-outperforms-cross-border-competitors/

“You can do FX transfers, real-time, between the UK and continental Europe. And you can actually do Poland, Brazil and Chile – through Santander – for the same cost as Transferwise…

And that is the reason why we need to really think about what is real reciprocity. The devil is in the details and  the timing”

Brilliant conclusion....

5 minutes ago, JBW said:

Which is good or ?... what do you mean?

I mean they do talk and talk and talk, and not much else. Santander has been a partner (whatever that means) for Ripple for quite some time now.

Just sayin...

1 minute ago, QuantumOfSolace said:

Rome wasn't built in a day. Having Santander as an evangelist is a great thing.

Maybe.

At this pace we may not see Rome in our lifetime though.

As for a bank being an evangelist, well that can't hurt, although I'd much rather see them as a client. You know - Walk the talk or take a walk kind of thing.

9 minutes ago, Ylod said:

I mean they do talk and talk and talk, and not much else. Santander has been a partner (whatever that means) for Ripple for quite some time now.

Just sayin...

Them talking about the progress they've made with Ripple's tech is paramount. They've been testing and trialing Ripple's tech for the past 2 years prior to releasing their OnePay Fx application last year. As more and more banks and FIs start to openly speak out the more their counterparts from other banks start to listen and inquire about Ripple. Word-of-mouth is often times better than orchestrating a costly full-fledged marketing/advertising campaign bc it's your actual customer-base doing it for you!!

2 minutes ago, Ylod said:

Maybe.

As for a bank being an evangelist, well that can't hurt, although I'd much rather see them as a client. You know - Walk the talk or take a walk kind of thing.

They are a client....their OnePay FX application is built on Ripple's DLT platform xCurrent

4 minutes ago, Ylod said:

Maybe.

Banks are some of the most conservative entities on the planet. I personally think that they are moving quite rapidly in attempts to compete and remain relevant in the advent of an ever-increasing wave of competition. When you look at how many banks are partnered with Ripple alone shows that they understand that their survival is at stake. 

23 minutes ago, Ylod said:

Just sayin...

Yes I undertsand but they are still using xCurrent for now which is better than nothing. They will eventually use xRapid

13 minutes ago, Ylod said:

OK, ok, I give in. Don't bite my head off.

Great for them and great for Ripple.

I can't wait to see the day when it will be great for us XRP investors too.

Oh, didn't mean to come off like a savage. I get frustrated as well with all of the successes that Ripple has had with respects to the constant on-boarding of partnership after partnership. and yet the price of XRP remained subdued. However, I believe that we soon start to see some price action reflective of the growing RippleNet community as RIpple's xRapid initial partners (Caullix, MercuryFx, Catalyst Corporate Credit Union, Sendfriend, JNFX, Transpaygo, FTCS, Euro Exim Bank) go-live and into full-production mode this year.

Edited by King34Maine